Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Fingerprints and Polyfilla!

Fingerprints and Polyfilla!

Old Nov 4th 2003, 12:38 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute
Default Fingerprints and Polyfilla!

I knew that would get your attention, Polyanna!!

Just tell Richard that, despite his covering letter from Brighton (remember the place?) the FBI sent back Mrs Rog's dabs card saying their b*****y computer couldn't read it!

So, rushing up the road to the nearest sheriff's office to get two more done (just in case) was the way we spent this afternoon. The saga continues......

Baked cane toad, by the way, is a QLD delicassy - give the bloke one in gravy and he'll love you to bits. Trust me.

Old Nov 4th 2003, 12:42 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Oh no! Mind you Richard did say she has very worn prints, so i'm not surprised. Did the sheriff manage to get a better set? Or maybe they are more likely to accept them cos they're taken in the US. Heres hoping for better luck this time.......
Think I'll email the thread to Richard......!
Old Nov 4th 2003, 12:45 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Pollyana
Oh no! Mind you Richard did say she has very worn prints, so i'm not surprised. Did the sheriff manage to get a better set? Or maybe they are more likely to accept them cos they're taken in the US. Heres hoping for better luck this time.......
Think I'll email the thread to Richard......!
They were just the same! The tech wrote another note and we'll just have to see what transpires. I suppose if they won't take them we'll just have to try emigrating to Iceland....
:scared:
Old Nov 4th 2003, 12:48 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

You'll probably find they require nose-prints or something!
Old Nov 4th 2003, 12:57 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally posted by Pollyana
You'll probably find they require nose-prints or something!
What a horrible thought......

Their inking machine here is MUCH more sophisticated than the Sussex Police pad! The ink comes out of a dispenser onto a soft roller like a doughnut. Come to think of it, it might have BEEN a doughnut....

They'd just had their afternoon slaying when we arrived, talk was of blood and guts and having a McDonalds for tea!
Old Nov 4th 2003, 1:05 am
Home and Happy

We used to use tubes of ink but the pads were considered the less messy option! The best (and cleanest) way of doing it is with the new Livescan computer system, but at present Sussex can only use that for suspects and arrestees.