Melbourne Cup

Old Nov 4th 2003, 12:18 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all
Default Melbourne Cup

Anyone doing a horse today? Big gambler here.. $2 place on a nag and $3 to win on another one ... $7 I've just spent , quick where's the nearest Gamblers anonymous ?

I do the cup every year, every year between myself and hubby we've picked the winners (except last year but we did get a place) .. how? very scientifically... my cats pick them..lol ( read the horses out and if they cry or purr at one of them - that's the one lol... b*gger studying the forms, ask your cat or dog to pick one )

cheers

P.S if you haven't got a cat or dog to give you tips, climb over to your neighbours house and ask their dog/cat or grab a dog on the street lol - one way to get locked up by the men in white coats

Last edited by Ceri; Nov 4th 2003 at 12:24 am.
Old Nov 4th 2003, 12:25 am
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

Who is your cat backing?
Old Nov 4th 2003, 12:33 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

Originally posted by jayr
Who is your cat backing?
I'm superstitious...we (my cats and I) don't like to say lol . May put the heebe jeebies on it.
go grab a cat on the street lol.. if you're nice to him the cat might tell you (it's a conspiracy between the animal world that's what it is I tell you)
Old Nov 4th 2003, 12:36 am
Forum Regular

rachels is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

What are betting shops called over here? We wanted to see if there is one near to us and looked in the Yellow Pages under betting shops, bookmakers, turf accountants you name it, we tried it!) and we can't find any.

(We haven't got a pet but I asked the lizard sunbathing in our garden and he's just going for the favourite, so not much of a tip really)

Thanks
Old Nov 4th 2003, 12:36 am
BE Forum Addict

dotty is on a distinguished road

I'm in two sweeps, so I have horses 10 16 17 and 22, all of which probably have 3 legs
Old Nov 4th 2003, 12:38 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Originally posted by rachels
Hi

What are betting shops called over here? We wanted to see if there is one near to us and looked in the Yellow Pages under betting shops, bookmakers, turf accountants you name it, we tried it!) and we can't find any.

(We haven't got a pet but I asked the lizard sunbathing in our garden and he's just going for the favourite, so not much of a tip really)

Thanks
TAB .. if you look online they also have online betting, not sure if you have to set up an account though.. Anyway it's TAB, they are mostly in the pubs/clubs
BE Forum Addict

Hi

Thanks
TAB is the name dont ask me what it means but they are all owned by the government, well thats up here anyway.

Turf accountant bookmakers maybe ?
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Rachel - look for the nearest TAB, that should do it.

Asked my teddies for a tip but they are all snoring as they haven't adjusted to the time difference properly yet, and the furry snake has gone down the road looking for new mates. Wish I hadn't left the crystal ball to be shipped over........

P S Cor, that was case of lots of great minds thinking alike, wasn't it!
Old Nov 4th 2003, 12:41 am
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by dotty
TAB is the name dont ask me what it means but they are all owned by the government, well thats up here anyway.

Something like Totaliser Actualiser Board...I'll go and look it up
Old Nov 4th 2003, 12:41 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Originally posted by dotty

Totalise "something" betting
Old Nov 4th 2003, 12:43 am
Forum Regular

rachels is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks everyone!

TABs are cigarettes where I come from so I'm glad you told me that!

Good luck this afternoon
Old Nov 4th 2003, 12:45 am
Karma Comedian

It's Totalizator Agency Board, just checked on their website. I clicked on a link which said Gamblers Help which I thought would help me to gamble, it didn't.
Old Nov 4th 2003, 12:50 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by jayr
It's Totalizator Agency Board, just checked on their website. I clicked on a link which said Gamblers Help which I thought would help me to gamble, it didn't.
Did you know that OZ has 20% of the worlds gaming machines despite having a blip of the worlds population? Gamblers Help must get a lot of hits
Old Nov 4th 2003, 12:50 am
Karma Comedian

Thanks everyone!

TABs are cigarettes where I come from so I'm glad you told me that!

Good luck this afternoon

Still haven't worked out yet whether Aussies also call them fags. I don't really want to ask for 20 fags (or 25 for that matter) to find out.
Old Nov 4th 2003, 12:52 am
Y Ddraig Goch

Don't you find it odd that they are government owned? It sounds corrupt to me. Also when you do a horse at one of these TAB's the odds you get can go down (ie not fixed odds) . I think you can only get fixed odds on the track by on site bookies , and on some online betting sites. for instance you do a horse $25 to one .. then before the horses run the odds keep going down like 10 to one... I find that odd too...all very corrupt if you ask me.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.