Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Fines for the water wasters!!

Fines for the water wasters!!

Old Nov 22nd 2006, 10:53 am
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of
Default Fines for the water wasters!!

Seeing as water here in Perth is at low levels is it not time that those that waste our precious water are penalised?

I try to be careful with our usage, not having the tap running whilst teeth brushing, only filling the kettle to the required level and screaming at the boys when they are in the shower longer than necessary...............

Cam home at 6pm, and my neighbour has a hose pipe running with a sprinkler on the end, watering the front garden. It is now almost 8pm and it is STILL running!!!!! What a waste of our precious resources!!!
Old Nov 22nd 2006, 10:56 am
Forum Regular

warbs4 is a jewel in the roughwarbs4 is a jewel in the roughwarbs4 is a jewel in the roughwarbs4 is a jewel in the roughwarbs4 is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Fines for the water wasters!!

We've just received a letter from our landlord's agent reminding us of our obligation to water the garden twice a week. Wouldn't want yellow grass.....
Old Nov 22nd 2006, 12:35 pm
Banned

Rug13y has much to be proud ofRug13y has much to be proud ofRug13y has much to be proud ofRug13y has much to be proud ofRug13y has much to be proud ofRug13y has much to be proud ofRug13y has much to be proud ofRug13y has much to be proud ofRug13y has much to be proud ofRug13y has much to be proud ofRug13y has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by sj oldfield
Seeing as water here in Perth is at low levels is it not time that those that waste our precious water are penalised?

I try to be careful with our usage, not having the tap running whilst teeth brushing, only filling the kettle to the required level and screaming at the boys when they are in the shower longer than necessary...............

Cam home at 6pm, and my neighbour has a hose pipe running with a sprinkler on the end, watering the front garden. It is now almost 8pm and it is STILL running!!!!! What a waste of our precious resources!!!
Top of the list should be the local councils to be fined heavily for putting retic on stupid verges that dont need it (but we have to make Perth look prissy dont we) and not only that, sprinklers are on at midday!

I cant believe there is not real infrastructure to catch rainwater like the do in the UK!

So are you going to sucumb to the 'conditioning' and dob in your neighbour? Bl**dy crazy.
Old Nov 22nd 2006, 1:17 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

The woman next door to us can apparently use a hose to water as much as she likes - cos she is a Senior Citizen (does she get extra rain? No, then sorry, but her grass ought to be as brown as ours )
And we drove through a posh eatate yesterday where the world (and his ladylike wife) was out watering its lawns - maybe more rain falls on the rich people?

I tried to explain to The Bloke, but he can't see my point - its if "theres no water, theres no water, so you don't wash the car AT ALL" . Its not "theres no water till 6pm and then theres lots so I can wash it".
Let the car get dirty, it won't die
Old Nov 22nd 2006, 1:20 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sj oldfield

Perth does not have water restrictions at the moment.
Old Nov 22nd 2006, 4:14 pm
too busy to work members

yafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really nice

Originally Posted by Pollyana
The woman next door to us can apparently use a hose to water as much as she likes - cos she is a Senior Citizen (does she get extra rain? No, then sorry, but her grass ought to be as brown as ours )
And we drove through a posh eatate yesterday where the world (and his ladylike wife) was out watering its lawns - maybe more rain falls on the rich people?

I tried to explain to The Bloke, but he can't see my point - its if "theres no water, theres no water, so you don't wash the car AT ALL" . Its not "theres no water till 6pm and then theres lots so I can wash it".

Hi Poll In NSW we are still on the water twice per week only and this before 9.30 am or after 5pm and NEVER wash cars or hard surfaces and that includes windows. If you have and use water from a rainwater tank you have to have a notice stating you are using tank water or you get dobbed in.... But we all have brown lawns and dirty cars so don't feel out of it.

The worst thing we saw in Queensland was the 'people' from the beach who needed a half hour public shower to wash themselves their feet, their shoes, their boogie boards and etc. with the water rushing down the drain like mad....GRRRR
Old Nov 22nd 2006, 4:20 pm
Forum Regular

Leeds_to_Perth will become famous soon enoughLeeds_to_Perth will become famous soon enough

Get a bore pump, then you can have nice green gardens whenever you want.

You just have to put up with rust brown drive/pavements...and a slightly eggy smell when it's on.
Old Nov 22nd 2006, 9:34 pm
Where traffic lights rule

themerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond reputethemerlin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
I think it's mad as well !

People must really waste loads of water here, we only use 1/2 the average (according to our counsel bill) and have a pool that need filling, not sure how people manage to use twice as much water as us, maybe it's those prehistoric top loading washing machines
Old Nov 22nd 2006, 10:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Luma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond repute

"the restrictions apply to watering of gardens using sprinklers and reticulations systems using scheme water. However, watering by hand-held hose is allowed at anytime."
http://www.watercorporation.com.au/R...6597-2997-2837

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Perth does not have water restrictions at the moment.
Old Nov 22nd 2006, 11:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

harveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of lightharveyhare is a glorious beacon of light

You get 2 watering days per week according to house no, you can use a hose at anytime but not retic which i find strange as a hose uses more water.
The water corporation do check as they sent us a letter stating our retic was on at 5am on a non watering day and the fine would be $500 :scared: We have an excemption certificate from the water corporation with new landscaping but the water ranger was unaware

You can check your watering days on the water corporation website, they also have a do's and don'ts of water management.

Di
Old Nov 22nd 2006, 11:51 pm
kneading my cushion

webgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of lightwebgum is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Leeds_to_Perth
Get a bore pump, then you can have nice green gardens whenever you want.

You just have to put up with rust brown drive/pavements...and a slightly eggy smell when it's on.

Bore water isn't limitless either you know!!
Old Nov 23rd 2006, 12:02 am
BE Forum Addict

Pomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond repute

one of our idiot neighbours (Italian???) was out watering his driveway.
Of course it might die if it gets insufficient water...it seems to be a cultural thing not to use a broom.

I didn't dob him in but I did stand and glare until he got the message!
Old Nov 23rd 2006, 12:15 am
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pomster
one of our idiot neighbours (Italian???) was out watering his driveway.
Of course it might die if it gets insufficient water...it seems to be a cultural thing not to use a broom.

I didn't dob him in but I did stand and glare until he got the message!

What has being Italian got to do with it ? And how can not using a broom be a cultural thing?

I agree with the sentiments about water wastage but not that happy you made it into a race issue.
Old Nov 23rd 2006, 1:56 am
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

We have green grass because it's African. It's dead and yellow all winter and then the heat turns it green in the late Spring.
We have had people ask us if we water it to keep it green, but explain the African thing. We do let the dog wee on it though and we think that really helps.
Old Nov 23rd 2006, 3:07 am
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iPom
We do let the dog wee on it though and we think that really helps.
Thats the answer then - offer out your garden as the local dog urinal

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.