Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Finding somewhere to live in Sydney?

Finding somewhere to live in Sydney?

Old Jan 18th 2008, 8:32 am
Just Joined

stevetaylor47 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Finding somewhere to live in Sydney?

Help. I'm looking for somewhere to live in Sydney and its gotten to the point that i'll rent my own place or live in a shared house, i don't care anymore. It seems impossible. Every place i visit has 50 applicants. i'm starting to get seriously angry about all of it!! The real eastate people here are les than helpful!!

Any advice would be great.. or even if anyone knows of landlords renting, anything but having to deal with real estate agents..!

Thanks
Steve
Old Jan 19th 2008, 4:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Red_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond reputeRed_V_Roger has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Finding somewhere to live in Sydney?

Sorry cant really help - but may be better to post the actual area that you are interested in - Sydney's a pretty big place!
Old Jan 19th 2008, 8:22 am

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stevetaylor47
Help. I'm looking for somewhere to live in Sydney and its gotten to the point that i'll rent my own place or live in a shared house, i don't care anymore. It seems impossible. Every place i visit has 50 applicants. i'm starting to get seriously angry about all of it!! The real eastate people here are les than helpful!!

Any advice would be great.. or even if anyone knows of landlords renting, anything but having to deal with real estate agents..!

Thanks
Steve
Steve what is your price range and whereabouts in Sydney are you thinking of? North or South East or west!

use domain.com.au or realestate.com.au

PS posting this in the main australia forum might get you more answers
good luck
Old Jan 27th 2008, 7:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

ezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond reputeezzie has a reputation beyond repute

Steve, if you don't mind travelling, there's a better chance of accommodation in the Hills District. A recent building boom of apartments but with little transport out here the commuters avoid it. It's more of a family area - so not exactly an exciting night life - but if it's a roof over your head you need.....might be worth a look.

Is it accommodation for just you or you plus family?