Finding jobs

Old Oct 21st 2006, 11:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

brissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to beholdbrissydeb is a splendid one to behold
Default Finding jobs

Looking to move to Brisbane in July/August next year. Just wondering how everyone has found it getting jobs when you first arrive. Are the recruitment agencies helpful?
Old Oct 22nd 2006, 6:09 am
BE Enthusiast

wintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to allwintersgills is a name known to all
Default Re: Finding jobs

Originally Posted by brissydeb
Looking to move to Brisbane in July/August next year. Just wondering how everyone has found it getting jobs when you first arrive. Are the recruitment agencies helpful?
If you can spraypaint ill give you a job now
Old Oct 22nd 2006, 6:58 am
BE Enthusiast

hedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nice

I found it easier just to look in papers/internet
Old Oct 22nd 2006, 7:52 am
BE Enthusiast

The S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to behold

Depends what you do.
If you are a tradesman you will find work as soon as you look.
Old Oct 22nd 2006, 7:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The S's
Depends what you do.
If you are a tradesman you will find work as soon as you look.

Not always. My OH is an Electrician, he has had interest from everyone he has sent his CV to, but as soon as he says he hasn't got his licence yet, they don't want to know.

I know that's not true for everyone though.
Old Oct 22nd 2006, 8:04 am
BE Enthusiast

The S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Wendy
Not always. My OH is an Electrician, he has had interest from everyone he has sent his CV to, but as soon as he says he hasn't got his licence yet, they don't want to know.

I know that's not true for everyone though.
Yeah, real problems for sparks and plumbers with licencing. However as soon as he does get his licence he will be able to pick and choose.
If any sparks are coming over from england be prepared for a hard slog with licencing.
In the courier mail there are lists of positions for sparks, real lack of electricians here. Chin up though, once he gets it the world will be his oyster.
Old Oct 22nd 2006, 8:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, real problems for sparks and plumbers with licencing. However as soon as he does get his licence he will be able to pick and choose.
If any sparks are coming over from england be prepared for a hard slog with licencing.
In the courier mail there are lists of positions for sparks, real lack of electricians here. Chin up though, once he gets it the world will be his oyster.

Without a doubt. He does his exam on Wednesday - YIPEE!!!!
Old Oct 22nd 2006, 8:11 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Wendy
Without a doubt. He does his exam on Wednesday - YIPEE!!!!
Good luck to him.
PS Is that you on your avatar, if it is you are a handsome lady wendy, if a little butch
Old Oct 22nd 2006, 8:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Good luck to him.
PS Is that you on your avatar, if it is you are a handsome lady wendy, if a little butch

:scared: wash your mouth out That's my bestest, handsomest guy in the whole world there.

Morten Harket from A-ha

My piccy is in the BE gallery though.
Old Oct 22nd 2006, 9:53 am
Potton to the Gold Coast

Rob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to behold

I found that the recuitment agencies were crap! Not really helpful at all and got me interviews to jobs that i did not really want

I got more interviews from sending my resume off to company's myself and found a better quality of job

Hope that helps

Old Oct 22nd 2006, 11:53 am
BE Forum Addict

sassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond repute

From our experience agencies are a waste of time. My other half has registered with about 6 in the past few months, and has been sent on one interview. He has applied for dozens of jobs through seek.com in the past fortnight, and has not had one reply. He has had more response from applying to adveristed jobs in the local papers. In fact, he started his new job last thursday, literally 3 minutes drive from our house, so we are wrapped.