Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Finch Hatton Gorge(eous)!

Finch Hatton Gorge(eous)!

Old Apr 6th 2006, 11:50 am
BE Enthusiast

Bert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond reputeBert'n'Stella has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Finch Hatton Gorge(eous)!

Well we finally got to Finch Hatton Gorge last weekend. It is about an hours drive west of Mackay, and absolutely beautiful. We have wanted to go for months but every weekend it was either pouring with rain or something else came up. As it happens it began to rain just as we left, so finally we had good timing.

I have posted some pics for you all to envy The goanna was right at the entrance to the walks, practically in the car park! The odd out of focus one is the honeyeaters that swoop into our pool in the afternoon for a drink. They occasionally mistime it and get a dunking - resulting in a very wet unhappy bird trying to dry itself! Pic is blurry as is through out kitchen window so as not to scare them off....

Stella

P.S. I had to resize the pics so they would upload, so sorry if they cannot be enlarged when you see them!
Attached Thumbnails Finch Hatton Gorge(eous)!-finch-hatton-gorge-april-2006-001.jpg   Finch Hatton Gorge(eous)!-finch-hatton-gorge-april-2006-006.jpg   Finch Hatton Gorge(eous)!-finch-hatton-gorge-april-2006-009.jpg   Finch Hatton Gorge(eous)!-finch-hatton-gorge-april-2006-030.jpg  
Old Apr 6th 2006, 11:55 am
Account Closed

tonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Finch Hatton Gorge(eous)!

Originally Posted by Bert'n'Stella
Well we finally got to Finch Hatton Gorge last weekend. It is about an hours drive west of Mackay, and absolutely beautiful. We have wanted to go for months but every weekend it was either pouring with rain or something else came up. As it happens it began to rain just as we left, so finally we had good timing.

I have posted some pics for you all to envy The goanna was right at the entrance to the walks, practically in the car park! The odd out of focus one is the honeyeaters that swoop into our pool in the afternoon for a drink. They occasionally mistime it and get a dunking - resulting in a very wet unhappy bird trying to dry itself! Pic is blurry as is through out kitchen window so as not to scare them off....

Stella

P.S. I had to resize the pics so they would upload, so sorry if they cannot be enlarged when you see them!
Wow, this place looks fantastic!

Blue-faced honeyeaters and Lace Monitor at close range! Excellent! Love the amazing strangler fig too!

I'm going out to Townsville hopefully, so I'll have to check this place out.
Old Apr 6th 2006, 11:57 am
Account Closed

tonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tonyk38
Wow, this place looks fantastic!

Blue-faced honeyeaters and Lace Monitor at close range! Excellent! Love the amazing strangler fig too!

I'm going out to Townsville hopefully, so I'll have to check this place out.
Oh wait.... the honeyeaters were in your garden. Mind you that's even better!
Old Apr 6th 2006, 12:19 pm
Forum Regular

LindyLooPot is just really niceLindyLooPot is just really niceLindyLooPot is just really niceLindyLooPot is just really niceLindyLooPot is just really niceLindyLooPot is just really niceLindyLooPot is just really niceLindyLooPot is just really niceLindyLooPot is just really nice

Hi

Great pics - cheered me up today.

Linda