Reload this Page >

Financial assistance for PR holder for higher studies

Financial assistance for PR holder for higher studies

Old Dec 9th 2010, 8:32 am
Forum Regular

aahmed is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Financial assistance for PR holder for higher studies

Dear All Members,

My question is not related to immigration, Apology, if I posted it in wrong section.

Is Australia Government provide financial assistance (Loan) or discount for permanent resident if they would like to go for higher studies like post graduate management program or private course like CPL (commercial pilot).

Thanks you.

Last edited by aahmed; Dec 9th 2010 at 8:34 am. Reason: corrected formatting
Old Dec 9th 2010, 9:19 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Financial assistance for PR holder for higher studies

You have to be a citizen to get help towards fees for University courses. As for private courses, not a hope.
Old Dec 9th 2010, 9:22 am
Banned

gr8leo87 has a brilliant futuregr8leo87 has a brilliant futuregr8leo87 has a brilliant futuregr8leo87 has a brilliant futuregr8leo87 has a brilliant futuregr8leo87 has a brilliant future

There are Commonwealth Supported Places for all australian permanent residents and citizens.

You can get disconted fees (read huge discounted). Every australian resident and citizenship has a right to 7 years of commonwealth supported education.

You need to apply to get those 7 points (equivalent to 7 years of education) and then apply for a commonwealth supported places.

I will give you an example:

International Fees: 29,000$
Local fees: 21,000$
CSP: 9,000$

So if you are commonwealth your 'student contribution' will be 9,000$ for that course in the above example.
Old Dec 9th 2010, 8:34 pm
Forum Regular

aahmed is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Mr. leo

Originally Posted by gr8leo87
There are Commonwealth Supported Places for all australian permanent residents and citizens.

You can get disconted fees (read huge discounted). Every australian resident and citizenship has a right to 7 years of commonwealth supported education.

You need to apply to get those 7 points (equivalent to 7 years of education) and then apply for a commonwealth supported places.

I will give you an example:

International Fees: 29,000$
Local fees: 21,000$
CSP: 9,000$

So if you are commonwealth your 'student contribution' will be 9,000$ for that course in the above example.