Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Finally got here !

Wikiposts

Finally got here !

Old Aug 17th 2003, 7:43 am
I'm lovin' it

chippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to allchippy is a name known to all

Good luck to you new arrivals. Keep posting, its great to hear from you.
Old Aug 17th 2003, 12:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Wilf is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Finally got here !

Originally posted by karawara88
Got here on Wednesday 12th, still waking up at all hours of the night, bit chilly after UK heat wave.

Hired car and the driving here in Perth is mental, drive as close as possible to car in front, undertake and overtake and hog the right hand lane. Bit like the M6 really.

Found a site for those of you looking for accommodation http://www.accessproperty.com/

Mainly apartments but do 6 week to a year lets. Handy if you are not sure where you want to stay, there are loads of rental property available so try not to pay extortinate prices charged by some on this forum.

Car hire is pretty reasonable but be aware of insurance clauses, we ended up using Budget, Hyandai Elantra Auto, £150 a week with $250 excess, full insurance unlimited etc. Not the cheapest but seemed to cover all eventualitys.

Anyone need info just ask and I will try and help.

Got asked what I think of the stuff PB, Wilf, Dotty etc put on here now I am here. All I can say is they are not far off the mark.

Perth is a great place for builders and hairdressers. !!!

Catch you all later.

Chris & Donna

Also try http://www.satterley.com.au/ for rental in Perth

Good luck to you Chris and Donna. With your adult approach and sense of humour, I have always thought that if anyone can make it, you can.
Old Aug 17th 2003, 1:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

DianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to all
Default Re: Finally got here !

Welcome to Perth. That's probably my husband driving all over the place that you're referring to..White Car? P Plates? Yup thought so, if not it's Loopy...

Hope you find the baked beans

Diane
Old Aug 17th 2003, 2:23 pm
home again, home again

janeyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud of

Good Luck and welcome to Perth!
Old Aug 17th 2003, 10:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

karawara88 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hope you find the baked beans
Found the cheesecake shop all is well with the world.

Had the joy of circumnaviagting Perth today, could see where I wanted to go but couldnt get to it. !! Must get myself a big 4 x 4 as its become obvious they have right of way.

Went for a jolly upto Yanchep today for why I dont know, found myself getting bored looking around car, in glove box etc. Then realised why, speed limit 60ks = 37mph. Surley thats just for first gear What the hell are the rest of the gears for. ?

Right off for a stroll to Kings Park, its a tough life. Well it will be when I have to find work.

Anyone need any info just email.

Last edited by karawara88; Aug 17th 2003 at 10:43 pm.