Finally!!

Old Feb 17th 2005, 6:37 pm
Forum Regular

Yam Yam is on a distinguished road
Unhappy Finally!!

I have to tell someone, so here I am. Our visa was granted yesterday, I received the good news whilst driving home from work and very nearly killed myself celebrating. I was handsfree but the surprise and relief was such that I forgot I was driving.
Both me and my partner are over the moon as it has taken 16 months, but are we supposed to be feeling the way we are at the moment? I feel s**t scared and we share a distinct feeling of what the f**k do we do now. Excuse the language but we were not prepared. The thrill of the chase as it were has taken over our lives recently to the extent that we were becoming stressed with each other.
We have been researching a lot, but it is now real!! Family reactions were mixed as many had thought that we had given up due to the time frame, so that has confused things for my partner also.

I would appreciate some feedback from somebody.

Please!
Old Feb 17th 2005, 6:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

chr1sarter has a spectacular aura aboutchr1sarter has a spectacular aura aboutchr1sarter has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Finally!!

Fisrt of all, congratulations. 16 months is a long time. Secondly, your right, the reaction from family is always mixed, and will continue to be mixed until the day you leave. Some family members take it well at first and then badly towards the end, while others are the reverse.

We all spend so much time on getting the visa, and when it arrives you feel a little lost and wondering what you should do now.

We are just getting ourselves focused on the move. Selling the house and setting the date for the move.

Good luck
Old Feb 17th 2005, 6:58 pm
Forum Regular

Yam Yam is on a distinguished road

It feels like being on the edge of a cliff. Jump and take a chance that you land in water safe, or just do the easy thing and stay on the side and watch everybody else dive off and really enjoy it.
Old Feb 17th 2005, 8:19 pm

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Yam Yam
I have to tell someone, so here I am. Our visa was granted yesterday, I received the good news whilst driving home from work and very nearly killed myself celebrating. I was handsfree but the surprise and relief was such that I forgot I was driving.
Both me and my partner are over the moon as it has taken 16 months, but are we supposed to be feeling the way we are at the moment? I feel s**t scared and we share a distinct feeling of what the f**k do we do now. Excuse the language but we were not prepared. The thrill of the chase as it were has taken over our lives recently to the extent that we were becoming stressed with each other.
We have been researching a lot, but it is now real!! Family reactions were mixed as many had thought that we had given up due to the time frame, so that has confused things for my partner also.

Please!
Congrats on the visa.....and yes your feelings and emotions are perfectly normal.........me and hubby started at each other for about 10 mins then both shouted out....."*****in hell what have we done"

we had mixed feelings from family but by the time we went away they realised that it wasnt the end of the world, and that they would see us again....been here 7 months now...the MIL has bought a new puter and enrolled in classes so she can wrk it and has already mastered sendin foties...so she is loving it

Hang in there u have loads of emotions to go through yet
Old Feb 17th 2005, 10:58 pm
Tribu dei Chihuahua

squeezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Yam Yam

Please!
hi there and congrats-we took about 16 months too and yep after the initial Yee Haa! it suddenly felt wierd,I have questioned myself over and over again as to why we are doing this but just think about all your reasons why you have made the application in the beginning-seemed like a great idea at the time? then its still a great idea.To be honest its a rollercoaster, and now we're trying to sell the house its like, stress? one slice or two? But I'm sure its for the best for us,for the kids (7+9) in the end
go for it! and keep your sense of humour.....