Finally...

Old Apr 1st 2004, 7:46 pm

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by WBB
cheers simone, yes it is true we are only validating this time (month long holiday ) we move for good around this time next year.

even more reason to have a few

BTW simone, i accept your pic challenge
I know u will be thinking WTF is she on about.......but have u remembered to take out travel insurance.........so many people forget
Old Apr 1st 2004, 7:52 pm
Banned

Jack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by WBB
cheers simone, yes it is true we are only validating this time (month long holiday ) we move for good around this time next year.

even more reason to have a few

BTW simone, i accept your pic challenge
Keep the pix clean mate

Dont want to upset Flossie now do you?

ENJOY YOUSELVES
Old Apr 1st 2004, 7:54 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Billy, don't forget to bring my phone number!!!We will try and get the Dagyboys rounded up and all have a few together!!!
Old Apr 1st 2004, 8:05 pm
WBB

Originally posted by biggy
I know u will be thinking WTF is she on about.......but have u remembered to take out travel insurance.........so many people forget
WTF are you on about???

only joking, yipp we have travel insurance and a pretty good deal too, looked for a while like we might of used it as our oldest one got chicken pox last week, she is past the infectious stage now so we should be OK (fingers crossed)

polly, do i have your phone number?

we will defo be up for a few wet ones!

Old Apr 1st 2004, 8:39 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

You did have it on a pm a while ago....... have just sent it to you again!
See you soon I hope
Old Apr 1st 2004, 8:46 pm

Elaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud of

WBB,

Check on the state's rules for the driving theory test, I was going to do mine in SA on my validation trip but the "Drivers Handbook" seemed to say I would need to bring something to link me to my address in SA (eg utility bills etc) and I would have to hand in my overseas licence to get my Aussie licence.

I bought a car while over there but as I didn't have any utility bills (staying at my sister's) I had to get a letter from her to confirm my residence before they would let me do the rego.

Elaine M
Old Apr 1st 2004, 9:57 pm
I like kittens.

downunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to beholddownunderpom is a splendid one to behold

Cancel the milk and turn off the gas.

Sorry to be practical!!
Old Apr 1st 2004, 10:21 pm
Forum Regular

Scott&Berni is an unknown quantity at this point

WBB
We had to produce utility bills as well as our passport and local bank cards to get our NSW licence. They also hole punch your UK one when they issue the aussie one. You need to check that you will be ok to still drive in the uk with it when you get back. You get 3 months from when you validate so you may need to consider what you do if you can't get it this time.

I think it means going back to being a learner in australian terms.
Originally posted by Elaine M
WBB,

Check on the state's rules for the driving theory test, I was going to do mine in SA on my validation trip but the "Drivers Handbook" seemed to say I would need to bring something to link me to my address in SA (eg utility bills etc) and I would have to hand in my overseas licence to get my Aussie licence.

I bought a car while over there but as I didn't have any utility bills (staying at my sister's) I had to get a letter from her to confirm my residence before they would let me do the rego.

Elaine M
Old Apr 2nd 2004, 3:55 am
Live the moment

Pants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond repute

WBB

Just wanted to say have a great trip and hope it all goes well for you.!! BE NICE..when you are there !!lol

Cheers

Pants
Old Apr 2nd 2004, 8:58 am
BE Enthusiast

ScuntoBris will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by Scott&Berni
WBB
We had to produce utility bills as well as our passport and local bank cards to get our NSW licence. They also hole punch your UK one when they issue the aussie one. You need to check that you will be ok to still drive in the uk with it when you get back. You get 3 months from when you validate so you may need to consider what you do if you can't get it this time.

I think it means going back to being a learner in australian terms.
You will need to provide something with an Aus address on, but if you are hoping to open a bank account and you are putting down your friends/family address where you are stopping (????), then a letter/statement from the bank to that address would do.

They only photocopied our uk licences and then handed them back.
Old Apr 2nd 2004, 10:29 am
Forum Regular

debio is an unknown quantity at this point

You lucky WBB or do i mean SOB,

Have a fantastic time -glad the pox is on it's way out.Looking forward to all the piccies your gonna take.

God ,you seem to have a big agenda for a months visit-all the best and hope you get all the info you need.

Imagine how it'll feel to return to P.Toilet after a month down-under :scared:
Old Apr 2nd 2004, 10:45 am
Account Closed

ANA123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Just have a wonderful time . hope the forum doesnt come to a halt without you
Old Apr 2nd 2004, 10:59 am
WBB

cheers for the info guys, i will pop down to the test centre and see what they have to say.

i will have an address in aus, which will be the same place we will be staying when we return next year until we get our own house.

deb, i am not looking forward to seeing the steelworks on the horizon on my return.

:scared:

Old Apr 2nd 2004, 10:59 am
WBB

cheers for the info guys, i will pop down to the test centre and see what they have to say.

i will have an address in aus, which will be the same place we will be staying when we return next year until we get our own house.

deb, i am not looking forward to seeing the steelworks on the horizon on my return.

:scared: