Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

fifo dido tradies

fifo dido tradies

Old Dec 7th 2013, 8:28 pm
Forum Regular

pome bstrd is a glorious beacon of lightpome bstrd is a glorious beacon of lightpome bstrd is a glorious beacon of lightpome bstrd is a glorious beacon of lightpome bstrd is a glorious beacon of lightpome bstrd is a glorious beacon of lightpome bstrd is a glorious beacon of lightpome bstrd is a glorious beacon of lightpome bstrd is a glorious beacon of lightpome bstrd is a glorious beacon of lightpome bstrd is a glorious beacon of light
Default fifo dido tradies

hello everyone,firstly let me explain that i have worked out in the mines on and of for around 4 years now and im absolutely sick of the nepotism.the amount of people who get jobs out there because they are somebodys neighbor or drinking partner at the pub is ridiculous . so ive had enough. im trying to put together a network of expat tradesmen around the country to info share on jobs coming up, jobs there on and so on .yes i understand that we didnt come all this way to live next door to each other but were immigrants and last in the pecking order over these gonads who have no idea what there doing ,and i for one would rather see someone more qualified,experienced, deserving get the job. Any engineers or supervisors would be most welcome........................................... .What do you think?:
Old Dec 7th 2013, 10:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mike at Taree is a splendid one to beholdMike at Taree is a splendid one to beholdMike at Taree is a splendid one to beholdMike at Taree is a splendid one to beholdMike at Taree is a splendid one to beholdMike at Taree is a splendid one to beholdMike at Taree is a splendid one to beholdMike at Taree is a splendid one to beholdMike at Taree is a splendid one to beholdMike at Taree is a splendid one to beholdMike at Taree is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: fifo dido tradies

The Chinese community have been doing it for over a hundred years.
Old Dec 7th 2013, 11:31 pm
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pome bstrd
hello everyone,firstly let me explain that i have worked out in the mines on and of for around 4 years now and im absolutely sick of the nepotism.the amount of people who get jobs out there because they are somebodys neighbor or drinking partner at the pub is ridiculous . so ive had enough. im trying to put together a network of expat tradesmen around the country to info share on jobs coming up, jobs there on and so on .yes i understand that we didnt come all this way to live next door to each other but were immigrants and last in the pecking order over these gonads who have no idea what there doing ,and i for one would rather see someone more qualified,experienced, deserving get the job. Any engineers or supervisors would be most welcome........................................... .What do you think?:
Aren't you proposing to do exactly the same thing you are sick of others doing
Old Dec 7th 2013, 11:58 pm
Forum Regular

pome bstrd is a glorious beacon of lightpome bstrd is a glorious beacon of lightpome bstrd is a glorious beacon of lightpome bstrd is a glorious beacon of lightpome bstrd is a glorious beacon of lightpome bstrd is a glorious beacon of lightpome bstrd is a glorious beacon of lightpome bstrd is a glorious beacon of lightpome bstrd is a glorious beacon of lightpome bstrd is a glorious beacon of lightpome bstrd is a glorious beacon of light

No I'm proposing an information share to get qualified professional expats into work before someones nephew. I had a crew of 8 carpenters 6 six steel fixers. And concretors. In all of these men 9 had never worked in the industry before.the same men were paid the same as a tradie that had been doing the job for 15 yrs. Everyone else had to pull twice as hard to make up for the skill shortfall .most were Monday clubers too but heaven forbid anyone who new what they were doing throw a sick day.expats Are qualified faster and more dedicated to the task.not many Australians out on the rain at 1 o clock if the concretes coming at 2........ Nuff said
Old Dec 8th 2013, 12:14 am
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

No I'm proposing an information share to get qualified professional expats into work before someones nephew. I had a crew of 8 carpenters 6 six steel fixers. And concretors. In all of these men 9 had never worked in the industry before.the same men were paid the same as a tradie that had been doing the job for 15 yrs. Everyone else had to pull twice as hard to make up for the skill shortfall .most were Monday clubers too but heaven forbid anyone who new what they were doing throw a sick day.expats Are qualified faster and more dedicated to the task.not many Australians out on the rain at 1 o clock if the concretes coming at 2........ Nuff said
what skills are you after exactly? Might help is you say so that those blokes can send you their resume's
Old Dec 8th 2013, 12:56 am
Forum Regular

DeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to all

its true.. not what you know etc...
I'm in construction .. these last few mega projects.. and some of the numpties that are working here beggars belief..

One guy, who is a complete waste of time regularly drips that the job he does is s**t, he thinks its beneath him and yet i know that he is on $120,000 for sitting on his behind

I know people much more qualified and enthusiastic who would kill for that role
Old Dec 8th 2013, 1:07 am
Forum Regular

Once more ........ Any tradie from any construction discipline that flys in and out or would like to be part of a net work that would help get you one of these roles jump on this thread for info and contacts maybe your new to Australia and need advise....... This thread is not political let's keep it about the work and those that deserve it. Deep six chuuuur bro
Old Dec 8th 2013, 7:31 am
BE Forum Addict

Luma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond repute

I would have thought the dead wood/incompetentw would be gotten rid of now with the slowdown
Old Dec 8th 2013, 8:39 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

People giving their mates/brothers/bum chums jobs is done everywhere unfortunately - including the UK

Just look at banking/finance in the city, rail and O&G industries - it's rife
Old Dec 8th 2013, 10:13 am
Forum Regular

berserk is a glorious beacon of lightberserk is a glorious beacon of lightberserk is a glorious beacon of lightberserk is a glorious beacon of lightberserk is a glorious beacon of lightberserk is a glorious beacon of lightberserk is a glorious beacon of lightberserk is a glorious beacon of lightberserk is a glorious beacon of lightberserk is a glorious beacon of lightberserk is a glorious beacon of light

haha i thought this thread was abut this guy:

Old Dec 8th 2013, 1:55 pm
Forum Regular

DeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to allDeepSix is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Luma
I would have thought the dead wood/incompetentw would be gotten rid of now with the slowdown
to a certain extent this is true, but there is still a disappointing quantity of pillocks..

There are a lot of people who got into resources because of the boom and the need for bodies.. and with the down turn.. some of these people who were not very good or didnt build good networks ( a fancy way of say.. jobs for the boys), they will drop out. Now it remains to be seen if the survivors are necessarily the best for the job or just have better networks

I count myself as part of this process as i moved into the resource side only 2.5 yrs ago.. and probably have 6 to 12 months left on my current project. It remains to be seen for me whether 3 - 3.5 yrs of direct resource exposure will be sufficient to make it through the down turn.

ah well... no point worrying about things you cant change. i take the OP idea as an excellent one, that it is better to build up a network of people who are competent and not just give them a job cos its yer mate "Dave"
Old Dec 8th 2013, 8:24 pm
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

GarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond repute

Can I suggest you look at creating a Linkedin group, say something like "ExpatTradies" and use that to manage things, etc. ? It would be better than trying to make it work via email and excel and linkedin as a site is already setup for the professional recruitment type activities.
Old Dec 11th 2013, 10:07 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sonlymewalter
what skills are you after exactly? Might help is you say so that those blokes can send you their resume's
tut tut - bit sexist isn't it
Old Dec 11th 2013, 10:10 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sonlymewalter
Their resume's what? Is that the possessive or a contraction?

Tut tut! The level of grammar around here.
Old Dec 12th 2013, 11:09 am
Forum Regular

berserk is a glorious beacon of lightberserk is a glorious beacon of lightberserk is a glorious beacon of lightberserk is a glorious beacon of lightberserk is a glorious beacon of lightberserk is a glorious beacon of lightberserk is a glorious beacon of lightberserk is a glorious beacon of lightberserk is a glorious beacon of lightberserk is a glorious beacon of lightberserk is a glorious beacon of light

for some reason my eyes were tricked into reading the title of the thread as "fido dildo tradies".

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.