fifo dido tradies

fifo dido tradies

Old Feb 12th 2014, 11:57 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat098 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: fifo dido tradies

Originally Posted by pome bstrd
iya steve
welcome , any news on the roy hill job? rail, excavation construction ect i know its only just kicking off but wanted to keep my finger on the pulse and as your on that side.... well. im working in Darwin on the icthyis gas project.
Darwins hot but a great little city!
I know they've started the earthworks, Ansaldo got the contract for the signalling work, and John Hollands are doing the rail. There seems to be afew rumblings at the moment, rumours of budget blowouts already, but not heard anything official. Will keep you posted.
Old Feb 13th 2014, 2:21 am
?????????

paulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of light

hello Paul
yeah i applied for that job .... man what an application plus all the chevron stuff...lol you didn't have to be a brain surgeon....... but it helped lol... great to have a plumber on-board
Lol not a Plumber anymore, Sparkie now, working FIFO Gladstone,
But I'm definitely on board
Old Feb 13th 2014, 2:28 am
on the Goldie

thewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond reputethewoodz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paulf
Lol not a Plumber anymore, Sparkie now, working FIFO Gladstone,
But I'm definitely on board
Hubbies on that too, it's hard but doesn't seem much round here at the moment
Old Feb 13th 2014, 4:11 am
Forum Regular

AJCS is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by stevenglish1
Ayup ladies and Gents, I've been in Oz for 6 years, FIFO to Karratha and surrounds for Rio for the last 2 of those. I'm in the rail game, so if there's anyone need any pointers let me know. Also if there's anyone to give me some pointers they'd be gratefully received.
Hi my OH was doing FIFO but recently back doing maintenance and refurbs on trains for Downer in the City. Has also worked for Alstom, and for some UK rail companies as well, whats the best company to get in touch with for Fifo as a spark on rail?
Old Feb 13th 2014, 5:38 am
Just Joined

Paul2485 is an unknown quantity at this point

hello everyone,firstly let me explain that i have worked out in the mines on and of for around 4 years now and im absolutely sick of the nepotism.the amount of people who get jobs out there because they are somebodys neighbor or drinking partner at the pub is ridiculous . so ive had enough. im trying to put together a network of expat tradesmen around the country to info share on jobs coming up, jobs there on and so on .yes i understand that we didnt come all this way to live next door to each other but were immigrants and last in the pecking order over these gonads who have no idea what there doing ,and i for one would rather see someone more qualified,experienced, deserving get the job. Any engineers or supervisors would be most welcome........................................... .What do you think?:
Hi,<snip> time we stuck together!
I'm a sparky by the way,got the licenses and all that,I know a few useful lads might be of some use/help!

Last edited by old.sparkles; Feb 13th 2014 at 5:41 am. Reason: remove email address - not a good idea
Old Feb 13th 2014, 7:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

Molly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond repute

hello molly and the rest of you buggers ,
well..................just got back and im knackered......great that you've all embraced the idea of networking however it seems there are more questions than answers so if there are any brickies and plumbers who are in oz that can lend a hand with work coming up please feel free to post ..... cheers lads.
molly.... hello love ,so hub does some tunneling .i worked on the clem 7 tunnel here in bris and the airport link. if by robot you mean tunnel boring machine (tbm) this is specialized and only used in tunnels if he can drive a road header he should be right for coal ect . bare in mind a lot of coal is surface equally iron ore . tickets .... white safety card is nationally recognized $80 and half an hour on line...blue dog training are good. qualifications are handy but trust me you just know when another man has worked underground .i find that dog-man or banks-man tickets with working at height ,cherry picker ,bobcat,excavator ,machinery tickets all help with the application .so when you're not doing one job you can do another.
Try thiess and john holland for civil structure work, workpac are there labour hire providers. leightons construction ect. .... advice, adapt overcome improvise diversify.........

Oh reet pome!

Nice to meet you at last.

I've done 204 posts whilst waiting for you to return, I thought you'd done one.
Some shift that must be, no wonder you're knackered

That's excellent info you have supplied us with there, thanks very much.

Yes he is on the TBM but also another smaller robot, not sure what that's called, there's a few different ones isn't there.

He's working for Crossrail in London at the moment and they are crying out for men with his skills/ your skills - they are earning silly money + bonus so it's a bit of a bad time for him to leave that job I suppose but we really don't have much choice as we have had the visa a while, so I guess its kind of now or never.

Do you know what state if any is the most likely to have the most work going on that use my husbands skills?

We do like Brisbane, but I actually don't really mind where we go to be honest, well I wasn't too keen on Sydney but if we have to go there, then that's the way it is. We will just follow the work.

I shall pass this info onto him and I'm sure he will have some questions for you if that's OK?

Speak to you soon.

Last edited by Molly Coddle; Feb 13th 2014 at 7:26 pm.
Old Feb 16th 2014, 1:14 am
Forum Regular

pome bstrd is a glorious beacon of lightpome bstrd is a glorious beacon of lightpome bstrd is a glorious beacon of lightpome bstrd is a glorious beacon of lightpome bstrd is a glorious beacon of lightpome bstrd is a glorious beacon of lightpome bstrd is a glorious beacon of lightpome bstrd is a glorious beacon of lightpome bstrd is a glorious beacon of lightpome bstrd is a glorious beacon of lightpome bstrd is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Molly Coddle
Oh reet pome!

Nice to meet you at last.

I've done 204 posts whilst waiting for you to return, I thought you'd done one.
Some shift that must be, no wonder you're knackered

That's excellent info you have supplied us with there, thanks very much.

Yes he is on the TBM but also another smaller robot, not sure what that's called, there's a few different ones isn't there.

He's working for Crossrail in London at the moment and they are crying out for men with his skills/ your skills - they are earning silly money + bonus so it's a bit of a bad time for him to leave that job I suppose but we really don't have much choice as we have had the visa a while, so I guess its kind of now or never.

Do you know what state if any is the most likely to have the most work going on that use my husbands skills?

We do like Brisbane, but I actually don't really mind where we go to be honest, well I wasn't too keen on Sydney but if we have to go there, then that's the way it is. We will just follow the work.

I shall pass this info onto him and I'm sure he will have some questions for you if that's OK?

Speak to you soon.

the next tunnel is in Sydney then i think there's one going in, in Brisbane for the rail ....... Google them both its all there. pricey place to live Sydney id rent for a year first to see if you like it all . being in the mining game i can live where i want , the company fly's me in and out and provides meals and accommodation.This being the case i left it to the Mrs to find us somewhere nice ..... she opted for north lakes with the rest of the pomes and on my week off i drive up the sunny coast as often as i can . her and the kids have put roots down now so its hard to move them to the coast.
tell the old bollocks to send any questions he likes ... hell only get the truth i promise .... the doors open and the kettles on kid.
Old Feb 16th 2014, 1:17 am
Forum Regular

pome bstrd is a glorious beacon of lightpome bstrd is a glorious beacon of lightpome bstrd is a glorious beacon of lightpome bstrd is a glorious beacon of lightpome bstrd is a glorious beacon of lightpome bstrd is a glorious beacon of lightpome bstrd is a glorious beacon of lightpome bstrd is a glorious beacon of lightpome bstrd is a glorious beacon of lightpome bstrd is a glorious beacon of lightpome bstrd is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Paul2485
Hi,<snip> time we stuck together!
I'm a sparky by the way,got the licenses and all that,I know a few useful lads might be of some use/help!
welcome paul,
tell the boys to apply to the icthyis project Darwin sparkies needed later on this year bud get the lads up there!
Old Feb 16th 2014, 9:07 pm
Forum Regular

hey molly found this this morning love.

www.tmr.qld.gov.au/ubat new tunnel info
Old Feb 17th 2014, 10:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Molly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond reputeMolly Coddle has a reputation beyond repute

hey molly found this this morning love.

www.tmr.qld.gov.au/ubat new tunnel info

Thanks pome, sorry For the late reply I've been away for the weekend.

I'll show the husband, cheers!
Old Feb 17th 2014, 10:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

the next tunnel is in Sydney then i think there's one going in, in Brisbane for the rail ....... Google them both its all there. pricey place to live Sydney id rent for a year first to see if you like it all . being in the mining game i can live where i want , the company fly's me in and out and provides meals and accommodation.This being the case i left it to the Mrs to find us somewhere nice ..... she opted for north lakes with the rest of the pomes and on my week off i drive up the sunny coast as often as i can . her and the kids have put roots down now so its hard to move them to the coast.
tell the old bollocks to send any questions he likes ... hell only get the truth i promise .... the doors open and the kettles on kid.
Yeah we are definitely going to rent.

How does it work for you being away? Does your wife cope OK, or does she wish that you were at home permanently?

My husband has always worked away, and I'm finding hard now my lads are teens. I think if I had girls it would be a lot easier.
Old Feb 17th 2014, 10:27 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Molly Coddle
Yeah we are definitely going to rent.

How does it work for you being away? Does your wife cope OK, or does she wish that you were at home permanently?

My husband has always worked away, and I'm finding hard now my lads are teens. I think if I had girls it would be a lot easier.
From my experience teen girls are not easier than teen boys just different headaches
Old Feb 18th 2014, 1:04 am
Forum Regular

theres a web site or something she gets on , loads of women whos husbands work away mines, international construction ect... there probably a bit more earthy than you might be used to but theve lived in some earthy places.
at the end of the day you will be lonely if you dont try to immerse yourself. yep things are different , but isnt that why we came here?
How does she cope ..........mmmmm... my question would be how would she cope with me for more than a week?!! seven lots of undercrackers to wash 48 empties, two lots of Indian takeaway, loud music ( lorde at the minute) and having to run away from a sex maniac as soon as the kids are out!!....
But thats why we married you girls , cos your special that way xxx ... god bless ya
Old Feb 18th 2014, 6:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

How does she cope ..........mmmmm... my question would be how would she cope with me for more than a week?!! seven lots of undercrackers to wash 48 empties, two lots of Indian takeaway, loud music ( lorde at the minute) and having to run away from a sex maniac as soon as the kids are out!!....
But thats why we married you girls , cos your special that way xxx ... god bless ya
funny post pome!

I'll be honest with you, personally I don't want my husband working away any more, the novelty factor has worn off, and even though at first he drives me bonkers when he's home for a lengthy period, eventually we get used to living together again and life is much easier for me as he takes over and shares the parenting job too, which is great!

However........... We have a bit of an update, the husband works with an Aussie who he gets on well with and for the first time last week he told the Aussie that we are moving to Australia.( no one knows yet at my husbands work, only close mates )
So the Aussie said to him ' I can get you a job in the mines" the Aussie has good contacts apparently, he's an inspector and has worked all over the world, again I say apparently as I don't know him personally this is just what he's told the husband.

My husband told him that I wasn't keen on him working in the mines as I wanted him to be home, he said to my husband that we could live near the mines, in a mining town/ village whatever it is. Now at this present time I haven't a clue which mine or where but I just wondered what these mining villages, towns are like to live in,have you any idea?

Also this Aussie said to my husband, 'your name means everything out there' and I've only ever got one person a job before, so don't let me down and leave after 3 months. He said to my husband, it's tough and that he will have to work hard, but he'll earn serious money..... So, we have a lot to think about I suppose ....

Any input or ideas off anyone would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Old Feb 18th 2014, 6:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
From my experience teen girls are not easier than teen boys just different headaches

I'll quite happily swap headaches with you sparkles