Reload this Page >

Fiance Visa Question Please help

Fiance Visa Question Please help

Old Jul 3rd 2002, 4:14 am
Just Joined

Mitchell is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Fiance Visa Question Please help

Hi there,
As far as I understand it, if my fiance applies for a fiance visa from her home country (UK) she is then eligible to apply for a multi-entry holiday visa and immediately travel to Australia providing she has a return ticket as proof of her ability to leave Australia to claim her fiance visa if and when approved.................can someone confirm this for me please, I'm starting to confuse myself.
Old Jul 3rd 2002, 11:00 pm
Forum Regular

Moo30 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Fiance Visa Question Please help

My fiance and I have just gone through the process of applying in London. He's English and planning to settle in Australia with me. We applied late May expecting up to 6 month wait as quoted on the AHC website, however received notification 3 weeks later that they are ready to grant the visa and to send in passports next month.

I know nothing about being eligible for a multi-entry holiday visa after applying, however we didn't look into holiday visas as you aren't entitled to work rights and my finace had already used the Working Holiday option in Australia. The fiance visa does state that you must apply outside of Australia and be outside of Australia when its granted, but you can travel to Australia in the interim but the AHC must be notified. I think you may need to get some advise from the AHC or a migration agent before your fiance travels to Australia to wait for the visa ... just in case! You don't want anything to hold up processing of your visa.

As far as the application is concerned. I think ours being processed so quickly is a combination of luck and a well-prepared application. We included lots of evidence of our relationship, Statutory Declarations from family/friends/employers, photos, letters/cards etc., and we front loaded our application with medicals and police checks. We presented it in a lever-arch folder, fully indexed.

Good luck!