Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Fiance visa approval in 3 weeks

Fiance visa approval in 3 weeks

Old Jul 3rd 2002, 11:14 pm
Forum Regular

Moo30 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Fiance visa approval in 3 weeks

Well I guess it pays to submit a well-presented and fully complete application ... that and a little bit of luck I think! My fiance submitted our application in the UK end of May after waiting weeks for UK police checks and medicals to come back. Looks like the gamble of front loading in our case has paid off. We presented a complete application in a fully indexed lever-arch folder full of photos, cards/letters, Statutory Declarations from both families/friends/employers, plus details of wedding plans etc. etc. Anthing we thought was relevant and could make the job of the person assessing the details easier.

3 weeks later we received a letter saying that AHC were ready to grant the visa and to supply passport by a certain date. We were obviously blown away given that we were resigned to a 6 month wait as stated on the AHC web-site. I guess that 6 month time-frame must be worse case scenario, when they have to chase additional info and wait for medicals/police checks to come back.

We're stunned that it came through so quickly and now the next few months can be spent planning my fiance's move out here instead of waiting for the post!

Thanks for all the advice I've received from this forum and good luck to all those still waiting or about to apply.