Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

fencing any ideas

Wikiposts

fencing any ideas

Old Jun 26th 2007, 4:36 am
Here at last!

OzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: fencing any ideas

Originally Posted by aston man
jeez we had two quotes for a fence this week...

one of those colour bond ones...which aparently are the cheapest..

flippin hell its going to cost me $8000 bucks,jeez i had a bleedin heart attack...

any ideas.

aston ..

thank you
DIY?
Old Jun 26th 2007, 4:39 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by FluffyTheCampfireSlayer
T'is the same with laying kerbstones. We use a lean (or dry mix), a wet mix just does NOT work! You end up with something resembling Coronation Street!
Its a nightmare getting it all upright with a wet mix, and you end up having to brace the post and going back a week later to finish the job off.

I lost a job last year to someone else to lay a small patio, had a call from the client a couple of months ago to ask if I could go and sort it out.

You should have seen it, one inch B&Q slabs on a central dollop of pug. all the edges had broken off and the couple of inches of hardcore could be lifted with the slabs!!
Old Jun 26th 2007, 4:50 am

FluffyTheCampfireSlayer is an unknown quantity at this point

jeez we had two quotes for a fence this week...

one of those colour bond ones...which aparently are the cheapest..

flippin hell its going to cost me $8000 bucks,jeez i had a bleedin heart attack...

any ideas.

aston ..

thank you
Mate, your a Brickie, a 'supposedly' handy man! If you can't build a garden fence on yer own, what can you do?

It's not difficult. I'm not 'overly' skilled in these things but built a beaut around the out laws garden (still waiting for the bloody thank you) last year!

If you can work with muck and a level, she'll be reet!
Old Jun 26th 2007, 1:51 pm
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

I've done a fair bit of fencing in my time, and wouldn't *touch* wet concrete! Setting each post upright and packing with dry concrete is the only way to do it unless you are going to spend hours securing each one while it sets.

The '87 "hurricane" blew down half a fence we'd put in a week or two before - but each concrete post snapped off at ground level: the bases were solid as - well, concrete!
Old Jun 26th 2007, 3:12 pm

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

You lot must make your mix pretty sloppy.
Old Jun 26th 2007, 3:29 pm
I need a beer.....

snappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to beholdsnappy is a splendid one to behold

D...ive searched this bleedin internet for hours i cant find any suppliers..

ast
Go onto this website for Bluescope steel - even gives you instructions on how to install a fence but more importantly go to the tools and resources tab at the top and you will find a supplier locator option.

http://www.bluescopesteel.com.au/go/...l-fence-part-1

If you have no joy look up any steel manufacturers in the yellow pages or most places like Mitre 10, Bunnings, Dale and Meyers, etc all stock Colorbond materials.
Old Jun 26th 2007, 3:34 pm
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by biggy
There is a dividing fences law....your neighbours must cough up for half of a 'normal' fence....if you want something flash then they only need to pay a contribution towards it(ie the cost of a timber fence)
One of those "laws" that are not really enforcable by law. Up to the individual if they want to contribute or if the person who wants the fence up (if it is a replacement fence) asks them to contribute. I have seen a situation where a person was not asked to contribute to the costs of either the material or installation of new fences by neighbours.

Last edited by The Bloke; Jun 26th 2007 at 3:37 pm.
Old Jun 26th 2007, 5:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Streaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond reputeStreaks has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there,
Sorry to butt in your thread Aston but does anyone know of any 'cheap' pool fencing companies in the Perth area? we are Rockingham way.
Thanks
S xx