Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Fees for using Ozforex/HIFX and the like?

Fees for using Ozforex/HIFX and the like?

Old Apr 15th 2009, 2:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

cookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to all
Default Fees for using Ozforex/HIFX and the like?

We've been doing a spreadsheet with our expected costs for the move when the visa eventually comes through, and I suddenly realised that I have no idea how much companies like Ozfroex and HIFX charge for their services. Would anyone have any idea? Is it a percentage of the amount you're transferring or is it charged differently?
Old Apr 15th 2009, 11:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

James516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud of
Default Re: Fees for using Ozforex/HIFX and the like?

Originally Posted by cookiestar
We've been doing a spreadsheet with our expected costs for the move when the visa eventually comes through, and I suddenly realised that I have no idea how much companies like Ozfroex and HIFX charge for their services. Would anyone have any idea? Is it a percentage of the amount you're transferring or is it charged differently?
From memory OzForex didn't charge anything. They make their money on the buy/sell spread.
Old Apr 15th 2009, 11:25 pm
Ping pong PoM

alipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond repute

HiFx don't charge for their services either. There is a minimum amount they'll change for you though (£5000 the last time I did it)
Old Apr 16th 2009, 10:25 am
BE Enthusiast

cookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to all

Well, that's good news. I thought that there would be a charge.

Now to figure out how the process works and which company to use.

Thanks!
Old Apr 16th 2009, 1:15 pm
Forum Regular

jo n craig is a jewel in the roughjo n craig is a jewel in the roughjo n craig is a jewel in the roughjo n craig is a jewel in the rough

Does anyone recommend a particular one - any good / bad reviews???

We're just deciding who to use. Spoke to a very nice man from FC Exchange yesterday - has anyone used them?

Jo x
Old Apr 16th 2009, 1:27 pm
Just Joined

Benan is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jo n craig

We're just deciding who to use. Spoke to a very nice man from FC Exchange yesterday - has anyone used them?

Jo x
Hi Jo,

after looking around and speaking to all the companies, i registered with rationalfx, from what i can gather, they may be a smaller company than the likes of hifx and currencies direct, but due to that, i got a great rate on euros and the bloke i dealt with was good to talk to, helpful and didnt pressure me at all to deal with them. seemed to be the only company i spoke to that actually wanted to help me get more for my pounds and give a quick efficient helpful service. got a much better rate than i expected, was set up within half hour and funds hit my spanish account same day! more than happy to give you the guys details

Ben
Old Apr 16th 2009, 1:28 pm
Just Joined

Benan is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jo n craig

Jo x
also think that another member on this forum has used them and he also posted a good review...