Reload this Page >

Feeling rather down...

Feeling rather down...

Old Feb 26th 2004, 1:37 am
jat
BE Enthusiast

jat is an unknown quantity at this point

hi hup

im in st kilda... been here 4 years - its a great city and iv loved it though you get to the point where you weigh everything up and think about where you want to be.....

it was a hard decision..... but i have to do it!
Old Feb 26th 2004, 2:21 am
Forum Regular

SmilerJen is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Feeling rather down...

Originally posted by PeteY
Anyone else homesick?

All this talk about spring, combined with this morning chatting to a few mates, my mum and reading an email with loads of photos attached (from mum and dad), has left me feeling a bit grey.

Sure....the sun is shining, its 10am and its 26, there is a boat on the lawn and i am going camping again this weekend....

BUT!!

I want to share it with my parents, i want to have a beer with my mates, i want a have some wine and a laff with the sister.

The folks went to Brussels at the weekend with the neighbours, normally we would have gone with them too...sent back lots of pics of them trying local beers (yes...i like beer ok? ). I want to be in those pics!!!!!!

Does it get any easier??

just reading your post, i live in Canada, but it is the same for us, we miss our family and friends, we have been here for just over a year and we are trying to meet new friends and everything, but they will never replace those mates that you have grown up with and shared that something special with.
It does get better though after a time, just remember why you moved to Aus in the first place and all the things that you have probably done already that you wouldn't have done if you were in the UK it's not easy, but it just shows that you are human and you value greatly your friendships and family.
They will visit you and that time that you have with them will be quality time and you will appreciate them even more, just try and keep in touch with them whether it be by phone or e-mail, that way you don't lose contact.
I really miss my friends like crazy, but i know wherever i am in this world they support me in whatever i do and i know that they are always at the end of the phone if i need a chat!!!!
Those sort of friends will never be replaced but you can gain new friends in new places you just have to reach out and you will find them!!!

taking the plunge and leaving is not easy but try and enjoy what you have done. It takes a brave person to get up and leave everything that they know and leave to go somewhere unknown.
I'm proud of you!!
take care
Smiler
Old Feb 26th 2004, 8:00 am
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Feeling rather down...

Originally posted by PeteY
Anyone else homesick?

All this talk about spring,............. has left me feeling a bit grey.
Sorry PeteY
Didn't mean to rub it in....
hope you feel perkier soon
Larissa
Old Feb 26th 2004, 12:51 pm
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

Crocus, daffs, tulips, probably late snowdrops for all I know coming up when we get back!!!

Something to be said for several spring/summers in a row, old beans.

Heh heh!
Old Feb 26th 2004, 1:55 pm
Monaco here we!!! oh no

ADELAIDE BOUND is an unknown quantity at this point

Just reading threw the posts and would like to add that I have lived in London for going on 20 years now and Im originally from Liverpool and I still feel homesick I go home and thats when the bubble bursts still love all my family and friends from school and you always feel like your missing out on something but could never live there again I suppose this will stand me in good stead for when we get to Oz.

good luck

Donna

Ps the Daffs may be appearing but its still bloody freezing........................