Wikiposts

fed up with uk

Old Apr 17th 2005, 8:13 am
Account Closed

Paul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to all
Default Re: fed up with uk

Originally Posted by Merlot
OK, thinking aloud, as most of the Forum en-mass are off to Oz.

We all have relatives, family & friends we love left over here (UK), is the attitude the right one to run and not look back?

How about when you get to Oz, things don't go to plan and you want to return "home" - what happens then.

No arguing here, just wondering how it will all end?

M
Personally if Oz don't work out, I'll not return to the UK.

maybe give Turkmenistan a go ?!
Old Apr 17th 2005, 8:16 am
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ben wanting brisbane life
Personally i hate UK too, but really u should be going cos u want OZ not cos u hate UK. at least that way you wont have any expectaionsof OZ when u get there
Good point. I liked the words someone used the other day, something like "go for the pull factors, not the push".

I do worry about some of the people who hate certain things in the UK but seemingly don't expect a lot of the same problems in Oz.
Old Apr 17th 2005, 8:17 am
NEO LIVES

CORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Jim2004

Yes I agree with that 100%...If its not going to be Aus. for us then there's 169 or so other countrys out there that will....(not including UK)
CORKER
Born to be wild....

Brisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond repute

Your choice Jim but i have little uns so must think of their best interests first. stability is of paramount improtance to them, NZ or Taz WOULD PROBABLY RANK HIGH 2nd and 3rd before i consider coming back to UK
Merlot

Originally Posted by wmoore
I know what you're saying. I don't hate life in Britain as it goes. Not saying it's perfect but I get along OK with it. Either I'm lucky not to have some of the problems others have thrust upon me, or I just plain old don't see it.

Anyway, when people are quizzing me about my plans, I never say "it's because Britain has gone to the dogs" or whatever. And part of me thinks like you Merlot: what happens if for whatever reason we come back here? I would have to face all those people who I told Britain was crap and then tell them I didn't like Oz so I came back to it!
This is my sentiment, not saying that those who feel strongly should not voice it, just that I have learned that you should never burn bridges as you never know what is around the corner.

Week in week out we read on the "Return to UK" pages heart breaking stories of those who had great dreams and they are just not happening in Australia, the homesickness, inability to find suitable employment, education, whatever, etc.

The UK has its downs but being lucky enough to live in Oz for 7 years, Hong Kong for a year and Israel for 6 months, you get to see that every place has its crap.

M

Old Apr 17th 2005, 8:19 am
Merlot

Personally i hate UK too, but really u should be going cos u want OZ not cos u hate UK. at least that way you wont have any expectaionsof OZ when u get there
Just getting it all in perspective, thats the way to go, so minimises any disappointments.

M

Old Apr 17th 2005, 8:19 am
Account Closed

Paul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to all

Good point. I liked the words someone used the other day, something like "go for the pull factors, not the push".

I do worry about some of the people who hate certain things in the UK but seemingly don't expect a lot of the same problems in Oz.
Yeah I like those words too

As to the other comment, weather is such a big factor for me and my family so I don't think an arguement can be put up on that one!
Old Apr 17th 2005, 8:20 am
Merlot

They do nice coffee there

Old Apr 17th 2005, 8:20 am
Born to be wild....

Brisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond reputeBrisben has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Merlot
This is my sentiment, not saying that those who feel strongly should not voice it, just that I have learned that you should never burn bridges as you never know what is around the corner.

Week in week out we read on the "Return to UK" pages heart breaking stories of those who had great dreams and they are just not happening in Australia, the homesickness, inability to find suitable employment, education, whatever, etc.

The UK has its downs but being lucky enough to live in Oz for 7 years, Hong Kong for a year and Israel for 6 months, you get to see that every place has its crap.

M
Exactly my point Merlot. Hold no expectations and there will be no dissapointment, at least then i can make a well informed judgement on what is best for my family and me.
Old Apr 17th 2005, 8:21 am
Account Closed

Your choice Jim but i have little uns so must think of their best interests first. stability is of paramount improtance to them, NZ or Taz WOULD PROBABLY RANK HIGH 2nd and 3rd before i consider coming back to UK
I have 2 teenagers, and believe me, THEIR best interest is as much part of it as anything else!
Old Apr 17th 2005, 8:22 am
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah I like those words too

As to the other comment, weather is such a big factor for me and my family so I don't think an arguement can be put up on that one!
Weather is probably a big factor for a lot of people wanting to go to Oz. There's no doubt that the ability to get out more without packing wellies and a brolly is a pull.
Old Apr 17th 2005, 8:24 am
NEO LIVES

CORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of lightCORKER is a glorious beacon of light
Smile Re: fed up with uk

Exactly my point Merlot. Hold no expectations and there will be no dissapointment, at least then i can make a well informed judgement on what is best for my family and me.
We just want something different.... a new adventure for us as a family before its all too late...
CORKER
Old Apr 17th 2005, 8:26 am
Account Closed

if you just see that post, sorry, was sposed to be a new thread!

bloody Auntie Stella is off already! ...lol
Born to be wild....

Weather is probably a big factor for a lot of people wanting to go to Oz. There's no doubt that the ability to get out more without packing wellies and a brolly is a pull.
Sure JIM but at least UK IS better than some places, it is stable, education is good, i am sure there are other positive points, although i wil have to think long and hard before i can come up with any
Merlot

I have to say in the last 12 months here in the UK I have noticed BIG changes, not all great ones and the old green grass and village Bobbies have gone forever.

The thing is I have been blinded or ignored them as my priorities are my family and friends, anything else is a minor player.

This makes me realise the big thing on motives, these were the reasons for me coming back and staying.

I guess this is why many out on the Forum are moving, they have their own personal motives and needs. We are not always going to have the same.

I just wish everyone well on their own journey but don't burn your bridges, always keep an ace up the sleeve just in case.

M

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.