Fed Ex

Old May 7th 2007, 9:23 pm

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute
Default Fed Ex

Has anyone used them to send stuff from Oz to UK before?

OH just sent me a dijiridoo and I have a bill for £58 tax, I think this is a bit of a rip off but they only give an automated reply to a query and warn you that if you dispute it they will charge you $30!!
Old May 7th 2007, 9:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

kezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud of
Default Re: Fed Ex

Originally Posted by asher
Has anyone used them to send stuff from Oz to UK before?

OH just sent me a dijiridoo and I have a bill for £58 tax, I think this is a bit of a rip off but they only give an automated reply to a query and warn you that if you dispute it they will charge you $30!!
How Rude!!!!!!!!!!!
Old May 7th 2007, 9:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

kezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud of

Just told oh, he said that you have to put GIFT on the package then they don't charge tax. That is what happens when friends buy car parts from america any ways might be the same in oz.
Old May 7th 2007, 9:43 pm

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kezzabird
Just told oh, he said that you have to put GIFT on the package then they don't charge tax. That is what happens when friends buy car parts from america any ways might be the same in oz.
trouble is it was the shop that sent it
Old May 7th 2007, 9:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

daunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond repute

Asher we had the same problem a couple of years ago when my brother sent some diving regs over for my son. i got home to a card saying they had tried to deliver a parcel and that i owed over £200 - thought it was a misprint but unfortunately it wasnt
After a quick phone call to my brother to find out the actual contents of the package we decided to pay and accept the goods as it was a good deal. Thankfully my son had been saving and had the money - i would have just refused delivery but then again im tight
Old May 7th 2007, 9:56 pm

Originally Posted by daunted
Asher we had the same problem a couple of years ago when my brother sent some diving regs over for my son. i got home to a card saying they had tried to deliver a parcel and that i owed over £200 - thought it was a misprint but unfortunately it wasnt
After a quick phone call to my brother to find out the actual contents of the package we decided to pay and accept the goods as it was a good deal. Thankfully my son had been saving and had the money - i would have just refused delivery but then again im tight
they say it is VAT but at 17.5% should only be £29 not £58!! and they dont show how they work out the tax!!

I am not happy

you think when you pay for a gift and the postage that that is it or you will at least be told there is a vat charge! blinkin thing cost £150 turning out to be V expensive
Old May 7th 2007, 10:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

daunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond repute

they say it is VAT but at 17.5% should only be £29 not £58!! and they dont show how they work out the tax!!

I am not happy

you think when you pay for a gift and the postage that that is it or you will at least be told there is a vat charge! blinkin thing cost £150 turning out to be V expensive
I know what you are saying.
I even rang customs and exise i was that disbelieving about it. Cant remember the exact names now, as it was long ago, but was along the lines of import tax. reckons we were unlucky ones for a spot check
Old May 7th 2007, 10:20 pm

I know what you are saying.
I even rang customs and exise i was that disbelieving about it. Cant remember the exact names now, as it was long ago, but was along the lines of import tax. reckons we were unlucky ones for a spot check
no this is fed ex invoice didnt have to pay on delivery
Old May 7th 2007, 10:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

no this is fed ex invoice didnt have to pay on delivery
no idea then - sorry
x
Old May 7th 2007, 10:30 pm

no idea then - sorry
x
probably a rip off!!
Old May 8th 2007, 9:02 am
Banned

GinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond repute

probably a rip off!!
No, sadly, probably not a rip off, but customs duty etc

I haven't had stuff sent from Oz yet, but plenty of experience of stuff sent from the US and Canada (CDs, books, small bits of electronical equipment). Sometimes I get an invoice from the carrier a few days later, sometimes not.

I think it depends on how UK Customs & Excise feel on the day. If they charge the carrier customs duty then the carrier will (rightly) pass that on to you. If customs let your parcel in "for free", then you've been lucky.

You can try and argue with customs: google for their website and check why they would have charged duties for your didgeridoo - then try and argue with them. You will still have to pay the carrier, but if you're REALLY lucky, customs may pay you back ......... Oh! Look! There is a pig flying by!

Gina