Other - please state
36.47%
Voters: 85. You may not vote on this poll

Favorite Aussie Animal

Old Mar 29th 2005, 7:33 am

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Favorite Aussie Animal

Originally Posted by Larissa
Here's a Bilby pic and a link to info about them, apparently they are endangered. I didn't know they were bandicoots.
http://australian-animals.net/bilby.htm
ooo one of the cutest things i've ever seen though unfortunatly not in real life, yes they are endangered
Old Mar 29th 2005, 7:46 am
BE Forum Addict

Sue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond repute

Just voted Dolphin..cant wait for me and my daughter to swim with them she also loves them

Sue x
Old Mar 29th 2005, 11:21 am
BE Forum Addict

Shellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of light

I have fallen in love with wallabies, the most beautiful and gentle little creatures course, I had to be careful what I said when sharing the news of my new found love, particularly my dad, "I said wallabies dad, not THE Wallabies"
Old Mar 29th 2005, 11:43 am

gedge has disabled reputation

The kookaburra is king.
Take a look at these three tenors.
Kookaburra sits in the old gum tree,
Merry, merry king of the bush is he,
Laugh, Kookaburra, Laugh, Kookaburra,
Gay your life must be.
Ha Ha.

Though the galah should get a flaming mention!
Old Mar 29th 2005, 11:59 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JulesandChris
The kookaburra is king.
Take a look at these three tenors.
Kookaburra sits in the old gum tree,
Merry, merry king of the bush is he,
Laugh, Kookaburra, Laugh, Kookaburra,
Gay your life must be.
Ha Ha.

Though the galah should get a flaming mention!
F8in kookburras outside your bedroom window at 5 am going off with that laugh is friggin annoying. I may get that gun license.
Old Mar 29th 2005, 1:56 pm
Happy mum of 2 Aussies

Wanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to behold

Its the Wombat - its got to be! Have you ever seen one? They are soooooooooooooooooooooo CUTE!!!!!

W
Old Mar 29th 2005, 2:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Un-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond reputeUn-Co has a reputation beyond repute

Wombat for me too.
Old Mar 29th 2005, 2:19 pm

Originally Posted by carolinegorka
What's your Fav Aus animal/or animals found in Aus?

Mine's dolphins.

Cas
Went to Jervis Bay for the long weekend. Jules really wanted to see the dolphins, so we booked on one of the dolphin watching cruises.
Results after 3 hours of bobbing about:
Seagulls 234
Waves resembling fins 64
Dolphins 0

Apparently they are having a hard time finding them at the mo.
Old Mar 29th 2005, 2:23 pm

Went to Jervis Bay for the long weekend. Jules really wanted to see the dolphins, so we booked on one of the dolphin watching cruises.
Results after 3 hours of bobbing about:
Seagulls 234
Waves resembling fins 64
Dolphins 0

Apparently they are having a hard time finding them at the mo.
Not too many up at Nelsons Bay last month. We got a free ticket because of that so gave it to some friends who live in the area.
Old Mar 29th 2005, 2:53 pm
Y Ddraig Goch

Location: Body is in Brissie. Heart and soul has long flown home.
Ceri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to allCeri is a name known to all

mammals, very easy choice:
Wombat
Tassie Devil
Possums.

I'd love to see them ( Wombat and Tass) in the wild - I'm definitely in the wrong state, only ever seen them in the zoos, which is not the same,
Least favourite - koalas - sorry but they are very boring, I live with them on my property and surrounds. Believe me they don't do much except sh*te all over the place, even have the nerve to shite in my boat! ( boat gets parked under a tree that they climb sometimes ,droppings fall into it) and sleep. Except for mating season that is - then they fill the night with hell of a charming sound

favourites - non mammals
Sharks definitely number one.
spiders number two
snakes number three, actually this a joint number two with spiders.

Out of all animals the Wombat and the sharks are joint number one, they can fight it out between themselves. But I think Old fat Arse will come out of it the worst.

Birds - most definitely the crow - most people hate them -I luve 'em, very intelligent birds.
Kookaburras, we have a pretty tame one who sits and watches me digging ,waiting for worms - I call him chubby lol

Not a huge tweety, little bird fan, have tons of the tweety s8ds around our property - I prefer birds of prey, hence why I like the kookaburra nearest thing to one which we get on our property

least fav are the cockatoos, the noise on them when you get a load on your property. They must be the worst sounding birds in the world ( they'd put my mother in law to shame - and that is saying something lol)

Last edited by Ceri; Mar 29th 2005 at 2:56 pm.
Old Mar 29th 2005, 3:01 pm

Originally Posted by bondipom
Not too many up at Nelsons Bay last month. We got a free ticket because of that so gave it to some friends who live in the area.
They do the same in Jervis except they don't tell you unless you ask. We found this out from the dive operators the next day but couldn't be bothered to go back. Still it's a great way to see the bay even if there are no dolphins.
Old Mar 29th 2005, 3:03 pm

They do the same in Jervis except they don't tell you unless you ask. We found this out from the dive operators the next day but couldn't be bothered to go back. Still it's a great way to see the bay even if there are no dolphins.
What are the dive like down there? Water is nice and warm this time of year.
Old Mar 29th 2005, 3:15 pm

Originally Posted by bondipom
What are the dive like down there? Water is nice and warm this time of year.
Excellent dive site, deserves it reputation - 2nd best in Oz after GBR.
Water temp ~ 18C, vis ~ 10m with bad light.
Abundant marine life (no dolphins though )
Highlights - huge sting ray, weedy sea dragons really close up, wobbegongs, big cuttle fish, ever present gropers, big schools esp. the old wives, I could go on...
Old Mar 29th 2005, 4:01 pm
Account Closed

Hels is an unknown quantity at this point

These little critters are mighty cute.....

http://home.iprimus.com.au/readman/cuscus.htm
Old Mar 29th 2005, 4:12 pm
always be good

babybeth has a reputation beyond reputebabybeth has a reputation beyond reputebabybeth has a reputation beyond reputebabybeth has a reputation beyond reputebabybeth has a reputation beyond reputebabybeth has a reputation beyond reputebabybeth has a reputation beyond reputebabybeth has a reputation beyond reputebabybeth has a reputation beyond reputebabybeth has a reputation beyond reputebabybeth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by carolinegorka
What's your Fav Aus animal/or animals found in Aus?

Mine's dolphins.

Cas
dolphin is a aussie animal?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.