Old Mar 26th 2005, 2:31 am

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Favorite Aussie Animal

Originally Posted by linda_clarky
Possom....'cos they give karma!
very intelligant creatures the Possom
Old Mar 26th 2005, 2:34 am
Banned

kiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by possoms
The Wombat why isn't he on your list

and in second place the Platypus
Guess there's quite a list we could build up BUT I for one have never seen a wombat or a platypus LOL, and I've been in OZ since mid 90's. Seen a camel tho, but think they were imported, same as cane toads but camels r definitely nicer.
Old Mar 26th 2005, 2:38 am

Originally Posted by jimtrish
mines definitely the womat, hes just the coolest isnt he, really sturdy and short but can run like shit...excellent
yep deffo the best they can run at 40 km/h. Always wanted one as a pet ever since seeing the one the vet kept on A Country Practice
Old Mar 26th 2005, 2:40 am
BE Forum Addict

Mercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond reputeMercedes has a reputation beyond repute

I thought Dolphins were mammals not animals anyway. However if it has an Aussie accent fair cop, lol.

Wombat
Cockatoos. (sp)
possums
Wallabys.
Like the colourful birdlife generally.
Old Mar 26th 2005, 2:43 am

Originally Posted by kiwichild
Guess there's quite a list we could build up BUT I for one have never seen a wombat or a platypus LOL, and I've been in OZ since mid 90's. Seen a camel tho, but think they were imported, same as cane toads but camels r definitely nicer.
Theres lots of Platypus in Tas but they are a bit elusive I saw one from a distance. I held a Wombat in Perth Zoo and saw a baby Wombat in Tas whos mum had been killed.
Old Mar 26th 2005, 2:45 am
Banned

kiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mercedes
I thought Dolphins were mammals not animals anyway. However if it has an Aussie accent fair cop, lol.

Wombat
Cockatoos. (sp)
possums
Wallabys.
Like the colourful birdlife generally.
The number 28 Lorikeets over here in WA are very colourful birds.
Old Mar 26th 2005, 2:46 am

Originally Posted by Grayling
We even have Wallabies living wild in the Peak district

Does that make them British?

G
I've been told of these Wallabies in the PD but dont know anyone who's seen one have you ever seen one?
Old Mar 26th 2005, 2:56 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Grayling
We even have Wallabies living wild in the Peak district
Does that make them British?
Dunno, Have you checked their passports lately
Old Mar 26th 2005, 4:15 am
Where I want to be

ub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quokkas, Quokkas Quokkas. They are absolutely gorgeous. Wouldn't mind one or two.
Old Mar 26th 2005, 4:46 am
BE Enthusiast

Gjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Mercedes
I thought Dolphins were mammals not animals anyway.

I vote for Yabbies. They are just so cool.
Old Mar 26th 2005, 5:10 am
Account Closed

tonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond repute

I could name lots of fave birds, but the theme seems largely mammal-based, so I'd have to plum for my favourite Aussie siting so far, which would be Platypus!
Old Mar 26th 2005, 8:39 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Gjn200

I vote for Yabbies. They are just so cool.
I prefer them fried to cool.
Old Mar 26th 2005, 8:43 am
BE Enthusiast

Gjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to beholdGjn200 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by bondipom
I prefer them fried to cool.
That's my childhood your eating!
Old Mar 26th 2005, 9:03 am
Forum Regular

fitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to allfitz is a name known to all

the most awesome creature you'll possible see in oz is the shark,can't believe
nobodys mentioned them,as for dolphins you can see them all up the west coast of scotland throughout the year,i have even seen them in the clyde coast 45mins away from glasgow,i have to admit though the quakkas on
rotto are also great as are the parrots,black swans,pelicans,wombats,
kangaroos and kookaburras,lets face it they're all part of what makes oz
an exciting and interesting place to live,oh and of course the weather.
Old Mar 26th 2005, 9:07 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by fitz
the most awesome creature you'll possible see in oz is the shark,can't believe
nobodys mentioned them,as for dolphins you can see them all up the west coast of scotland throughout the year,i have even seen them in the clyde coast 45mins away from glasgow,i have to admit though the quakkas on
rotto are also great as are the parrots,black swans,pelicans,wombats,
kangaroos and kookaburras,lets face it they're all part of what makes oz
an exciting and interesting place to live,oh and of course the weather.
You can go diving with nurse sharks off broughton island near Nelsons Bay. I went with Pro Dive there. Although the breeding grounds were off due to rough seas there were a few around the looking glass. Plenty of wobbygongs as well. Absolutely incredible being a few metres away from the creatures.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.