Dolphin
16.47%
Other - please state
36.47%
Voters: 85. You may not vote on this poll

Favorite Aussie Animal

Old Mar 25th 2005, 6:13 am
NorthLakes, Brissy

wargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Favorite Aussie Animal

Originally Posted by carolinegorka
What's your Fav Aus animal/or animals found in Aus?

Mine's dolphins.

Cas

Quokka
Old Mar 25th 2005, 6:18 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jim2004
9. Where can I swim with dolphins in Wales?
Bottlenose dolphins can be spotted along the coast of Cardigan Bay usually between May and November. However it is not advisable to swim with dolphins. Although they may appear friendly they are wild animals that should be treated with caution and respect. It is possible to undertake boat trips to view dolphins in the wild. The two main ports for such trips are New Quay on the Ceredigion coastline and St Davids in Pembrokeshire. Various companies offer boat trips of the beautiful West Wales coastline, which allow passengers to survey not only the resident bottlenose dolphins but also porpoises, seals and wild birds.

Plus it's bloody freezing in Wales!
Point is that Dolphins can be found all over the world.

It is hardly an Australian animal

We even have Wallabies living wild in the Peak district

Does that make them British?

Mind you the sea is cold in Wales

G
Old Mar 25th 2005, 6:24 am
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by owleywoodcat
Good question! This had me thinking quite a long time - so many to choose from, but inthe end my vote has to be the duck billed platypus. Still not seen one though.
I agree with you (though it's hard to beat the sight of dolphins skiing under the nose of your yacht in the Whitsundays or under the dive boat on the reef!).

We saw DBPs in QLD, there are quite a few good places to see them.

They are a lot smaller than you might think, maybe just 35 cms - 50 cms long.
Old Mar 25th 2005, 6:26 am
Account Closed

Paul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Grayling
Point is that Dolphins can be found all over the world.

It is hardly an Australian animal

We even have Wallabies living wild in the Peak district

Does that make them British?

Mind you the sea is cold in Wales

G
Yeah cannot offer an arguement on the 'Dolphin only from Oz' bit,

BUT!!! .............. it is cold in Wales still! ...lol
Old Mar 25th 2005, 7:49 am
BE Forum Addict

jimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond repute

mines definitely the womat, hes just the coolest isnt he, really sturdy and short but can run like shit...excellent
Old Mar 25th 2005, 7:55 am
Account Closed

Paul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to allPaul2004 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Jim2004
oooooooooooo, so can you actually dive with them ??

and how much is a year pass for Seaworld anyone ?

Thanks

It's ok, found out now.

Anyone interested it's:

With an Annual Pass you have 12 months of unlimited entry to Sea World to experience our whole world of fun again and again! (Not valid Special Events.)

ADULTS $150.00
CHILDREN (4 - 13 years inclusive) $95
PENSIONERS (with Government Card) * $95.00

$90 for 2 day's or $150 for a year! ......... err ............ um ....... which would I go for I wonder ?!
Old Mar 25th 2005, 9:49 am
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

I like all those animals, but I actually find the Gecko's quite cute too, not to mention handy for getting rid of spiders etc
Old Mar 25th 2005, 9:53 am
Just Joined

yoshi1912 is an unknown quantity at this point
Wink Re: Favorite Aussie Animal

Favourite Aussie animal has to be Wombat.
Old Mar 25th 2005, 9:54 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Fairy penguins, no question about it
Old Mar 25th 2005, 9:55 am
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Originally Posted by Pollyana

Do they help remove some of those daily cherry stones?
Old Mar 25th 2005, 9:59 am

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Hmm, difficult one, but my vote goes to The Bloke

Is this saying something about your man?
Old Mar 25th 2005, 10:00 am
part-time Visa Angel!

Originally Posted by Siren
Is this saying something about your man?

LMAO - I didnt like to question it myself, but you're a safer distance than I am
Old Mar 25th 2005, 10:00 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Tassie devils are great if not a little grouchy. I hope they survive the horrible virus that is devastating them at the moment.
Old Mar 25th 2005, 10:32 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mlbonner
LMAO - I didnt like to question it myself, but you're a safer distance than I am

Actually parrots are better with cherry stones - a friend and I used to spit the stones from a frst floor window, and every single one was eagerly pounced on in mid-air by a bunch of Rosellas!
Old Mar 25th 2005, 10:38 am
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point

Aren't you lot arguementative re: dolphins............

I did say also animals FOUND in australia...........

See quite a lot have still voted for them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.