Is It Fate???

Old Jul 14th 2003, 9:06 pm
Quiet one in the corner

kendra1 is on a distinguished road
Default Is It Fate???

hi is been quite a while since ive visited the site, and boy how ive missed it
at about christmas time we started to really get into serious business of trying to get started with the immigration process, I gathered lots of info which i saved and not printed after about 2 months of info gathering my pc started to make funny noises and then stopped working - all my info had been lost, so then after a expensive upgrade i started again this time i managed to print form 40 for the skills assesment but it had mistakes on and needed re-printing, we had set a date for the tuesday night to get it finished once and for all. i went to bed feeling happy, at 5.30 that very tuesday morning we were woken by a very large bang - which initially we thought something has crashed into our house. then came the lightening and the torrential rain, ahh we thought its just thunder.
whilst at work that tuesday afternoon i got a call from my beloved. when he spoke he sounded very very upset, when i asked him what was wrong he said - do you remember that bang at 5.30 this morning (how could i forget)...... well he said that was the p.c - so that was it all of my hard work lost again!!!!
so is fate or just bad luck???
and now i'm really thinking about employing an agent, but with my luck i will get one who will rip me off and we still wont get to australia
any one any suggestions
thanks
kendra

:PARTY:
Old Jul 15th 2003, 6:20 am
Forum Regular

gazza321 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Is It Fate???

Kendra

Don't really believe in fate - just save all your info on floppies/cd from now on. I also had a pc crash (on my new machine) so I know regularly burn a rewriteable backup disc with my documents and emails etc.
We are using an agent. I think in total it will cost you about £1200 - £1800 extra to use an agent (depending on skills assistance) I had to pay an extra £ 500 just for them to do a preliminary check on my partners and my skills. But at least from that we found out that I couldn't get the extra 5 points we needed (spouse skills).
I used an agent because its too big a thing to cock up and its a long enough wait without finding out months down the line youve not done something right. My thoughts anyway. We are using Gomatilda who seem to know what they are doing. Their fees are also clear, although I think the skills preliminary assessments are a bit dear, but then if your sure about your compliance with an asco code you won't need it.

Cheers

Gazza
Old Jul 15th 2003, 6:55 am
BE Enthusiast

dracupg is an unknown quantity at this point

If it’s a relatively straightforward application, I do not see why you would need an agent. I can understand however that they may add some value to certain tricky situations.

It does take a lot of effort though, but using an agent does not mean you don’t have to spend any time on it. You still have to collate all the relevant information together for the application.

We went through about 3 versions of both the skills assessment and the migration application before we got it right, but at least when we sent them off, we knew there were no mistakes. It’s a long and laborious process which can take weeks.

Better to do it right than have it rejected because of a mistake.
Old Jul 15th 2003, 4:58 pm
Just Joined

nagel is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Is It Fate???

Originally posted by kendra1
hi is been quite a while since ive visited the site, and boy how ive missed it
at about christmas time we started to really get into serious business of trying to get started with the immigration process, I gathered lots of info which i saved and not printed after about 2 months of info gathering my pc started to make funny noises and then stopped working - all my info had been lost, so then after a expensive upgrade i started again this time i managed to print form 40 for the skills assesment but it had mistakes on and needed re-printing, we had set a date for the tuesday night to get it finished once and for all. i went to bed feeling happy, at 5.30 that very tuesday morning we were woken by a very large bang - which initially we thought something has crashed into our house. then came the lightening and the torrential rain, ahh we thought its just thunder.
whilst at work that tuesday afternoon i got a call from my beloved. when he spoke he sounded very very upset, when i asked him what was wrong he said - do you remember that bang at 5.30 this morning (how could i forget)...... well he said that was the p.c - so that was it all of my hard work lost again!!!!
so is fate or just bad luck???
and now i'm really thinking about employing an agent, but with my luck i will get one who will rip me off and we still wont get to australia
any one any suggestions
thanks
kendra

:PARTY:

If the agent is worthwhile they will return your monies if you are not successful, minus admin fees.
Old Jul 16th 2003, 6:52 am
BE Forum Addict

DianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to all

If you weren't going to use one in the first place then don't use one now. As blokey said, you have to do all the groundwork to give them the info anyway and they just ponce it up a bit.

Do it yourself and you'll give yourself a pat on the back at the end of it all when you've overcome all this voodoo. (now where's that flipping effigy.

Diane:scared:
Old Jul 16th 2003, 7:24 am
A soft and furry member

Bluey is an unknown quantity at this point

I cant speak from the point of view of a skills visa, but when I we applied for my spouses Visa I cant imagine that an extra 2 grand spent on an agent would have been worth the money. There is so much help available on the Internet and Australian Government websites that the information is all to hand anyway. As far as agents 'Poncing it Up' a bit, we found on the forms that they wanted all the information put into one single envelope anyway, not filed and sorted particularly, and at the end of the day at least doing it yourself you know where you're up to without waiting for that call to be returned. There's enough uncertainty and anxiety in the process anyway, keep it all in your own hands. As for your little PC problems, I can speak with authority as an IT person - It's not fate conspiring against you, it's just that people like me build computers to break down to keep ourselves in work. Keep at it and goog luck.
Old Jul 16th 2003, 8:22 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Being a bit of a "control freak" i wouldn't have been able to stand having an agent. I like to find out first hand whats happening to my application (staying up till 2am phoning ASPC etc) We've had a couple of hitches, but your case officer informs you straight away if there is any further information needed. If your application is fairly straight forward i wouldn't pay 2 grand to have my post redirected!