jobs a good un

Old Jul 15th 2003, 8:52 pm
Forum Regular

james & bev is an unknown quantity at this point
Default jobs a good un

Got a call today from case officer to tell us the visa had been granted. Fatastic news. She has been incredibly helpful and has earnt the flowers she'll get tomorrow.

Our story was, Bev and our son Jack applied for de-facto spouse as I'm a Aus citzen by decent, the whole process has dragged on because bev's medicals had to be reffered to Aus for a 2nd opinion beacuse she has precautionary checks here ever six months on on lumps her breast (which have never been diagnosed with anything). She has been incredible anxious so the relief is emmense.

This is our second great piece of news in the space of 2 weeks. In parallel to the above going on we had applied for some planning permission on part of our garden which it was last month granted. This is a big result for us moneywise and we have the house and a plot of land now for devleopment going up for auction 19th Aug.

I feel we have had more than our fair share of good news over the last couple of weeks so I am going to shut up about that now.

With this news it all now seems so definite. We can't bring oursleves to phone friends and parents yet, as they are likely to more upset than happy. We are on hols in cornwall at the moment so this couldn't of come at a better time. We be on the beach celebrating, if not too hung over tonight.

Big decision now is sydney or perth. Were dead set on perth now pretty certain for sydney have a probably job to go to in sydney with existing company if I want it, or alternative is to set up own biz in perth. Our view at the moment is maybe take the job, set up own biz on side and see where we go from there we'll see.

Now time to start all the preparations, lots of planning to do hope to travel mid-sept if poss everythings going so fast.

I hope everyone on this forum has as much luck as we have had so far, we find the info on here incredibly useful and its great to have a sense that so many of us are pushing for the same things and facing the same challenges. Anyway back to the wine.

cheers

James
Old Jul 15th 2003, 9:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Teresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the roughTeresa is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: jobs a good un

Originally posted by james & bev
Got a call today from case officer to tell us the visa had been granted. Fatastic news. She has been incredibly helpful and has earnt the flowers she'll get tomorrow.

Our story was, Bev and our son Jack applied for de-facto spouse as I'm a Aus citzen by decent, the whole process has dragged on because bev's medicals had to be reffered to Aus for a 2nd opinion beacuse she has precautionary checks here ever six months on on lumps her breast (which have never been diagnosed with anything). She has been incredible anxious so the relief is emmense.

This is our second great piece of news in the space of 2 weeks. In parallel to the above going on we had applied for some planning permission on part of our garden which it was last month granted. This is a big result for us moneywise and we have the house and a plot of land now for devleopment going up for auction 19th Aug.

I feel we have had more than our fair share of good news over the last couple of weeks so I am going to shut up about that now.

With this news it all now seems so definite. We can't bring oursleves to phone friends and parents yet, as they are likely to more upset than happy. We are on hols in cornwall at the moment so this couldn't of come at a better time. We be on the beach celebrating, if not too hung over tonight.

Big decision now is sydney or perth. Were dead set on perth now pretty certain for sydney have a probably job to go to in sydney with existing company if I want it, or alternative is to set up own biz in perth. Our view at the moment is maybe take the job, set up own biz on side and see where we go from there we'll see.

Now time to start all the preparations, lots of planning to do hope to travel mid-sept if poss everythings going so fast.

I hope everyone on this forum has as much luck as we have had so far, we find the info on here incredibly useful and its great to have a sense that so many of us are pushing for the same things and facing the same challenges. Anyway back to the wine.

cheers

James
Congrats to you all, enjoy the hols and worry about telling the family etc when you come home, they may take it better than you think, ours did......they will miss us but understand our reasons...

Both are great cities so whichever will be right for you, we are celebrating tonight too as just had confirmation of skills assessment.

All the best

Teresa, Graham and Oliver x

Old Jul 15th 2003, 9:03 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Fantastic news!
So pleased for you all. I remember reading about Bev's medical worries, and as a fellow Partner visa person, I've been following your progress.
I know exactly what you mean about friends/family more upset than pleased - I have found that those who were pleased at first are now saying I'm being daft, and I shouldn't be going; but those who were at first devastated, & were more cautious, then thought about everything the way Carl and I have thought about it all - well, they are now being so supportive that I'm amazed.
but enough of the serious stuff! I'll have my next glass of wine in your honour - the last one was for "Ruthyman" & family, who have also got their spouse visa through!
Congratulations - & good luck for Aus - hope you are enjoying the beach!
Old Jul 16th 2003, 6:40 am
BE Enthusiast

karen and andy is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulations the best of luck to you all.

Cheers

Karen and Andy
Old Jul 16th 2003, 8:25 am
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Really well done to you both. Good luck with your new lives!!!!!