Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Fast track immigration application??

Fast track immigration application??

Old May 24th 2006, 10:21 am
Never regret the past...

Swotsmart has a brilliant futureSwotsmart has a brilliant futureSwotsmart has a brilliant futureSwotsmart has a brilliant futureSwotsmart has a brilliant futureSwotsmart has a brilliant future
Default Fast track immigration application??

Howdy all!

I have just learnt that I have been offered a job in Perth...I'd be grateful if anyone can advice on the possibility of having my application fast tracked on the grounds that I need to take up my new job on the 4th of September. I have only just applied to the ACS for a skills assesment and as I understand it, they (ACS) do not fast track assessments - is this correct?

Thanks in advance.
Old May 24th 2006, 11:00 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Fast track immigration application??

Originally Posted by Swotsmart
Howdy all!

I have just learnt that I have been offered a job in Perth...I'd be grateful if anyone can advice on the possibility of having my application fast tracked on the grounds that I need to take up my new job on the 4th of September. I have only just applied to the ACS for a skills assesment and as I understand it, they (ACS) do not fast track assessments - is this correct?

Thanks in advance.
I'm not sure if there is a way to fast track a visa application, either. If there were, most everybody here would be on that fast track.
You should probably try posting this in the immigration area of this forum. Someone there may be able to better help you. Alternately, you could contact one of the agents who frequent the immigration areas.
Old May 24th 2006, 11:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Howdy all!

Thanks in advance.

I don't think they will "fast track" your visa application, however you may be able to sort out a bridging visa. I would recommend getting an agent on board to assist you.
Old May 24th 2006, 12:07 pm
Never regret the past...

Swotsmart has a brilliant futureSwotsmart has a brilliant futureSwotsmart has a brilliant futureSwotsmart has a brilliant futureSwotsmart has a brilliant futureSwotsmart has a brilliant future

DotnRon/WendyC...thanks for your thoughts. I think I'll enlist the help of an agent...in the meantime, I'll also post in the immigration section.
Old May 24th 2006, 1:18 pm
Forum Regular

fajita is an unknown quantity at this point

Howdy all!

Thanks in advance.
I don't think ACS will, but having looked at this situation myself, you could always get your company to sponsor a 457 visa for you to tide you over till the permanent one comes through. The 457 can be processed in under a month,is valid for 4 years (assuming you stay employed) and doesn't (currently!) require a skills assessment. Good luck!
Old May 24th 2006, 1:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

flip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud offlip has much to be proud of

OH was offered job in March last year and the company sponsored him for a temporary visa and he was able to start in May. Then they applied for the permanent visa when he got here. The company they used was called businessvisas and we were able to use a quicker skills assessment than the one we had expected to use when applying ourselves.

We eventually got our permanent visas in November and that included a few delays where people were on leave etc.
Old May 24th 2006, 1:38 pm
Never regret the past...

Flip/Fajita...thanks for your post, I will ask my soon to be employer about using the 457 route as a starter to give me a chance of making the 4th of September. Thanks for the advice!