Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

FARK the herald angels! Moving to oz in 4 days!

FARK the herald angels! Moving to oz in 4 days!

Old Oct 15th 2011, 8:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Still Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond repute
Default FARK the herald angels! Moving to oz in 4 days!

.. and what have I packed? 1/4 of a suitcase... fark......

and..

and...

and 70 days til Christmas

Old Oct 15th 2011, 8:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: FARK the herald angels! Moving to oz in 4 days!

I hadn't even booked the flights four days before we moved, never mind packed a case. Plenty of time.

Good luck with your move.
Old Oct 15th 2011, 8:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Still Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond reputeStill Game has a reputation beyond repute

thanks... oh yes, flights are not booked either!
Old Oct 15th 2011, 9:45 pm
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

Don't panic, we have shops here in Sydney. They're crap, but we have them
Old Oct 15th 2011, 10:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

great.. I feel lost without the crap I tipped into a huge recycling bin today..

must
buy
more
crap....

Old Oct 15th 2011, 10:22 pm
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

It's a very stressful thing, moving half way round the world. Stay cool. Drink Gin.

We had 6 weeks from job offer to move, the first time we relocated. Didn't have plaster on most of the walls in the house at the time, and on the night we left I sat in the car at 10.30pm, waiting for The Geek to varnish his way out of the lounge
Old Oct 15th 2011, 10:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

gin drunk

I was given 3.5 weeks so am panicking a bit... and unfortuantely it's too soon for the drawing man and feline to come out.. April 2012

I know... it will be fine
Old Oct 16th 2011, 2:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

Bugger, you're the advance party? On yer own?

Double the Gin and let HIM pack for you
Old Oct 16th 2011, 2:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Family of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond reputeFamily of 3 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Seasider
It's a very stressful thing, moving half way round the world. Stay cool. Drink Gin.

We had 6 weeks from job offer to move, the first time we relocated. Didn't have plaster on most of the walls in the house at the time, and on the night we left I sat in the car at 10.30pm, waiting for The Geek to varnish his way out of the lounge
Pah, that's nothing! I only had 6 weeks notice before Mini was born. Two hours after we found out I was on an overnight plane to Dubai for work thinking "OMG in 6 weeks I'll have a baby." Didn't get a lot of sleep on that flight, I can tell you.
Old Oct 16th 2011, 7:29 am
Auntie Fa

Originally Posted by Family of 3
Pah, that's nothing! I only had 6 weeks notice before Mini was born. Two hours after we found out I was on an overnight plane to Dubai for work thinking "OMG in 6 weeks I'll have a baby." Didn't get a lot of sleep on that flight, I can tell you.
Old Oct 16th 2011, 10:10 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by eddie007
Bugger, you're the advance party? On yer own?

Double the Gin and let HIM pack for you
yup and done!

will see the scribbler in Dec for our 3 week honeymoon but very very at not seeing the wee furry girl for 7 months
Old Oct 29th 2011, 5:05 am
BE Enthusiast

OK... so been here a week. Not too bad so far however, I'm still in the serviced apartment with work and it's only 5 minutes walk from work so 'reality' has not really sunk in yet. Weather is pretty changeable in Sydney - has been really hot and muggy and then just sunny, and then cool also. What I had really realised is how "Califorianized" Sydney had become - or maybe I just hadn't noticed it last time. Everyone is very much into health, not a bad thing, but it seems to be a very body conscious type of place. A huge amount of size 8/10 girls all competing with each other with the latest fashion, hair do's etc.. it's extremely competitive.

I'm on the North side tho and haven't really explored other areas so maybe it's not the same everywhere.

Has been lovely seeing old friends again and meeting babies for the first time. Work has been full on and is slightly odd not having hubby and cat here. Only about 7 weeks til I see him again in Perth for our honeymoon so looking forward to that! (the husband that is, not the cat!) do miss the cat tho :-( but keep reminding myself it's only temporary.