FAO Kong

Old Jul 2nd 2004, 11:54 pm

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute
Default FAO Kong

Kong i am a man of few words but many of yours are obviously meant to incite people into a response, u have had the desired effect, why dont you let people make their own mind's up?

Hasta La Fuego.

Mr Madsad

The Bigger Madsad.
Old Jul 2nd 2004, 11:57 pm
kong

Default Re: FAO Kong

Originally posted by madsad
Kong i am a man of few words but many of yours are obviously meant to incite people into a response, u have had the desired effect, why dont you let people make their own mind's up?

Hasta La Fuego.

Mr Madsad

The Bigger Madsad.
Surely the purpose of a forum is to express personal views???

Or should I slate the UK and praise Aus like a good true blue dinki di vegemite??

Old Jul 3rd 2004, 12:01 am

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by kong

Or should I slate the UK and praise Aus like a good true blue dinki di vegemite??
not at all, but let people make their own minds up? before you tearing it to shreds? me & my wife are risking all we have to do what we are doing so dont go on about rubber dollars etc etc, let us find out for ourself, by the way where are you from.
Old Jul 3rd 2004, 12:12 am

personal views are fine but true to form when a rat finds a hole he will hide in it?
Old Jul 3rd 2004, 12:27 am
kong

Originally posted by madsad
personal views are fine but true to form when a rat finds a hole he will hide in it?
I can understand you getting your back up over my posts. When lots of time and money have been spent on a scheme it is hard to see someone who has been their, did not like it and came home. I am not pissing on your dream, however I feel most posters on here are misguided on what Aus has to offer. You have not left yet have you?? It is not too late to forget the whole idea? Go to Aus for a holiday and then come back to the Uk and earn decent dosh, Aus is great for a holiday or retirement. For employment it is a backwater at best and a damn sight more expensive than a holiday once earning the rubber dollar.

I live in the home counties, by the way .

Old Jul 3rd 2004, 12:39 am
ABCDiamond

I can understand you getting your back up over my posts. When lots of time and money have been spent on a scheme it is hard to see someone who has been their, did not like it and came home. I am not pissing on your dream, however I feel most posters on here are misguided on what Aus has to offer. You have not left yet have you?? It is not too late to forget the whole idea? Go to Aus for a holiday and then come back to the Uk and earn decent dosh, Aus is great for a holiday or retirement. For employment it is a backwater at best and a damn sight more expensive than a holiday once earning the rubber dollar.

I wasted lots of time and money when I returned to the UK, after spending years in Australia, because for some stupid reason I felt that the UK was actually better than Australia. I was wrong.

I then returned again to Australia, where I feel it is much better for me and my family.

Kong, try to understand that we are all different. Some of us will like what you dislike, and some of us will dislike what you like.

If you really want to post, then say relevant things, about relevant areas.

You waste your time by generalising, (and end up deserving the low opinion that most people have of you) and you should learn that Australia is a big place, and very different in different areas. eg: West Sydney is VERY different to East Brisbane.

I comment on these areas because I have lived in both, you comment on ALL of Australia, and seem to think it is the same all over !!

Old Jul 3rd 2004, 12:43 am

thank god, right we have phoned the agent & cancelled the whole thing!! i am not expecting to earn megabucks!! i really dont care, if we have food on the table & clothes on our backs we will be just fine, no one expects utopia & no one said you pissed on my dream but for fux sake please let people make up their own mind.

Just so you know i was raised in the middle east so i know both heads & tails.

Carpe Et Diem.
Old Jul 3rd 2004, 12:50 am

Originally posted by ABCDiamond
I wasted lots of time and money when I returned to the UK, after spending years in Australia, because for some stupid reason I felt that the UK was actually better than Australia. I was wrong.

I then returned again to Australia, where I feel it is much better for me and my family.

Kong, try to understand that we are all different. Some of us will like what you dislike, and some of us will dislike what you like.

If you really want to post, then say relevant things, about relevant areas.

You waste your time by generalising, (and end up deserving the low opinion that most people have of you) and you should learn that Australia is a big place, and very different in different areas. eg: West Sydney is VERY different to East Brisbane.

I comment on these areas because I have lived in both, you comment on ALL of Australia, and seem to think it is the same all over !!
ABC thankyou for a very sensible opinion, Australia may suit a lot of people and may not suit many, but me & my family would like to find out on our own.

Brissy bound & cant wait!!
Old Jul 3rd 2004, 5:32 am
Forum Regular

Dolphingirl is an unknown quantity at this point

I agree. I've lived in quite a few states in Oz and did different things workwise. Some places were good and some weren't. I came back for family reasons, but still miss Oz. I always found work and I was in Advertising, also worked in Computers. In some areas Australia paid more in comparision to some companies in the UK. The one thing I did like about the Australians that they were positive thinking, friendly, kind, hospitable, and often even when there wasn't a job they gave you a chance to prove yourself. I had my hard times over there, but generally I liked it. In comparison to living back in the Uk, I haven't found it the same. So in many respects I like Australia better.

It is frightening to move out of the comfort Zone and having people be negative just because it didn't work out for them, or they didn't have anything to offer an employer workwise. Since this is often a hard transition, you got to be positive and be around positive thinking people. If I am around negativity, often it makes me depressed and often has a domino effect in the rest of my life. When people are moving to another country, they don't want people banging the drums of doom all the time.

When I first went to Oz, I went backpacking and then stayed. I was told by everyone I would have to leave to do my residency. Well I didnt, I did it from Oz and remained in the country until it was granted. Total it took me 2 years, but at least I was in the country during it. If I had listened to the drums of doom, I would never have achieved anything that I did. Some people will love Oz and others may not, but it takes time to settle in a place. Some places intitially I didn't like them, but they grew on me and as I made friends it became easier. But it doesn't happen over night. It can sometimes take 2 years to start to feel comfortable and find out who is actually a mate to an aquaintance. The one thing I learnt was alot about myself and it made me a stronger and more independent person.

I wish those who are going alot of happiness and luck and its mostly in your hands whether you are or not.
Old Jul 3rd 2004, 6:58 am
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

anya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to all

This may be the salient point here.

Kong (and anyone else), you are not going to find the plush, comfortable 'UK Home Counties Lifestyle' in Oz - and probably not in many other countries, either. If that's what a person wants, then they should stay in the Home Counties (or move to Washington DC!). Fair enough....

However, some people actually want to leave that kind of lifestyle behind, and expect (even welcome) things being different in Oz. It's all down to personal taste and circumstances, which is why it is so narrow- minded and nannying to try to tell other people what they may/may not like.

Constructive comments about some of the pitfalls or major differences in Oz, for which people should be prepared, are useful and welcome, but plain invective is pointless and boring for us all.

Anya.
Old Jul 3rd 2004, 8:59 am

lucyb is an unknown quantity at this point

Well said all of you, I couldnt agree more. Kong, unless you have something constructive to say, please keep your opinions to yourself. I find some of your comments quite offensive. You cant bully people into accepting your opinion. We are all different, and that's what makes the world such an interesting place.