Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Family Tax Benefit

Family Tax Benefit

Old Jul 10th 2006, 7:58 am
BE Forum Addict

majortom is just really nicemajortom is just really nicemajortom is just really nicemajortom is just really nicemajortom is just really nicemajortom is just really nicemajortom is just really nicemajortom is just really nicemajortom is just really nicemajortom is just really nice
Default Family Tax Benefit

Hope someone can help out here.

My wife is in Australia with my 4 year old daughter, and is having problems with centrelink over the payment of Family tax Benefit.

We are permentant visa holders (RSMS) and Im still in England trying to sell the house.

My wife was told that my daughter had to have her pre school jabs before any payment could be made as that is the criteria.

That has been done, but now centerlink are saying that she must wait 6 months to qualify for any payment.

The other problem is that if Im still in England and not supporting my wife, does that mean she is classed as a single parent because she has only one income in Australia ???

My wife has been in Australia since April.

Anyone had any problems like this............would be grateful for any help

Thanks
Old Jul 10th 2006, 9:21 am
BE Forum Addict

glittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Family Tax Benefit

Originally Posted by majortom
Hope someone can help out here.

My wife is in Australia with my 4 year old daughter, and is having problems with centrelink over the payment of Family tax Benefit.

We are permentant visa holders (RSMS) and Im still in England trying to sell the house.

My wife was told that my daughter had to have her pre school jabs before any payment could be made as that is the criteria.

That has been done, but now centerlink are saying that she must wait 6 months to qualify for any payment.

The other problem is that if Im still in England and not supporting my wife, does that mean she is classed as a single parent because she has only one income in Australia ???

My wife has been in Australia since April.

Anyone had any problems like this............would be grateful for any help

Thanks
Hi there, altho they like you to have all your littlen's immunisations up to date, it isn't a criteria of getting centrelink payments. You can sign a conscientious objection form with your GP and send it all in. As far as I'm aware you're family are entitled to payments. They will base the amount you have on your income from the UK June 2005-July 2006. Plus any money she has earnt since being here. Technically your wife isn't a single parent, so I'm not sure whether she'd qaulify for parenting payment . Hope this helps!