family benifits just arrived in perth

Old Jul 6th 2013, 1:48 am
Account Closed

La Vida loca is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: family benifits just arrived in perth

Start networking.
Old Jul 6th 2013, 1:55 am
BE Forum Addict

RedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond reputeRedDragon2008 has a reputation beyond repute

The move over has never been easy for all of us here, both financially & emotionally, but it appears us oldies stuck it out longer than most of the ones coming out now. How many of us had no jobs for a month upon arrival? I dread to think but we all still stuck with it & got on with life. No one said it was a bed of roses emigrating, but you've done it, so work with it & not against it. Sometimes not posting on such forums help as well & not mixing with the known crowd ie other Brits can get you out of the wallowing feeling. Good luck whatever you do though
Old Jul 7th 2013, 3:47 am
BE Forum Addict

Japonica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond reputeJaponica has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by La Vida loca
Start networking.
The first job my hubby got was through a guy he met in the park during our reccie while both of them were taking their respective kiddos out for a play. He gave my husband his card, told him to email his CV and he'd pass it along to people in the sector, and it landed on the right desk at the right time. The company offered him a contract before we made the big move over.
Old Jul 8th 2013, 10:36 am
BE Forum Addict

Pomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond repute

Took my hubby 2.5 months to get a job and it took me about 5 months...luckily we were prepared and lived a very frugal life for the first few months.
Old Jul 9th 2013, 5:21 am
Social Grenade Thrower

paddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond repute

If you are entitled to payments then claim, that's what they are there for with people who have genuine reasons.
What trade/skills do you have? I'm assuming that before you came out you had a job lined up or had made enquiries into the employment market in the area hence you chose Perth due to a lot of vacancies for your skills. Yes?
If the answer is NO then I am not going to slam you, we all make mistakes or have not had enough guidance. But, might it be worth you doing a global search in ALL of Australia for a job which matches your skills/trade and if successful consider moving there to live and work? Even a bit of FIFO work would stabilise the household for a while.
Is it the area (Perth) that brought you over or just Australia? I always advocate getting a job first, get your foot in the door and create an Australian experience CV and then you have the flexibility of moving to where you want to, rather than living where you need to.
Old Jul 9th 2013, 6:50 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paddyo
If you are entitled to payments then claim, that's what they are there for with people who have genuine reasons.
What trade/skills do you have? I'm assuming that before you came out you had a job lined up or had made enquiries into the employment market in the area hence you chose Perth due to a lot of vacancies for your skills. Yes?
If the answer is NO then I am not going to slam you, we all make mistakes or have not had enough guidance. But, might it be worth you doing a global search in ALL of Australia for a job which matches your skills/trade and if successful consider moving there to live and work? Even a bit of FIFO work would stabilise the household for a while.
Is it the area (Perth) that brought you over or just Australia? I always advocate getting a job first, get your foot in the door and create an Australian experience CV and then you have the flexibility of moving to where you want to, rather than living where you need to.
Have a look at his posting history that'll give you an idea