Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

family benifits just arrived in perth

family benifits just arrived in perth

Old Jul 3rd 2013, 5:27 am
BE Forum Addict

brian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nice
Default family benifits just arrived in perth

I was wondering if you guys could be of some help,i have been in australia for just over 4 weeks now and to be honest thought i be working by now but finding it harder than i thought,hopefully things will pick up etc.
Back in the uk i was the only parent working and i got child benifit for my daughter who is 11 months now,i cant remember how it worked in the uk if everyone got it or just under a certain wage.
I know when your new to australia you dont get any help on being out of work,but im sure i have been told many times that you go get payments towards or help in bringing up your child,can anyone tell me to get this do you need to be earning a wage or if not earning a wage what can i apply for.
I have a pr visa my wife and baby has temp visa until granted after 2 years of being here,still get the same benifits as me with medicare etc just instead of a 5 yrs card with medicare she gets 1 yr and has to renew after that year.But she is linked to my medicare as a family.

I had my visa before i met my wife and before we had our baby,So what im asking is do we get any funds help in bringing up our child after just arriving here and can anyone tell me what i can apply for and get,i just am unsure and anything would help.

Our child is not registered for Immunisation yet but i believe this maybe needs done before we can apply for it,which i have asked a place about and said we can do it there.

Anyway info,help on the above i would be greatfull of.
Old Jul 3rd 2013, 5:34 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: family benifits just arrived in perth

Originally Posted by brian.w
I was wondering if you guys could be of some help,i have been in australia for just over 4 weeks now and to be honest thought i be working by now but finding it harder than i thought,hopefully things will pick up etc.
Back in the uk i was the only parent working and i got child benifit for my daughter who is 11 months now,i cant remember how it worked in the uk if everyone got it or just under a certain wage.
I know when your new to australia you dont get any help on being out of work,but im sure i have been told many times that you go get payments towards or help in bringing up your child,can anyone tell me to get this do you need to be earning a wage or if not earning a wage what can i apply for.
I have a pr visa my wife and baby has temp visa until granted after 2 years of being here,still get the same benifits as me with medicare etc just instead of a 5 yrs card with medicare she gets 1 yr and has to renew after that year.But she is linked to my medicare as a family.

I had my visa before i met my wife and before we had our baby,So what im asking is do we get any funds help in bringing up our child after just arriving here and can anyone tell me what i can apply for and get,i just am unsure and anything would help.

Our child is not registered for Immunisation yet but i believe this maybe needs done before we can apply for it,which i have asked a place about and said we can do it there.

Anyway info,help on the above i would be greatfull of.
Hi Brian,

Can't help with the benefits, sorry, just stopped by to say Hi and glad you arrived safe. Not sure what line of work you are in, but I'm still looking at 3 months for that first job so good luck with that.

I'm sure someone will be along soon that knows about the benefits, but in the meantime, have you tried the search function as child benefits / childcare rebates / family tax etc comes up fairly regular. You can also look at the Centrelink website to see if there's any info (http://www.humanservices.gov.au/cust...relink-website)

Welcome to Australia
Old Jul 3rd 2013, 5:47 am
BE Forum Addict

brian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nice

cheers mate hopefully someone who knows it will can give some advise
Old Jul 3rd 2013, 7:34 am
Forum Regular

ABCD...... has a reputation beyond reputeABCD...... has a reputation beyond reputeABCD...... has a reputation beyond reputeABCD...... has a reputation beyond reputeABCD...... has a reputation beyond reputeABCD...... has a reputation beyond reputeABCD...... has a reputation beyond reputeABCD...... has a reputation beyond reputeABCD...... has a reputation beyond reputeABCD...... has a reputation beyond reputeABCD...... has a reputation beyond repute

Brian. You can get Family Tax Benefit. You need to apply at Centrelink, now called Dept of Human Services.

This is one claim that is not subject to new arrivals restrictions.

http://www.humanservices.gov.au/cust...-part-a-part-b

How much you get depends on your income, number and age of children etc.
You could get up to $172.20 per fortnight for part A
and
up to $146.44 per fortnight for part B
Old Jul 3rd 2013, 8:42 am
BE Forum Addict

NickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond reputeNickyC has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, Brian!

Hard to believe that - after all these years - you actually made it here..
Old Jul 3rd 2013, 10:31 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Go to your nearest Centrelink office, take a ticket and go and ask the right people.
Old Jul 3rd 2013, 11:09 am
Feeble Minded

SillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond repute

I know a lot of people take potshots at Centrelink but in my dealings with them I have found them extremely helpful and courteous. There is an old saying "if you don't ask, you don't get" - so just either phone Centrelink initially or better still go into one of their offices, take a book there is quite often a fair old queue, and see what they say.
Old Jul 4th 2013, 12:52 am
BE Forum Addict

Yes had to get before august as visa expires then its always been back of my mind is it the right thing to do when i applied for my visa i was single,since having my visa got married and have a 11 month old and wanted to do the right think,if it had only been myself no worries but i have wife and girl to look after and thats what put me off or tsking so long to vome over so far i wondering if i did the right thing,never stuck for work in uk,gave up steady work come over here and finding it hard to break into my work so this has got me this has got me think,apart from that all else has been ok got new motor,got rental very quick but as you know jobs is important,thanks for the help maybe best as you say go down and ask see what they say
Old Jul 4th 2013, 1:01 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Yes had to get before august as visa expires then its always been back of my mind is it the right thing to do when i applied for my visa i was single,since having my visa got married and have a 11 month old and wanted to do the right think,if it had only been myself no worries but i have wife and girl to look after and thats what put me off or tsking so long to vome over so far i wondering if i did the right thing,never stuck for work in uk,gave up steady work come over here and finding it hard to break into my work so this has got me this has got me think,apart from that all else has been ok got new motor,got rental very quick but as you know jobs is important,thanks for the help maybe best as you say go down and ask see what they say
Good luck with that.

Please don't take this the wrong way, but have you considered writing in sentences when you post and maybe reading it back to yourself first. Some of your posts can be difficult to read due to writing style - the one above would be a prime example
Old Jul 4th 2013, 1:09 am
BE Forum Addict

irishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond repute

Where are you based.The lady at the Karrinyup shopping centre branch is helpful.It can be stressful when you first arrive.Try not to stress.Good luck.
Old Jul 4th 2013, 1:12 am
BE Forum Addict

irishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
Good luck with that.

Please don't take this the wrong way, but have you considered writing in sentences when you post and maybe reading it back to yourself first. Some of your posts can be difficult to read due to writing style - the one above would be a prime example
I agree.Asking people for help is fine.However people need to be able to read it,get updates and the odd thank you doesn't go amiss.
Old Jul 5th 2013, 2:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

thats cause im sometimes using my mobile to post on here,and thanks guys for your info i need to thank more hey
Old Jul 5th 2013, 2:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by irishbloo
Where are you based.The lady at the Karrinyup shopping centre branch is helpful.It can be stressful when you first arrive.Try not to stress.Good luck.
your right about stress it sure is,thanks for the info i happen to be living in karrinyup right now but not for too much longer so not far for me to go right now.
Been stressed about work etc but things maybe looking up phone a guy today and says he has a few options for me so seeing him on monday so see what happens there.
Just when i thought i may need to return to uk as a well due to the lock or interest from employer but i sure aint going back that quick it way to soon to be thinking that and would be costly.
Im sure it only get better
Old Jul 5th 2013, 2:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

roaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond reputeroaringmouse has a reputation beyond repute

thats cause im sometimes using my mobile to post on here,and thanks guys for your info i need to thank more hey
I was unaware that sentences were not possible on a mobile - do mobile keypads not have full stops and line breaks?

Dammit... I've read too many posts of the grammar nazis, it's rubbing off.

Last edited by roaringmouse; Jul 5th 2013 at 2:52 pm.
Old Jul 5th 2013, 4:25 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

your right about stress it sure is,thanks for the info i happen to be living in karrinyup right now but not for too much longer so not far for me to go right now.
Been stressed about work etc but things maybe looking up phone a guy today and says he has a few options for me so seeing him on monday so see what happens there.
Just when i thought i may need to return to uk as a well due to the lock or interest from employer but i sure aint going back that quick it way to soon to be thinking that and would be costly.
Im sure it only get better
Brian, you've only been here a month, no time at all in the job world these days, far too soon to give up and go home!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.