Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Falling pregnant during application?

Falling pregnant during application?

Old Apr 6th 2004, 10:16 am
Ping Pong Wannabe

banjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud of

Hi,

congrats on getting your visa. Hope all goes well for the birth of your baby and your blood pressure comes right.

We were in a similar position to you in that we discovered my wife was expecting whilst our visa was being processed. We did inform DIMIA though and our case worker told us that once the visa is granted they can not add anyone to the application. If your baby had been born prior to them finalising your visa then you could have just sent a copy of the birth certificate and it would have been easy as....

As having the baby in Oz is not really an option in your case, it seems the only thing you will be able to do is validate your visa and basically apply for a dependents visa as soon as you can. Surely the baby could travel with you though? My eldest son's passport only took a couple of weeks to come through and you could just get a visitors visa for your baby....that way you wouldn't have to leave him or her.
Old Apr 6th 2004, 10:53 am
Just Joined

Leonella is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Thanks

Thanks alot for congratulations and for warm words!!!

I hope everything will be OK. And we also was disscussing option of tourist visa for the buba

And then add him as dependant. I think it is the best way to do it.

People bread!!!!!! While they was processing application we have had enought time to create a baby!!!!!!!

:lecture:
Old Apr 6th 2004, 6:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

steve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to all

Congrats on the baby.

We put our application in last July and found I was pregnant in the August. Spoke to our Agent who recomended we wait until the baby arrived (7th March weighing 9lb 6oz) then add on a change of circumstance form which we have just done. Her passport arrived this week. I had the photo taken when she was a week old.

We were also advised you can't add after the visa is granted and have to start the process for the baby all over again. Glad we waited though and it hasn't added much waiting time on for us really either.

Jo
Old Apr 6th 2004, 7:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

steve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to allsteve-n-jo is a name known to all

[QUOTE]Originally posted by lynnj
Markeh

You have a couple of options, as you have already submitted your medicals you could go to oz once you get the visa and have the baby there, as pr visa holders you will be entitled to medicare and the baby will be australian (british by decent so dual nationality) so you dont have to apply for a visa for the baby.

Apparantly this isnt true....the baby is only an Australian Citizen if both parents had citizenship when it was born..not PR.
Stupidly if the baby is born in Australia, you will have to apply for a PR visa for the baby incurring exactly the same delays and costs as your visa. thats why it is far easier to delay things and just add one more person...
Old Apr 6th 2004, 7:25 pm
Just Joined

Default d

Originally posted by steve-n-jo
after the visa is granted and have to start the process for the baby all over again. Glad we waited though and it hasn't added much waiting time on for us really either.

Jo
So we will need to make a medical for baby and then wait another year just to get him a visa?
Old Apr 6th 2004, 7:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Default Re: d

Originally posted by Leonella
So we will need to make a medical for baby and then wait another year just to get him a visa?

We were told by our agent that you have to start the whole visa process again for the rug rat... but it just cant be that complicated.....ie it wont have schooling or a job.. so no paperwork there...no police check...so no paperwork there...it has to be straight forward....doesnt it ??????????

good luck
Old Apr 7th 2004, 4:12 am
BE Enthusiast

lynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant future

steve-n-jo

sorry to disagree with you but our baby was born 6 weeks ago and is an australian citizen, he has an aussie birth certificate and an aussie passport, he will also have british citizenship should we choose to apply for it as both parents are british.

lynn
Old Apr 7th 2004, 11:25 am
Ping Pong Wannabe

banjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud of

Originally posted by lynnj
steve-n-jo

sorry to disagree with you but our baby was born 6 weeks ago and is an australian citizen, he has an aussie birth certificate and an aussie passport, he will also have british citizenship should we choose to apply for it as both parents are british.

lynn

I'm glad you put this on there. I read the other post saying we had basically wasted our time and was about to burst into tears! I just had the baby last Tuesday and am missing friends and family all over again. I was thinking that we could have stayed longer after all.

Do you know how we go about applying for British docs for the baby?

How's your little Aussie doing by the way? Boy / girl? name?
Old Apr 7th 2004, 11:32 am
Me, 2 kids and the wife

clevs is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Falling pregnant during application?

Originally posted by markeh
Hi all,
does anyone know what happens to your visa application if you become pregnant after you've sent off the paperwork?

Anyone been in the same situation?

Thanks
Markeh

Hi Markeh

I fell pregnant during our paperwork, we had to write to the embassy explain and they put it on hold until after the baby was born, she was born in October 2001, I advised them in the November 2001 and it all started again we had our meds in July 03 and heard the we had our visas in the October 2003.

Good luck

Lara
Old Apr 7th 2004, 11:50 am
BE Enthusiast

lynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant future

Banjo

congrats on the baby, what did you get and can you sit down yet?
not sure on the paperwork stuff yet but i'll post when i get round to finding out, i'm only doing it so we can all travel on the same passports and not have 1 aussie and the rest brits.

Our wee one is a boy named indiana (indie for short) he is a real cutie, mind you i'm biased

Enjoy your little one when they are really little, it passes in a flash.

Lynn
Attached Thumbnails Falling pregnant during application?-grinner.jpg  
Old Apr 7th 2004, 3:48 pm
Just Joined

Originally posted by steve-n-jo
We were told by our agent that you have to start the whole visa process again for the rug rat... but it just cant be that complicated

Let's I do not agree with your agent.

Lets think logically as an example - situation
If familly was granted visa( case closed) and then wife fall pregnant

but

familly would only go to validate visas and return back to UK for another year or two to make all aggangements about house etc. and they still in UK and they give birth in UK - it will mean that they can't because case is closed and baby will be unable to enter OZ?

I do not think that this familly will need to start the whole proces again just because they was in UK when the baby was born.
Old Apr 7th 2004, 4:12 pm
Just Joined

Our wee one is a boy named indiana (indie for short) he is a real cutie, mind you i'm biased

Lynn

So sweet baby!!!!!

And happy!!!!!
Old Apr 7th 2004, 5:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

sjn2003 is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by Leonella
Let's I do not agree with your agent.

Lets think logically as an example - situation
If familly was granted visa( case closed) and then wife fall pregnant

but

familly would only go to validate visas and return back to UK for another year or two to make all aggangements about house etc. and they still in UK and they give birth in UK - it will mean that they can't because case is closed and baby will be unable to enter OZ?

I do not think that this familly will need to start the whole proces again just because they was in UK when the baby was born.
I think Steve-n-jo was saying that you would have to do a seperate visa application for the baby as a dependent not that you all would have to reapply. They will not reopen your visa application and add one person on.

Don't know whether thats fact but it would make sense. I don't know how long the process would take - not long as they don't have much to assess ! And you can always take the baby to Oz on a holiday visa.

Hope this helps
Old Apr 7th 2004, 5:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanx SJN that is what we meant......visa application for baby only. :lecture: but hey its only what we were told, we dont pretend to be experts....were just chattinng !!
Old Apr 10th 2004, 9:55 am
Ping Pong Wannabe

Banjo

congrats on the baby, what did you get and can you sit down yet?
not sure on the paperwork stuff yet but i'll post when i get round to finding out, i'm only doing it so we can all travel on the same passports and not have 1 aussie and the rest brits.

Enjoy your little one when they are really little, it passes in a flash.

Lynn

Indie is very cute....and that's a good name too. We settled on Tyler which doesn't seem to have impressed the grandparents. He's not into smiling just yet (apart from when he has a bit of wind) but I've attached a photo anyway. I had to have a cesarean - foetal distress - but we are both ok which is the main thing. So....sitting down is fine, it's coughing or sneezing that gives me a problem.

All the best.
Attached Thumbnails Falling pregnant during application?-tyler1.jpg