Reload this Page >

20 april trip need advice please

20 april trip need advice please

Old Apr 9th 2004, 6:04 pm
Forum Regular

marson will become famous soon enoughmarson will become famous soon enough
Question 20 april trip need advice please

Hi folks !
My Wife and I are travelling to Brisbane on the 20th April, we intend to have a look around Brisbane, then get an internal flight to Perth to look round there too. If we have time we will try to visit Sydney as well.

This is a tour to help us decide where to setup hope initially when (if ) we get there in a years' time.

So here's the point, if anyone has some good links or info for holiday rentals, internal flights or car rentals, please let me know.

Thanks folks.

Mike
Old Apr 9th 2004, 6:38 pm
Forum Regular

colinmorgan has a brilliant futurecolinmorgan has a brilliant futurecolinmorgan has a brilliant futurecolinmorgan has a brilliant futurecolinmorgan has a brilliant futurecolinmorgan has a brilliant future

Hi Mike,

I used www.wotif.com.au for accom, and www.rolorentacar.com.au for car rental in Brisbane.

Hope this helps.

Colin
Old Apr 9th 2004, 6:48 pm
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice
Default Re: 20 april trip need advice please

Originally posted by marson
Hi folks !
My Wife and I are travelling to Brisbane on the 20th April, we intend to have a look around Brisbane, then get an internal flight to Perth to look round there too. If we have time we will try to visit Sydney as well.

This is a tour to help us decide where to setup hope initially when (if ) we get there in a years' time.

So here's the point, if anyone has some good links or info for holiday rentals, internal flights or car rentals, please let me know.

Thanks folks.

Mike

www.qantas.com.au
www.virginblue.com.au

both the above do cheap domestic flights for Australia - just like Easyjet/Ryanair etc there are always cheap deals going on.

www.flightcentre.com.au has also always been really helpful for me.

all the usual hire cars operate over there, I used Avis as they were normally a very similar price to everywhere else but also I got Qantas frequent flyer points this way to, to put towards my Qantas domestic flights. Its worth noting as well (if you didnt know already!) that membership to Qantas is free if you apply from the UK (follow the link to the UK site from the above link)... could be useful for you
Old Apr 9th 2004, 6:52 pm
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice
Default Re: 20 april trip need advice please

Originally posted by mlbonner
www.qantas.com.au
www.virginblue.com.au

both the above do cheap domestic flights for Australia - just like Easyjet/Ryanair etc there are always cheap deals going on.

www.flightcentre.com.au has also always been really helpful for me.

all the usual hire cars operate over there, I used Avis as they were normally a very similar price to everywhere else but also I got Qantas frequent flyer points this way to, to put towards my Qantas domestic flights. Its worth noting as well (if you didnt know already!) that membership to Qantas is free if you apply from the UK (follow the link to the UK site from the above link)... could be useful for you

Here's the link for Qantas FF if you were interested

https://www.qantas.com.au/fflyer/dyns/joinff

Cheers
Old Apr 9th 2004, 9:06 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks very much, VirginBlue was cheapest and I got some good prices;

Brisbane to Perth $289 (£120) each

Perth to Sydney $149 (£62) each

Sydney to Brisbane $59 (£25) each

Now that was cheap !! all booked, no need to wait for tickets, it's all electronic.

OK thanks for the http://www.virginblue.com.au/menu/menu.html info !!

Now just accomadation and car hire to sort, thanks folks

Mike
Old Apr 9th 2004, 11:06 pm
Forum Regular

migrantoz is a jewel in the roughmigrantoz is a jewel in the roughmigrantoz is a jewel in the roughmigrantoz is a jewel in the roughmigrantoz is a jewel in the rough

Stayed here last year very close to CBD and a minutes walk to the River Cat. Nicely furnished apartments with nice views of the river and city.

http://www.kirribilliapartments.com.au/
Old Apr 10th 2004, 12:35 am
ABCDiamond

This car hire firm is only 3kms from Brisbane airport

http://www.idealrentalcars.com.au/
It says "Car Rental in Brisbane, hire a car for $35 per day, unlimited Klms"

I've never used them though.

How long are you going to be in Brisbane, and what type of accomodation are you looking for ? eg: Basic motel for 3 people , or something comfortable ?

Old Apr 10th 2004, 6:32 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by ABCDiamond
This car hire firm is only 3kms from Brisbane airport

http://www.idealrentalcars.com.au/
It says "Car Rental in Brisbane, hire a car for $35 per day, unlimited Klms"

I've never used them though.

How long are you going to be in Brisbane, and what type of accomodation are you looking for ? eg: Basic motel for 3 people , or something comfortable ?

Were only going there for a week, then off to perth, then off to sydney ! a right old rush around, a shame but I cant get the time off for more just yet.

Were going to get 1st hand info on the difference in house prices, wages, and job availability.

Just me and the wife going, we don't need any thing special, but not crappy.

we were thinking of a holiday apartment or house rental, but we may just go for motels.

Cheers for the info, it's really helping

Mike
Old Apr 10th 2004, 9:25 am
Forum Regular

paula m is an unknown quantity at this point

you may like to look up

www.mandurahmigrant.com.au

for when you are in Perth
Old Apr 10th 2004, 10:25 am
Paddington Brisbane

BKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the rough

Can recommend this place in Brisbane

http://www.springhillmews.com/

I've also been looking at www.rentnewcars.com.au they seem very reasonably, lots of people on here have recommended them too.

Good Luck