Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Extra excuses needed.....

Extra excuses needed.....

Old Nov 26th 2005, 9:02 am
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Extra excuses needed.....

Week after next we are moving to a lovely one - bedroomed apartment (rental) - partly so that my Mum cannot visit for at least a year.

We are worried that she may find a way to come anyway......

Anybody got any other possible excuses we can use....

Old Nov 26th 2005, 9:04 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Extra excuses needed.....

Originally Posted by carolinegorka
Week after next we are moving to a lovely one - bedroomed apartment (rental) - partly so that my Mum cannot visit for at least a year.

Yeah tell her me and Carl have a deal.............
Old Nov 26th 2005, 9:07 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by fraser
Yeah tell her me and Carl have a deal.............
You just reminded him !!

Why has neither of you said before.......am I next?? :scared:
Old Nov 26th 2005, 9:08 am
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute

You've both been quarantined because you have Chicken flu :scared:
Old Nov 26th 2005, 9:22 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by sme
You've both been quarantined because you have Chicken flu :scared:

Umm - as long as she doesn't start the 'mother hen' role
Old Nov 26th 2005, 9:25 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

.....am I next?? :scared:
Pending on good behaviour.
Old Nov 26th 2005, 9:27 am
Account Closed

Pending on good behaviour.

Can you not see my signature.....'angelic' ? (been called that )
Old Nov 26th 2005, 9:28 am

Can you not see my signature.....'angelic' ? (been called that )
Yeah by you
Old Nov 26th 2005, 9:28 am
BE Enthusiast

The Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to beholdThe Johnstons is a splendid one to behold

Could you tell her that you're both working all hours and the apartment is really tiny so you wouldn't be able to spend any time with her until you move to somewhere bigger? Either that or be completely blunt and say you don't want visitors as you want this time to completely settle. Things are always so complicated when parents are involved . Mine are driving me mad at the minute .

Good luck in your new life
TJ
Old Nov 26th 2005, 9:29 am
Banned

Location: I refuse to answer on the grounds it may incriminate me
Luke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond repute

Tell her youre tryin' for a baby
Old Nov 26th 2005, 9:29 am
Banned

menace has much to be proud ofmenace has much to be proud ofmenace has much to be proud ofmenace has much to be proud ofmenace has much to be proud ofmenace has much to be proud ofmenace has much to be proud ofmenace has much to be proud ofmenace has much to be proud ofmenace has much to be proud ofmenace has much to be proud of

Why not just tell her the truth? You are living in a one bedroom job and have no room for her, if she wants to come over and stay at a hotel that would be cool, no?
Old Nov 26th 2005, 9:35 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by The Johnstons
Could you tell her that you're both working all hours and the apartment is really tiny so you wouldn't be able to spend any time with her until you move to somewhere bigger? Either that or be completely blunt and say you don't want visitors as you want this time to completely settle. Things are always so complicated when parents are involved . Mine are driving me mad at the minute .

Good luck in your new life
TJ

I have been here for 11 months now.....and in the last 3 months have had my daughter over for 5 weeks, then went back to England for 2 weeks (and saw family) and then had my sister over for 4 weeks.

My Mum wanted to come over in February............and I need a break and get back to normal life !!
Old Nov 26th 2005, 9:36 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by menace
Why not just tell her the truth? You are living in a one bedroom job and have no room for her, if she wants to come over and stay at a hotel that would be cool, no?
No, I need no visitors for a year..

but will any Mum accept that/understand ?? Mine seems to having difficulties there..
Old Nov 26th 2005, 9:37 am
Banned

Location: I refuse to answer on the grounds it may incriminate me
Luke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond reputeLuke I Amyofath has a reputation beyond repute

Just tell 'em all that if they want to come over here youll give them the DIMIA form download addy
Old Nov 26th 2005, 9:38 am
Account Closed

Yeah by you
No, by PP

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.