Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Extra baggage on migration flights??

Extra baggage on migration flights??

Old Aug 4th 2005, 11:18 am
Welsh Member!!

GrantP is just really niceGrantP is just really niceGrantP is just really niceGrantP is just really niceGrantP is just really niceGrantP is just really niceGrantP is just really niceGrantP is just really niceGrantP is just really nice
Default Extra baggage on migration flights??

Hi!

I'm about to book flights, and I'm wondering who has managed to get extra baggage allowance (around 40KG) for their migration flight?? ...and with which airline??

Thanks for the info!
Grant
Old Aug 4th 2005, 11:20 am
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Extra baggage on migration flights??

Originally Posted by GrantP
Hi!

I'm about to book flights, and I'm wondering who has managed to get extra baggage allowance (around 40KG) for their migration flight?? ...and with which airline??

Thanks for the info!
Grant

grant, do a search. there's loads and loads and loads of threads on this. it depends on the airline, and which way round to get to australia. we need to tell the airline/travel agent right at the beginning, as not all airlines do 'migrant fares'
Old Aug 4th 2005, 12:15 pm
Nicest member ( I think)

meelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond repute

Hi!

Thanks for the info!
Grant
I flew with Emirates and they allow double the weight allowance ie 40kg instead of 20 kg if you are emmigrating. I told them at the airport cos my luggage was 30kg and then i found out about the extra weight allowance! Am now paying for the rest of my stuff to be shipped out that I had to leave behind in uk. Just show them a copy of the email of your visa.
Old Aug 4th 2005, 1:57 pm
Welsh Member!!

GrantP is just really niceGrantP is just really niceGrantP is just really niceGrantP is just really niceGrantP is just really niceGrantP is just really niceGrantP is just really niceGrantP is just really niceGrantP is just really nice

Originally Posted by meelie
I flew with Emirates and they allow double the weight allowance ie 40kg instead of 20 kg if you are emmigrating. I told them at the airport cos my luggage was 30kg and then i found out about the extra weight allowance! Am now paying for the rest of my stuff to be shipped out that I had to leave behind in uk. Just show them a copy of the email of your visa.

Oh?? ...I thought you had to approach the airline first and get them to agree to let you carry 40KG?? ....I'm surprised you got it at the desk on the day??

I've actually booked flights with Malaysia Airline now, and I was wondering if anyone had flown with them and got the extra baggage allowance??
Old Aug 4th 2005, 2:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

tabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to beholdtabby is a splendid one to behold

Oh?? ...I thought you had to approach the airline first and get them to agree to let you carry 40KG?? ....I'm surprised you got it at the desk on the day??

I've actually booked flights with Malaysia Airline now, and I was wondering if anyone had flown with them and got the extra baggage allowance??
We flew with Singapore Airlines in June and used our allowance. All we did was email the airline direct and kept a copy of the email they sent back. It said that unstamped PR visa's are allowed double allowance. At checkin they asked for the email to prove this, so beware!!
I assume most of the airlines rae the same, so just contact them direct, but make sure you get it in writing and take this with you in case they question it at the desk.
Good-Luck!!