Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

What will break next?

What will break next?

Old May 19th 2005, 1:31 pm
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light
Unhappy What will break next?

Aaaarrrgghhh, I'm sure the house knows we are leaving it!!!!!
Even though everything in our house is just over 2 years old (we bought all new when we moved in) everything is dying.
The washing machine has been tripping house out when it gets to a certain part of a certain cycle for a few weeks now.
Had engineer out 3 times since September for faults/leaks on boiler.
Posh iron died in January (1 year old) but this I don't mind as it means I can pay to get it done.
Then last night cooker tripped the house out, big part of grill element died!!
Nothing else before we sell, pleeeaaaseee!
Is this happening to anyone else?
Sarah
Old May 19th 2005, 1:33 pm

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: What will break next?

I know, it's a pain isnt it!

I broke the door off the tumble dryer the other week.....!
Old May 19th 2005, 2:01 pm
Breast Inspector

zx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by teach
Even though everything in our house is just over 2 years old (we bought all new when we moved in) everything is dying.
The washing machine has been tripping house out when it gets to a certain part of a certain cycle for a few weeks now.
Posh iron died in January (1 year old) but this I don't mind as it means I can pay to get it done.
Sarah
Our cooker has started to play up a bit. Your cooker is a bad influence on my cooker!
Old May 19th 2005, 2:02 pm
Account Closed

Nicstids is an unknown quantity at this point

Sarah
Yup!! We're selling house with the alarm system in situ and last night the alarm went off twice for no apparent reason. (Hoping that it was just a spider in front of the sensor!) We have got a maintenance contract on it but have been warned that, if anything major does go wrong with it, then we will have to buy a new system as ours is so old that it's obsolete! Plan to go home tonight and have a blitz on any cobwebs lurking in corners near the sensors
Old May 19th 2005, 2:05 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Funnily enough it seems to happen to a lot of people just before they leave the country!! I had a bust video recorder, microwave caught fire, and then I fell through a rotten floorboard in the bedroom!
Old May 19th 2005, 2:06 pm
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light

Sent you all some 'k' in the hope that your appliances behave.
Sarah
Old May 19th 2005, 2:28 pm

Sent you all some 'k' in the hope that your appliances behave.
Sarah
Thanks Sarah, was going to send you some earlier but given too much out today...
Old May 19th 2005, 2:32 pm
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

Sarah
Our washing machine and grill element of the cooker have both died recently too.

Our PC is playing up (it needs a few presses of the start button to get going)
One of the sockets in the garage won't work anymore either.

It always seems to work the opposite way with cars for me. When I decide I am going to sell one it suddenly starts behaving itself again. So I decide it will last a bit longer and it plays me up again.
Old May 19th 2005, 2:33 pm

Originally Posted by worzel

It always seems to work the opposite way with cars for me. When I decide I am going to sell one it suddenly starts behaving itself again. So I decide it will last a bit longer and it plays me up again.
me too!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old May 19th 2005, 2:56 pm
Forum Regular

Ian_H has a spectacular aura aboutIan_H has a spectacular aura aboutIan_H has a spectacular aura about

Sarah

OMG!!! Is your house spooked?! It's scary, and not fair. If I knew how to send Karma you would be getting loads.

Lets hope things turn round, nothing has seemed to have been easy for you.

Lets hope this is the last hurdle!!!

How is things going for you both, any nearer to the buyers signing the dotted line? We still haven't heard from our case officer, however we are taking your advice and sending the outstanding docs for the visa so fingers crossed.

And wait for it 'Yes' we are having the estate agent around, cos yes we are actually putting the house on the market!!! Bring it On!!! The misery starts here, so in a way you have completed one hurdle. Let's hope we are not far behind you!!!

Well fingers crossed nothing else goes wrong

Luv Carol
Old May 19th 2005, 3:56 pm
Forum Regular

vics has a spectacular aura aboutvics has a spectacular aura aboutvics has a spectacular aura about

A spring on our sofa broke the other day (....no comments about why it broke thank you ) I really love that sofa so I was a bit gutted when it happened .

But luckily it is still OK!!
Old May 19th 2005, 4:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond repute

Sent you some K Sarah my iron died today.....I have had it for 8yrs tho bloody thing could have lasted until we`ve gone!!

Sue
Old May 19th 2005, 5:07 pm
Loving it in Bundy

Originally Posted by Ian_H
OMG!!! Is your house spooked?! It's scary, and not fair. If I knew how to send Karma you would be getting loads.

Lets hope things turn round, nothing has seemed to have been easy for you.

Lets hope this is the last hurdle!!!

How is things going for you both, any nearer to the buyers signing the dotted line? We still haven't heard from our case officer, however we are taking your advice and sending the outstanding docs for the visa so fingers crossed.

And wait for it 'Yes' we are having the estate agent around, cos yes we are actually putting the house on the market!!! Bring it On!!! The misery starts here, so in a way you have completed one hurdle. Let's hope we are not far behind you!!!

Well fingers crossed nothing else goes wrong

Luv Carol
Hi Carol and Ian,
Good on you for arranging for estate agent to call.
To send karma you click on the blue box on the bottom left of someones post. You write a reason for sending, don't forget to add you name so they can give back if they wish.
Love and hugs
Sarah
Old May 19th 2005, 5:46 pm
Breast Inspector

zx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Carol and Ian,
Good on you for arranging for estate agent to call.
To send karma you click on the blue box on the bottom left of someones post. You write a reason for sending, don't forget to add you name so they can give back if they wish.
Love and hugs
Sarah
Sent Karma Sarah, first time i've done it. Please forgive me if I stuff it up.
Jim
Old May 19th 2005, 5:50 pm
Loving it in Bundy

Originally Posted by worzel
Our washing machine and grill element of the cooker have both died recently too.

Our PC is playing up (it needs a few presses of the start button to get going)
One of the sockets in the garage won't work anymore either.

Oh I forgot about pc. Had to have a new hard drive a few weeks back as mine died. Luckily Andrew's brother put an old one of his in to get us through as we are not taking it with us.

Cheers for k Jim
Sorry if I haven't k'd you, I've run out but will sort you out soon.
Sarah

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.