Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Extra baggage allowance with Emirates?

Extra baggage allowance with Emirates?

Old May 9th 2007, 9:50 am
WS

WS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond repute
Question Extra baggage allowance with Emirates?

We've booked our validation trip flights with Emirates, but its a return flight. Is it possible to get the double baggage allowance, and if so how would we do it??!

Thanks again x.
Old May 9th 2007, 9:54 am
Account Closed

Nomore is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Extra baggage allowance with Emirates?

Originally Posted by ws99
We've booked our validation trip flights with Emirates, but its a return flight. Is it possible to get the double baggage allowance, and if so how would we do it??!

Thanks again x.
We went with Emirates to validate our visa's and lost out on the 40kg's for when we actually emigrated for good. We had to ring them up and try and arrange more than 20kg's that we were allowed. In the end we got 32kg's each.

You must let them know your situation and pre-book your allowance.
Old May 9th 2007, 10:09 am
Visa granted member

Marcopolo is a name known to allMarcopolo is a name known to allMarcopolo is a name known to allMarcopolo is a name known to allMarcopolo is a name known to allMarcopolo is a name known to allMarcopolo is a name known to allMarcopolo is a name known to allMarcopolo is a name known to allMarcopolo is a name known to allMarcopolo is a name known to all

I had a small nightmare when changing my 20kgs to 40kgs or speaking to anyone for information. Because I booked my ticket on line, Emirates UK Tours would not speak to me. They did eventually when I went to the airport. They gave me a number to speak to someone in the UK.

Not sure if it will be of any use to you but I got this info:

Emirates Reservations
Riverside Court
Bollin Walk
Wilmslow
Cheshire
SK9 1DL

Tel: 01625 445288

Hope that helps,
Marc.
Old May 9th 2007, 11:50 am
Hillarys, Perth

h2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond reputeh2oskineil has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks again x.
We were overweight at check-in (totally our fault) Emirates wanted £700.00, so just be warned and don't make the same mistake.

Neil.
Old May 9th 2007, 12:07 pm
Forum Regular

cakeychef has a brilliant futurecakeychef has a brilliant futurecakeychef has a brilliant futurecakeychef has a brilliant futurecakeychef has a brilliant futurecakeychef has a brilliant futurecakeychef has a brilliant future

Thanks again x.
hi, my travel agent assured me i had the extra allowance, fortunately i phoned emirates form theit web site & apparently i didnt. i had to get the travel agant to re-confirm this as there was a third party booking company involved. i suggest you phone emirates & ask their advice- over anyone elses- good luck.
Old May 9th 2007, 12:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

john_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond repute

We used Emirates for our validation, so have lost out on the extra allowance once we do finally emigrate. I emailed them, their requirements for the extra KG's are : an unused entry visa on a one way flight with no stop over ( no leaving Dubai airport).
Old May 9th 2007, 2:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

DaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to allDaveandLinda is a name known to all

Originally Posted by john_w
We used Emirates for our validation, so have lost out on the extra allowance once we do finally emigrate. I emailed them, their requirements for the extra KG's are : an unused entry visa on a one way flight with no stop over ( no leaving Dubai airport).
When my daughter emigrated I understood that she lost out on the extra baggage allowance as she had a stopover in Dubai. If you fly without a stopover then it seems its OK.
Old May 9th 2007, 8:54 pm
WS

WS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond reputeWS has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks everyone