Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

I was ok half an hour ago..

I was ok half an hour ago..

Old May 8th 2007, 8:47 pm
pink 'n' bouncy

stuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond repute
Default I was ok half an hour ago..

getting set to put the house on the market then all of a sudden i'm having massive self doubts.....am i doing the right thing ? etc etc etc

Does anyone else have doubts that hit you from nowhere

Lee
Old May 8th 2007, 8:57 pm
Forum Regular

JAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond reputeJAYMAC has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I was ok half an hour ago..

Originally Posted by stuckinblighty
getting set to put the house on the market then all of a sudden i'm having massive self doubts.....am i doing the right thing ? etc etc etc

Lee
Virtually everyone has doubts as some point, some people have doubts from start to finish, its a normal reaction when you are planning something so huge.. but it is also very exciting

Whether it was the right or the wrong thing to do, to allay any doubts I had about the move, I put in the back of my mind that it was something I really wanted and I was going to do it but we agreed that if any of us werent happy within the first 6 months then we would turn straight back round and come home. I dont think I ever had any intention of coming back but I felt that we had a 'get out' clause albeit an expensive one, and this gave me the confidence to do it and knock back those niggly little doubts.

Julia x
Old May 8th 2007, 9:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

jules29 has much to be proud ofjules29 has much to be proud ofjules29 has much to be proud ofjules29 has much to be proud ofjules29 has much to be proud ofjules29 has much to be proud ofjules29 has much to be proud ofjules29 has much to be proud ofjules29 has much to be proud ofjules29 has much to be proud ofjules29 has much to be proud of

Definitely and it's usually little stupid things that set you off. I was packing all the kids winter clothes into a bag for charity the other week. There was loads of stuff - jumpers, cardis, coats etc. I was fine til I got to my 7 yr olds hat and scarf set - then I lost it. Started imagining not having a proper winter.Escalated to having no friends, not getting a job. I finally sat there thinking "I can't do this- I can't get on that plane" clutching a pink bobble hat

I called a friend, had a brew and 10 minutes later I would have swam to oz.

I think it must be perfectly normal but then again how many mad people actually think they're insane

Jules x
Old May 8th 2007, 9:02 pm
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute

Lee
Lee - I think we are on a parallel emigration trip
Our house is going on the market next week. When we bought the house 18 months ago OH wouldn't consider emigration so we thought we were in this house for the long haul. So We got a lovely 5 year fixed rate deal.
found out yesterday we have to pay £7000 exit fee
OH now doubting we are doing the right thing.
Old May 8th 2007, 9:03 pm
pink 'n' bouncy

stuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Julia

Its not that ive never had doubts,god knows i've had loads of them,its just the suddenness and the strength of the doubts that have scared me a bit.Maybe its the realisation of putting the house on the market next week thats getting to me a bit

Lee
Old May 8th 2007, 9:03 pm
Has left the building

Geelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond repute

Lee
Welcome to the club
Old May 8th 2007, 9:06 pm
pink 'n' bouncy

Originally Posted by Kapri
Lee - I think we are on a parallel emigration trip
Our house is going on the market next week. When we bought the house 18 months ago OH wouldn't consider emigration so we thought we were in this house for the long haul. So We got a lovely 5 year fixed rate deal.
found out yesterday we have to pay £7000 exit fee
OH now doubting we are doing the right thing.
Ummm yeah that sounds a bummer...but its only money (thats how i convince myself anyway )

Pm me if you wanna chat sometime about stuff

Lee
Old May 8th 2007, 9:06 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Lee
self doubts about what Lee, tell me about your childhood, how do you feel about being a woman stuck in a mans body? Talk to me......
Old May 8th 2007, 9:09 pm
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
self doubts about what Lee, tell me about your childhood, how do you feel about being a woman stuck in a mans body? Talk to me......
OOh hello you!
trust you to be thinking about women in mens bodies
Old May 8th 2007, 9:12 pm
pink 'n' bouncy

oi i'm trying to be bloody serious here

i'd love to be a man stuck in a womans body
Old May 8th 2007, 9:16 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

oi i'm trying to be bloody serious here
thats where I was obviously getting confused, I think you can see why I would!
Old May 8th 2007, 9:17 pm
Happy migrant

Ummm yeah that sounds a bummer...but its only money (thats how i convince myself anyway )

Pm me if you wanna chat sometime about stuff

Lee
Have PM'd you Lee
Old May 8th 2007, 9:19 pm
Straw Man.

Originally Posted by Kapri
OOh hello you!
trust you to be thinking about women in mens bodies
oooo hello you!

I prefer men IN womens bodies!
Old May 8th 2007, 9:24 pm
Happy migrant

oooo hello you!

Yes - I thought you might
Old May 8th 2007, 9:26 pm

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute

oooo hello you!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.