Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Extension? Anyone?

Extension? Anyone?

Old Sep 13th 2005, 3:43 pm
Here at last!!!

The Dove Family has a brilliant futureThe Dove Family has a brilliant futureThe Dove Family has a brilliant futureThe Dove Family has a brilliant futureThe Dove Family has a brilliant futureThe Dove Family has a brilliant future
Default Extension? Anyone?

Does anyone know if immigration allow extensions on the enter date into Australia? My step-daughter is now in year 11 and we have been told we might have to enter March 2006. This means she has exams in June 2006 so seems ashame to mess up her future. My husband and I will leave her here with grandparents so she can carry on with her final year. Has anyone been in this situation.
Old Sep 13th 2005, 3:54 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Extension? Anyone?

Originally Posted by The Dove Family
Does anyone know if immigration allow extensions on the enter date into Australia? My step-daughter is now in year 11 and we have been told we might have to enter March 2006. This means she has exams in June 2006 so seems ashame to mess up her future. My husband and I will leave her here with grandparents so she can carry on with her final year. Has anyone been in this situation.
Did you have your meds and PCC back in March this year then? I went out to validate in August - only went for five nights. I know it costs, but could you not go out for a few days in Feb half term?
Old Sep 13th 2005, 3:55 pm

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

I'm certainly no expert but i think the answer is usually not. Maybe someone else can offer definative advice. However, just a thought - can she not simply go with you on holiday and then come back 2 weeks later to finish school and then move finally once the exams all done and dusted ?
Old Sep 13th 2005, 3:57 pm
Forum Regular

Simoned1 is a name known to allSimoned1 is a name known to allSimoned1 is a name known to allSimoned1 is a name known to allSimoned1 is a name known to allSimoned1 is a name known to allSimoned1 is a name known to allSimoned1 is a name known to allSimoned1 is a name known to allSimoned1 is a name known to allSimoned1 is a name known to all
Smile Re: Extension? Anyone?

They are very strict about the dates and do not offer extensions, however did you know that you can go on hoiliday to activate the visa and then come back to the UK, its what alot of people do if they are waiting to sell there property.

Simone
Old Sep 13th 2005, 4:04 pm
Here at last!!!

The Dove Family has a brilliant futureThe Dove Family has a brilliant futureThe Dove Family has a brilliant futureThe Dove Family has a brilliant futureThe Dove Family has a brilliant futureThe Dove Family has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Did you have your meds and PCC back in March this year then? I went out to validate in August - only went for five nights. I know it costs, but could you not go out for a few days in Feb half term?
Yes we did have them done in March. I feel with two 3 year old twins it's just not fair on them having to take them over the Oz then back here again then back to Oz again !. Anyway hopefully the house will have sold by then. Just wanted to see what thoughts anyone had!!
Old Sep 13th 2005, 9:44 pm

biggy is an unknown quantity at this point

could you not all go over together, and maybe take a rellie with you(they could stay for a couple weeks) then come back to the UK with your step daughter once she has validated, or send her back on her tod if she is confident that way