Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Export a horse to OZ?

Export a horse to OZ?

Old Oct 4th 2006, 11:11 am
Forum Regular

kevnew1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Export a horse to OZ?

A friend is looking at the possibility of emmigrating to Oz but his better half has informed him its a non-starter if the family horse doesn't go aswell. Do any of you kind people have any information or contacts that could provide an insight to to the process or costs involved in exporting 16 hands tall, thoroughbred.
Many thanks

Kev
Old Oct 4th 2006, 12:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

whisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond reputewhisky has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Export a horse to OZ?

Originally Posted by kevnew1
A friend is looking at the possibility of emmigrating to Oz but his better half has informed him its a non-starter if the family horse doesn't go aswell. Do any of you kind people have any information or contacts that could provide an insight to to the process or costs involved in exporting 16 hands tall, thoroughbred.
Many thanks

Kev
I was looking at taking a 13.2 out 3 years ago and that was going to cost 7,500 pounds.

I sent a 15.2 back to the UK in May of this year and that cost me 10,500 dollars but had vet bills on top which includes blood tests and microchip.

whisky
Old Oct 6th 2006, 7:00 am
Forum Regular

kevnew1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: Export a horse to OZ?

Originally Posted by whisky
I was looking at taking a 13.2 out 3 years ago and that was going to cost 7,500 pounds.

I sent a 15.2 back to the UK in May of this year and that cost me 10,500 dollars but had vet bills on top which includes blood tests and microchip.

whisky
Many thanks for the information Whisky. Can you recommend any export companies that might provide this service? We are struggling to find any on the net.

Thanks again
Kev