Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Expected behaviour

Expected behaviour

Old Dec 3rd 2005, 4:09 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute
Default Expected behaviour

Boy do we still have a lot to learn!!! When we first got here we went to the beach with a towel each and bucket and spade for the little un. Everyone else had eski's. mats, chairs etc

Then last night we went to school for carols armed only with a few $ in our pocket. Again everyone turned up with rugs, chairs, eskis full of beer, wine glasses etc. But you can bet next time something like this happens we will go armed with this stuff and no one else will and they will look at us like weirdos.
Old Dec 3rd 2005, 5:12 am
BE Enthusiast

Ialibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond reputeIalibu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Expected behaviour

Originally Posted by worzel
Boy do we still have a lot to learn!!! When we first got here we went to the beach with a towel each and bucket and spade for the little un. Everyone else had eski's. mats, chairs etc

Then last night we went to school for carols armed only with a few $ in our pocket. Again everyone turned up with rugs, chairs, eskis full of beer, wine glasses etc. But you can bet next time something like this happens we will go armed with this stuff and no one else will and they will look at us like weirdos.
Life's a learning curve. When you stop they are driving the nails into your coffin.

I hope you haven't been caught the "Bring a plate" one
Old Dec 3rd 2005, 6:36 am
BE Forum Addict

mand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond repute

We found the same with sports day. We turned up with a few packed sarnies and bottles of pop in a bag and there was everyone else with their rugs, chairs, eskis........all set for the day. We were surprised at how many parents supported it. We will be prepared next year.
Old Dec 3rd 2005, 9:14 am

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ialibu
Life's a learning curve. When you stop they are driving the nails into your coffin.

I hope you haven't been caught the "Bring a plate" one

Just what does that mean? 'bring a plate' throughout the kids school holidays the kindy have organised a few events & on several days on the programe it says 'bring a plate' now is it a few sandwiches,biscuits etc...? just what do i put on her plate? Im dreading asking one of the parents they already look at me as if im an alien & cant understand a word i say

Donna.
Old Dec 3rd 2005, 9:48 am
home again, home again

janeyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud of

It's like the time my daughter had to bring cakes into school. We only remembered the night before so nipped to the supermarket and bought some. The next morning I went in and 'ALL' the mothers had bought in home made cakes :scared:

There were all these lovely home made cakes laid out on the table and then two packets of cakes left unopened in their wrappers!!!!!!! Yes...my cakes

When my daughter came home that evening she said at the end of the day my cakes were the only ones left Ungrateful lot I say!!

As if I had time to make cakes!!!
Old Dec 3rd 2005, 9:57 am

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by janeyray
It's like the time my daughter had to bring cakes into school. We only remembered the night before so nipped to the supermarket and bought some. The next morning I went in and 'ALL' the mothers had bought in home made cakes :scared:

There were all these lovely home made cakes laid out on the table and then two packets of cakes left unopened in their wrappers!!!!!!! Yes...my cakes

When my daughter came home that evening she said at the end of the day my cakes were the only ones left Ungrateful lot I say!!

As if I had time to make cakes!!!

Dont ya just love it the way the kids tell you about it, no shame they make you feel so bad for ages about it too,....yeah remember mum when you.....!!!

Donna.
Old Dec 3rd 2005, 3:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud ofLordflasheart has much to be proud of

I guess that's like the guy who turned up at an "Elvis" fancy dress party dressed as a pixie. He'd read the invite as "Elves" fancy dress party.

Like the idea of everything involving beer though.

If that happened at my boy's school, the head would probably get heckled by a bunch of pi**ed up parents.
Old Dec 3rd 2005, 4:18 pm
NorthLakes, Brissy

wargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by madsad
Just what does that mean? 'bring a plate' throughout the kids school holidays the kindy have organised a few events & on several days on the programe it says 'bring a plate' now is it a few sandwiches,biscuits etc...? just what do i put on her plate? Im dreading asking one of the parents they already look at me as if im an alien & cant understand a word i say
Donna.
Bring a plate means exactly that, bring a plate:

Everyone brings a plate and sits in a circle commenting on how nice their plate is, course i could be lying too