Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Another removal question

Another removal question

Old Nov 16th 2005, 11:55 am
Forum Regular

fox's2oz is just really nicefox's2oz is just really nicefox's2oz is just really nicefox's2oz is just really nicefox's2oz is just really nicefox's2oz is just really nicefox's2oz is just really nicefox's2oz is just really nicefox's2oz is just really nicefox's2oz is just really nicefox's2oz is just really nice
Default Another removal question

Wondering if it is worth taking our mountain bikes(2 adult average value 1 childs ) as i've heard they can cause hold ups and extra cost with AQIS.

Steve
Old Nov 16th 2005, 12:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

marco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Another removal question

Originally Posted by fox's2oz
Wondering if it is worth taking our mountain bikes(2 adult average value 1 childs ) as i've heard they can cause hold ups and extra cost with AQIS.

Steve
I'm sure they only cause problems if they've not been cleaned properly. Just make sure there are NO TRACES of soil on them.

Have a look at the AQIS Website. Enter "bicycle" and it will tell you what you need to do.
Old Nov 16th 2005, 12:15 pm
Forum Regular

Secretsquirral has a spectacular aura aboutSecretsquirral has a spectacular aura aboutSecretsquirral has a spectacular aura about

Steve
We took ours with no problems - just follow the cleaning guidelines.

Debbie
Old Nov 16th 2005, 12:24 pm
Forum Regular

fox's2oz is just really nicefox's2oz is just really nicefox's2oz is just really nicefox's2oz is just really nicefox's2oz is just really nicefox's2oz is just really nicefox's2oz is just really nicefox's2oz is just really nicefox's2oz is just really nicefox's2oz is just really nicefox's2oz is just really nice

Originally Posted by Secretsquirral
We took ours with no problems - just follow the cleaning guidelines.

Debbie
Thanks for the advice. What companies did you use? We're getting quotes from Pss and John Mason.

Steve
Old Nov 16th 2005, 6:32 pm
Forum Regular

Secretsquirral has a spectacular aura aboutSecretsquirral has a spectacular aura aboutSecretsquirral has a spectacular aura about

Thanks for the advice. What companies did you use? We're getting quotes from Pss and John Mason.

Steve
Hi Steve,

We used John mason - cheap. very helpful and not one item arrived broken. I would highly recommend based on the service we had.

Debbie
Old Nov 16th 2005, 8:38 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Secretsquirral
Hi Steve,

We used John mason - cheap. very helpful and not one item arrived broken. I would highly recommend based on the service we had.

Debbie

Thanks Debbie

Steve
Old Nov 16th 2005, 10:05 pm

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point

We used Pickfords - had no problems with them. Stuff is due next week so I might change my mind if 50% of our kit is fu..broken when it gets here. On the mountain bikes, someone on here ages ago paid to have them cleaned in the UK, AQIS still pulled them out and offered to clean them properly for $500 or you could pay for them to be 'disposed of' for --- $500. We just bought one for the kid - a Giant MTX 21 gear thing for $400 and 2 good adult Giant ones with suspension, disc brakes etc would be around $1800 for the pair. If yours are getting on it might be worth thinking about donating them and getting some shiny new ones over here?
Old Nov 19th 2005, 10:18 am
Just Joined

kim webster is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Coles or Removal Group

Hi

Has anyone used either Coles or Removal group to ship there goods out to Oz?

I have had quotes from both & they have both dropping there prices & have rung me several times to see if i have made up my mind.

Feel like they are desperate for the job!!!! but unsure if anyone out there has had bad experience with either????

Any feedback would be VERY appreciated!!!
Old Dec 3rd 2005, 12:35 am
Just Joined

markfisher61 is an unknown quantity at this point

Removal Group - AVOID, AVOID, AVOID

Yes, they ring incessantly until they get the job, after that they move at snail's pace, never call back and rarely answer mails.

What can I say?

Abysmal, not cheap.....the full story is a long one and I don't have
time here, but if anyone wants to email me....

London to Perth - asked for 20' sole container, got groupage = 5 week
delay.

Wrongly advised me of arrival date = 4 weeks hotel bills in Perth

Use a "trading as" name then when you ask their real name (so you can
sue) they refuse to give it - this is an offence under the Business
Names Act 1985 (if anyone has this info, I'd appreciate it if you could send it to me by email: [email protected])

Damaged approximately 1/3 of my goods as they did not repack them as
instructed, nor was export wrapping (where it existed) adequate

Were supposed to unpack everything at destination - did not, only
larger items.

The quote for about 850 cu. ft from London was GBP 3550 - not
particularly cheap.

Try Excess International - I have used them in the past for smaller
shipments and they have been good - never tried them for a container
load. I did not use them this time because they were a bit unresponsive
during the quoting process - I definitely made a mistake using the
Removal Group.

Clearly they have no experience of shipments to Western Australia -
they did not even appoint a customs agent until 1 day AFTER my goods
arrived, despite having three months to find one!

They offered me (only after two weeks of threats of legal action) 250
pounds compensation! my hotel bills alone were double this.

Once again - AVOID, AVOID, AVOID!

PS Note they do not belong to FIDI or BAR - not surprising!
Originally Posted by kim webster
Hi

Has anyone used either Coles or Removal group to ship there goods out to Oz?

I have had quotes from both & they have both dropping there prices & have rung me several times to see if i have made up my mind.

Feel like they are desperate for the job!!!! but unsure if anyone out there has had bad experience with either????

Any feedback would be VERY appreciated!!!
Old Dec 3rd 2005, 12:55 am
BE Forum Addict

karenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud ofkarenjc has much to be proud of

We bought ours cleaned with jeyes fluid and stated that in details - must admit couldn't be arsed to clean tyres so replaced them at bike shop for £25. Best money I spent!!!! Came through no probs.
Karen x
Old Dec 3rd 2005, 2:31 am
Finding a way out........

uktruckie is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by karenjc
We bought ours cleaned with jeyes fluid and stated that in details - must admit couldn't be arsed to clean tyres so replaced them at bike shop for £25. Best money I spent!!!! Came through no probs.
Karen x
When I worked for a removal company it was strick policy to wipe down all outside items which may have got dirty. Bikes, spades, etc. That was before we export wrapped it with a purpose built bike envelope and jiffy wrapped it. If the removal company just jiffy wrapps it it is not enough. The bike pedals if not taken of will tear through and damage something else.

John Mason is a very well established company
Old Dec 3rd 2005, 3:46 am
Just Joined

My bike pedals were reversed to avoid this problem.

But never fear, The Removal Group still found a way to damage the bike - mudguards, lamp bracket and dynamo bracket all bent, and the paintwork scraped.

Originally Posted by uktruckie
When I worked for a removal company it was strick policy to wipe down all outside items which may have got dirty. Bikes, spades, etc. That was before we export wrapped it with a purpose built bike envelope and jiffy wrapped it. If the removal company just jiffy wrapps it it is not enough. The bike pedals if not taken of will tear through and damage something else.

John Mason is a very well established company
Old Dec 3rd 2005, 3:48 am
Finding a way out........

uktruckie is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by markfisher61
My bike pedals were reversed to avoid this problem.

But never fear, The Removal Group still found a way to damage the bike - mudguards, lamp bracket and dynamo bracket all bent, and the paintwork scraped.
Looks like a claim is in order
Old Dec 3rd 2005, 3:16 pm
Just Joined

kim webster is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi
Thanks for the reply!
I have got The Removal Group to send our goods to Oz.
Could i ask if when they moved you did they sub-contracted out an international removal company, cause they have told me & i have rung this firm (called Dory Bonner-think that is how u spell it) & they are registered with BAR & have confirmed they have booked us in, but now PRETTY worried!!!
There site looks impressive on line (Bonner not The removal group). But like i say worried i have chose wrong one & they come this TUESDAY!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by markfisher61
Removal Group - AVOID, AVOID, AVOID

Yes, they ring incessantly until they get the job, after that they move at snail's pace, never call back and rarely answer mails.

What can I say?

Abysmal, not cheap.....the full story is a long one and I don't have
time here, but if anyone wants to email me....

London to Perth - asked for 20' sole container, got groupage = 5 week
delay.

Wrongly advised me of arrival date = 4 weeks hotel bills in Perth

Use a "trading as" name then when you ask their real name (so you can
sue) they refuse to give it - this is an offence under the Business
Names Act 1985 (if anyone has this info, I'd appreciate it if you could send it to me by email: [email protected])

Damaged approximately 1/3 of my goods as they did not repack them as
instructed, nor was export wrapping (where it existed) adequate

Were supposed to unpack everything at destination - did not, only
larger items.

The quote for about 850 cu. ft from London was GBP 3550 - not
particularly cheap.

Try Excess International - I have used them in the past for smaller
shipments and they have been good - never tried them for a container
load. I did not use them this time because they were a bit unresponsive
during the quoting process - I definitely made a mistake using the
Removal Group.

Clearly they have no experience of shipments to Western Australia -
they did not even appoint a customs agent until 1 day AFTER my goods
arrived, despite having three months to find one!

They offered me (only after two weeks of threats of legal action) 250
pounds compensation! my hotel bills alone were double this.

Once again - AVOID, AVOID, AVOID!

PS Note they do not belong to FIDI or BAR - not surprising!
Old Dec 3rd 2005, 3:50 pm
Just Joined

No, they used a separate company for every step of the way.

One for UK removal, another for shipping, another to deliver to Australia and a fourth to handle Australian customs.

The whole thing was a mess from start to finish. It even took 6 weeks for them to tell me what ships my goods were on, and even that they got only half right (they told me the ship was going all the way from Felixstowe to Perth, when in fact the container was transshipped in Singapore).

Please let me know how you get on.

Originally Posted by kim webster
Hi
Thanks for the reply!
I have got The Removal Group to send our goods to Oz.
Could i ask if when they moved you did they sub-contracted out an international removal company, cause they have told me & i have rung this firm (called Dory Bonner-think that is how u spell it) & they are registered with BAR & have confirmed they have booked us in, but now PRETTY worried!!!
There site looks impressive on line (Bonner not The removal group). But like i say worried i have chose wrong one & they come this TUESDAY!!!!!!!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.