Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Excuse me please

Excuse me please

Old Jul 5th 2004, 6:03 pm
Forum Regular

shol is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Excuse me please

At the risk of sounding very ignorant,could someone tell me what a state nominated visa is?We are TRA approved,but lost our sponsor(designated area)and its been suggested we might be able to try this way.
Old Jul 5th 2004, 6:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

nosuchluck is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Excuse me please

Shol, as far as i know the relevant government sponsor so many peeps a year, people they need like: plasterers for instance, this could be a good way for you too get to Australia although as i said i don't know too much about it, maybe someone else could shed some light for you
Rach x
Old Jul 5th 2004, 6:34 pm
Forum Regular

Handyandy180 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Excuse me please

Originally posted by shol
At the risk of sounding very ignorant,could someone tell me what a state nominated visa is?We are TRA approved,but lost our sponsor(designated area)and its been suggested we might be able to try this way.
Shol
I too am in the same boat (bailing out fast and getting wet feet) We lost out when the point system was raised. Have no fear though u can still go but with conditions. Tasmania, South Australia and Victoria are the states that can sponsor you. Providing you have approval for your trade they will consider you (I think). We managed our own TRA forms but then decided to get help with the rest GoMatilda is helping with ours and very good they seem to be. It takes a lot of stress away, knowing that someone has the answers.
Once accepted by your nominated state you have to remanin in that state for two years. Hell we fancied Brisbane at first but would have settled for the top of Uluru!!!!
Hope this helps?
good luck to all that are trying
Regards Chris and Andrea