Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Exchange rate on the rise............

Exchange rate on the rise............

Old Dec 4th 2006, 5:44 am
Karma earned, not whored

CadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Exchange rate on the rise............

Originally Posted by iPom
I don't know but I'll have a look on the site now.
http://www.hifx.co.uk/members/quotes.asp

251.59 now at 3.44 Perth time.
Old Dec 4th 2006, 5:46 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rodders39
In a similar vein has everyone been looking at the USD/GBP rate... Nudging $2 to £1...

I saw on the BBC news site that BA have laid on an extra 2 planes to cope with all the people going over to do their Christmas shopping...
Yeah, and it looks like customs and excise have laid on a whole load of extra staff to catch people bringing back more that thier massive £145 duty free amount...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6202228.stm

Spoilsports...

S
Old Dec 4th 2006, 9:29 am
Live it not dream it!!

happy chappy is a glorious beacon of lighthappy chappy is a glorious beacon of lighthappy chappy is a glorious beacon of lighthappy chappy is a glorious beacon of lighthappy chappy is a glorious beacon of lighthappy chappy is a glorious beacon of lighthappy chappy is a glorious beacon of lighthappy chappy is a glorious beacon of lighthappy chappy is a glorious beacon of lighthappy chappy is a glorious beacon of lighthappy chappy is a glorious beacon of light

If you go to Moneycorp's website http://www.moneycorp.com they have a live price graph so you can sit there watching the price change by the second. Be careful though as when you have a large amount of money to change up it can be highly addictive. You start out just sneeking a look and before you know it you can't go past the PC without a hit
Old Dec 4th 2006, 9:30 am
A rather curious boy

busterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by happy chappy
If you go to Moneycorp's website http://www.moneycorp.com they have a live price graph so you can sit there watching the price change by the second. Be careful though as when you have a large amount of money to change up it can be highly addictive. You start out just sneeking a look and before you know it you can't go past the PC without a hit

I feel like that about BE!
Old Dec 4th 2006, 11:19 am
is happy to be here :)

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wafc
Well its at 2.50 now, I've just transferred over some funds with Ozforex and got approx 2.48 (as obviously they have to take out their small share), so not bad at all, long may it continue!!
The rate was advertised on Ozforex site as 2.50 today, and I was really surprised when I signed in and it was still 2.50.

When I phoned them I was told 2.50 also, but didn't have my funds transferred yet so couldn't do it today

Lets hope it stays like this for a few days
Old Dec 4th 2006, 10:25 pm
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Tiawamutu
The rate was advertised on Ozforex site as 2.50 today, and I was really surprised when I signed in and it was still 2.50.

When I phoned them I was told 2.50 also, but didn't have my funds transferred yet so couldn't do it today

Lets hope it stays like this for a few days

Ime, it fluctuates all the time. I was told that it would rise towards Christmas, but that depends on public spending I suppose, and market confidence.
I transfered one at the end of August at 2.513 and that was good. When you're transfering a few thousand, it can make a big difference.