Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Is Perth safe for cats?

Is Perth safe for cats?

Old Dec 4th 2006, 6:21 am
Now in Perth and lovin it

Pookster is just really nicePookster is just really nicePookster is just really nicePookster is just really nicePookster is just really nicePookster is just really nicePookster is just really nicePookster is just really nicePookster is just really nicePookster is just really nice
Default Is Perth safe for cats?

Hi all, the time is getting closer, our cats are already in Oz!

I've been thinking with all the dodgy spiders etc and cats being so inquisitive, do many expats end up having excats? :scared:

Soon be in Perth!!!!
Old Dec 4th 2006, 6:50 am
Banned

Lord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Is Perth safe for cats?

Originally Posted by Pookster
Hi all, the time is getting closer, our cats are already in Oz!

I've been thinking with all the dodgy spiders etc and cats being so inquisitive, do many expats end up having excats? :scared:

Soon be in Perth!!!!
someone a few days ago said how he spent a fortune to get his two cats to OZ then a few weeks there they both disappeared never seen again, but he lived on an acreage not a suburban place.
Old Dec 4th 2006, 6:53 am
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute

No but it is............cool for cats

*sorry* -I don't know the answer but I'm sure they'll love basking in this sun !
Old Dec 4th 2006, 7:01 am
Now in Perth and lovin it

Pookster is just really nicePookster is just really nicePookster is just really nicePookster is just really nicePookster is just really nicePookster is just really nicePookster is just really nicePookster is just really nicePookster is just really nicePookster is just really nice

Originally Posted by sme
No but it is............cool for cats

*sorry* -I don't know the answer but I'm sure they'll love basking in this sun !

I bet they will seeing as they're both black!
Old Dec 4th 2006, 7:42 am
Banned

Wife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond reputeWife Beater has a reputation beyond repute

The Aussie's love their cats you know. they even take great care when carrying them about.

Old Dec 4th 2006, 11:06 am
Account Closed

sassycat is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Wife Beater
The Aussie's love their cats you know. they even take great care when carrying them about.

OMG :scared:

Trust You
Old Dec 4th 2006, 11:14 am
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

Cats are fine...............as long as they dont come in my garden!!! My two pups like nothing better than chasing a cat around the place!!!

Just be careful with the cat lying in the sun during the day, have seen a lot of cats being treated for skin cancer!!!
Old Dec 4th 2006, 11:21 am
www.perthcrest.com.au

The Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud ofThe Vallies has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by sj oldfield
Cats are fine...............as long as they dont come in my garden!!! My two pups like nothing better than chasing a cat around the place!!!

Just be careful with the cat lying in the sun during the day, have seen a lot of cats being treated for skin cancer!!!

We bought over our 4 cats, and they are in heaven!!! They laze around the pool most of the day, but we do lock them up at night (dont want them bringing in nasties while we are asleep!!).

Old Dec 4th 2006, 11:25 am
Account Closed

Nomore is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by The Vallies
We bought over our 4 cats, and they are in heaven!!! They laze around the pool most of the day, but we do lock them up at night (dont want them bringing in nasties while we are asleep!!).

nasties...love it
We bought a cat here in Perth...she has just had her first fight with the neighbours cat..i'm gonna kick it up the arse when i see it!
Old Dec 4th 2006, 11:44 am
small steps long journey

seang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond repute

I suppose once they take taxi's late at night and dont accept lifts from strangers they should be fine.
Old Dec 4th 2006, 11:50 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sj oldfield

Ive heard about the skin cancer problem.

My Gordon will be an indoor cat anyway when he gets to Perth so that will be one less thing to worry about.
Old Dec 4th 2006, 12:05 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Professional Princess

My Gordon will be an indoor cat anyway when he gets to Perth so that will be one less thing to worry about.
hye pp, i love gordon's christmas hat and good news to hear that he's going with you to perth as last i knew he was staying put
Old Dec 4th 2006, 5:02 pm

FluffyTheCampfireSlayer is an unknown quantity at this point

eeeewwwww! Do you mean you'll let him poop in the house? :scared:
Old Dec 4th 2006, 6:43 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by FluffyTheCampfireSlayer
eeeewwwww! Do you mean you'll let him poop in the house? :scared:

Hes always been an indoor cat due to an eye condition he carries.

But I wouldnt let him out in Australia anyway. I think its irresponsible to allow your cat to kill the wildlife in my opinion and say 'oh its nature for them to kill possums, parrots etc. ' .

He has a huge litter tray which gets cleaned out every day.

But I do wish he would learn to use the toilet like the rest of us.
Old Dec 4th 2006, 10:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond reputePomster has a reputation beyond repute

But I do wish he would learn to use the toilet like the rest of us.
some Aussie invented a sort of cat toilet seat thing (bit like the plastic seat minimizers you get for little kids) to help cats not need a litter tray. It seems to work- but unfortunately flushing is still a problem with no opposible thumb.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.