Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Exchange rate continues to Rise ...

Exchange rate continues to Rise ...

Old Dec 15th 2004, 7:32 pm
GLR
Forum Regular

GLR is a jewel in the roughGLR is a jewel in the roughGLR is a jewel in the roughGLR is a jewel in the roughGLR is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Exchange rate continues to Rise ...

Originally Posted by darkless
Hi Jim

Sign up for an account - nowt to lose - at the end of the day you dont have to use them. Simple sign-up process - complete the online forms and fax over a copy of your birth certificate. Give it until the next day (allowing for the time diff in NZ) and Bob's your uncle.

Watch the rates all day - compare with others and make the contract online if you like the price.

Incidentally I have no affiliaion with this company - i saw someone post about them the other day, liked the sound of the XR, thought I would give it ago. Spent a couple of days worrying if they were cowboys, but am pleased to discover they are not and for me were very professional and quick in what they do.

Dave
Does any one have any info. on their credentials e.g registered with NZ financial authorities, trading for x years, listed co. etc?

I'm sure that they are kosher however hard facts such as the above would make me sleep easier on the nights when my money has left my UK bank acc. and is in their NZ acc. It's a long way to go to complain... ;-)

Cheers

GLR
Old Dec 15th 2004, 7:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

darkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant futuredarkless has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by GLR
Does any one have any info. on their credentials e.g registered with NZ financial authorities, trading for x years, listed co. etc?

I'm sure that they are kosher however hard facts such as the above would make me sleep easier on the nights when my money has left my UK bank acc. and is in their NZ acc. It's a long way to go to complain... ;-)

Cheers

GLR

I don't, but i know that the money only took 24 hours from arriving in their UK account to being in my OZ account. They kept me uptodate by email and I was relaxed about the process.

This is just one experience however, so you should only do what you feel comfortable with
Old Dec 16th 2004, 2:24 pm
Banned

Ozbound7 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by parkhigh
Are you saying HIFX will rollover the settlement date at NO COST indeffinately....What if you cant sell your house or dont want to sell the house if your personal circumstances change...Surely the trade has to be settled at some stage.
Hi
I asked Justin my trader the exact same question. Hifx state they will roll over upto 18 months. I have requested a forward contract for 2 months as i hope the exchange on my house will happen before xmas but if it doesnt than i can just call them and ask for the money to be ready later when i have sold my house.

If you decide to not have the currency you can ask them to sell it for you say the rate flattens out again to 2.30 then i will make a profit as i bought it for 2.5432, however if it peaks and i sell i could lose out. it is risky but i dont intend to not have the dollars its just a waiting game. Anyway this is how i understood it others may tell you different.
irene[/QUOTE]

I was told that I could roll over for 2 years not 18 months. Are you sure that you have the option of HIFX selling the currency for you? I thought their contract made no mention of this?

Regards