Exchange Rate

Old Aug 16th 2007, 10:07 am
Banned

Nursebank will become famous soon enoughNursebank will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Exchange Rate

1,000.00 British Pounds = 2,497.86 Australian Dollars

http://www.ozforex.com.au/cgi-bin/convert.asp
Old Aug 16th 2007, 10:09 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

There ya go!

Old Aug 16th 2007, 10:10 am
DownUnder

datamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond repute

Use oxforex or moneycorp or hifx if you are registered with them, they will give you 1.5-1 c of the interbank rate.

2.51 now !!! bugger yesterday money change.
Old Aug 16th 2007, 10:12 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

I used www.tranzfers.com

I think they are part of Ozforex and I always thought the rates they offered were great.
Old Aug 16th 2007, 10:14 am
I am the walrus.. face it

carlosthegerbil has much to be proud ofcarlosthegerbil has much to be proud ofcarlosthegerbil has much to be proud ofcarlosthegerbil has much to be proud ofcarlosthegerbil has much to be proud ofcarlosthegerbil has much to be proud ofcarlosthegerbil has much to be proud ofcarlosthegerbil has much to be proud ofcarlosthegerbil has much to be proud ofcarlosthegerbil has much to be proud ofcarlosthegerbil has much to be proud of

This is incredible. 2.51

Why o why do I not have my money from my house sale yet... damn it!
Old Aug 16th 2007, 10:30 am
Going going.........

Little miss reub is a name known to allLittle miss reub is a name known to allLittle miss reub is a name known to allLittle miss reub is a name known to allLittle miss reub is a name known to allLittle miss reub is a name known to allLittle miss reub is a name known to allLittle miss reub is a name known to allLittle miss reub is a name known to allLittle miss reub is a name known to allLittle miss reub is a name known to all

Why do i have my house money locked in to a fixed rate bank account for 3 months:curse:
Old Aug 16th 2007, 10:38 am

carlosthegerbil has much to be proud ofcarlosthegerbil has much to be proud ofcarlosthegerbil has much to be proud ofcarlosthegerbil has much to be proud ofcarlosthegerbil has much to be proud ofcarlosthegerbil has much to be proud ofcarlosthegerbil has much to be proud ofcarlosthegerbil has much to be proud ofcarlosthegerbil has much to be proud ofcarlosthegerbil has much to be proud ofcarlosthegerbil has much to be proud of

I know frustrating isn't it?

2.52 now.

I reckon it could do 10c in a day.. that's nuts!
Old Aug 16th 2007, 10:40 am
BE Enthusiast

mickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by carlosthegerbil
I know frustrating isn't it?

2.52 now.

I reckon it could do 10c in a day.. that's nuts!
Why the **** is this happening, will it not fall just as fast. Oz interest rates go up then the exhange rate should favour oz, but its gone the other way, Idont understand
Old Aug 16th 2007, 10:43 am
Frequent Flyer Member

Originally Posted by mickagnew
Why the **** is this happening, will it not fall just as fast. Oz interest rates go up then the exhange rate should favour oz, but its gone the other way, Idont understand
The pound seems to be pretty stable against the USD and it looks like this is particular to the aussie dollar (and kiwi) getting sold off.

I reckon Aus is more susceptible to interest rates than the UK because people here are encouraged to have so much debt with the tax system / multiple investment properties. So when all this sub-prime lending stuff spooks the markets its an even bigger concern for Oz.
Old Aug 16th 2007, 10:45 am
no longer searching

walaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mickagnew
re my post #67 for some reasons why - it is a lot more complicated than just interest rates
Old Aug 16th 2007, 11:20 am
Forum Regular

BrisbaneBound2008 will become famous soon enough

Just called Barclays - they can do 2.4897 today and tomorrows rate will be 2.4895 - how can they already have a spot rate for tomorrow?????
Old Aug 16th 2007, 11:23 am
BE Enthusiast

mickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by BrisbaneBound2008
Just called Barclays - they can do 2.4897 today and tomorrows rate will be 2.4895 - how can they already have a spot rate for tomorrow?????
Sorry to change subjest but where in herts are you, we are having a meet up soon if you are interested

Mick
Old Aug 16th 2007, 11:28 am
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute

That's crap - Ozforex would do you 2.52 right now.

Buzzy
Old Aug 16th 2007, 11:31 am

Do we think it will stay this high for some time to come?
Old Aug 16th 2007, 11:32 am
Just Joined

BarneyBoy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by carlosthegerbil
This is incredible. 2.51

Why o why do I not have my money from my house sale yet... damn it!
You can lock this rate for a future time. All you need is 5% deposit. See forward trades on the OzForex site

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.