Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Excess baggage co??

Excess baggage co??

Old Nov 20th 2005, 8:13 pm
Just Joined

cockneychris is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Excess baggage co??

Anyone used excess baggage co for shipping??
Any recommendations??
Cheers
Chris.
Old Nov 20th 2005, 8:22 pm
Paddington Brisbane

BKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the roughBKate is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Excess baggage co??

Hi Chris,

I used Excess Baggage to fly some boxes over from the UK in July. The UK end were fantastic,very efficient. The company they use this end in Brisbane were useless just didn't have they act together, the UK end knew more about where my stuff was in brisbane than they did!! I won't use them again but only because of the Brisbane agent. I'll be using seven seas to send stuff home by air.
Old Nov 20th 2005, 10:00 pm
It's got to be purple....

wsbtroyno21 has a reputation beyond reputewsbtroyno21 has a reputation beyond reputewsbtroyno21 has a reputation beyond reputewsbtroyno21 has a reputation beyond reputewsbtroyno21 has a reputation beyond reputewsbtroyno21 has a reputation beyond reputewsbtroyno21 has a reputation beyond reputewsbtroyno21 has a reputation beyond reputewsbtroyno21 has a reputation beyond reputewsbtroyno21 has a reputation beyond reputewsbtroyno21 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cockneychris
Anyone used excess baggage co for shipping??
Any recommendations??
Cheers
Chris.

We used www.sevenseasworldwide.com to send 8 boxes of stuff from UK to Canberra. Would definitely use them again.

Wendy
Old Nov 20th 2005, 10:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

The S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to behold

Hi Wendy,

We too shall be shipping roughly 8 boxes over, we're heading for Brisbane. Can you tell me the price you were quoted, we are in process off enquiring with companies but taking forever to get back to us.

Cheers
Old Nov 20th 2005, 10:27 pm
It's got to be purple....

wsbtroyno21 has a reputation beyond reputewsbtroyno21 has a reputation beyond reputewsbtroyno21 has a reputation beyond reputewsbtroyno21 has a reputation beyond reputewsbtroyno21 has a reputation beyond reputewsbtroyno21 has a reputation beyond reputewsbtroyno21 has a reputation beyond reputewsbtroyno21 has a reputation beyond reputewsbtroyno21 has a reputation beyond reputewsbtroyno21 has a reputation beyond reputewsbtroyno21 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The S's
Hi Wendy,

We too shall be shipping roughly 8 boxes over, we're heading for Brisbane. Can you tell me the price you were quoted, we are in process off enquiring with companies but taking forever to get back to us.

Cheers

Hi

The total cost of our shipment was £524.95 in total. This included them delivering empty boxes and packing material to our home, then picking up the boxes once we had packed them, and delivering them to our new house in Canberra. (It also included insurance.)

We sent 4 book case size boxes and 4 tea chest size boxes plus a guitar in its case. Everything arrived in perfect condition and took about 10 weeks to get from UK to Canberra.

Hope this helps.

Wendy
Old Nov 21st 2005, 6:44 am
BE Forum Addict

SuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really nice

I'm thinking of using them - they have had pretty decent review on here and I was pretty impressed with their rep when he came out last week. Just waiting for the quotes in the post (from them and Crown).

SS
Old Nov 21st 2005, 12:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

The S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to beholdThe S's is a splendid one to behold

Hi Wendy,

Thats a great help, it's cheaper than I was expecting so thats gotta be good!!

Cheers leeting me know

Good luck to you all
xxxx
Old Nov 21st 2005, 1:06 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

I shipped a box from the Excess Baggage office at Heathrow - exellent service both ends, there and Brisbane. I also know people who used Seven Seas for last minute shipping to Brissie, and said they were good too.
Old Nov 24th 2005, 9:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Seabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud of

I am using them.

They came to my house and packed last Tuesday and were very efficient. Was quite amusing that two of the chaps clearly disliked each other and insisted on swearing at each other. Not ideal if you've got young kids, but I reckon that they may have avoided the language it my daughter was younger.

They had nerves of steel, as my daughter went into labour when they were there and finally admitted that she didn't have any transport to get to the hospital and was 20 miles away! The poor guys had to rush so that I could sign the paperwork and drive to rescue daughter!! All came right in the end. but I have to say that a lesser company may have considered us completely barmey!

Don't know about the other end, but they ended up charging me £500 LESS than their quote as I'd had a good throw-away.

All the best

Claire
Old Nov 25th 2005, 6:47 am
BE Forum Addict

SuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really nice

WOW!! What a day you must have had.

I'm glad it all worked out for you.

SS
Old Nov 25th 2005, 7:51 am
BE Enthusiast

Seabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud ofSeabird has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by SuperSeagulls
WOW!! What a day you must have had.

I'm glad it all worked out for you.

SS
thanks. Good luck
Old Nov 25th 2005, 7:56 am

Anne4Terry is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Seabird
thanks. Good luck
How's your daughter? What did she have? Post a piccy, I love new babies
Old Nov 25th 2005, 1:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Anne4Terry
How's your daughter? What did she have? Post a piccy, I love new babies
Daughter's great, one of the easiest labours the midwives had seen on a first baby. She was in hospital for 45 minutes before producing with no stitches or pain relief, home in 3 hours and at her friends house in 4 with baby Oscar.

Will get a piccie scanned in and posted...

Thanks

Claire
Old Nov 25th 2005, 1:32 pm

Elaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud ofElaine M has much to be proud of

I used Excess Baggage to fly some last minute boxes and a couple of pictures over when I emigrated last year.

Very efficient, no problems in the UK or on arrival in Adelaide.

Elaine M