Excess Baggage

Old Mar 11th 2009, 8:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

AndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to behold
Default Excess Baggage

Has anyone used Excess Baggage to ship items via sea to Oz? We were looking at using the but I'm not sure now.

Filled out the online form yesterday for a quote and so far I've had 4 quotes come back, from 4 different people, with 4 different references and 4 different prices with a difference of £211 between them, all from the same company!!

Doesn't inspire confidence so think I might be going with someone else, so any suggestions who are decent?
Old Mar 11th 2009, 10:44 pm
Forum Regular

natalieml is just really nicenatalieml is just really nicenatalieml is just really nicenatalieml is just really nicenatalieml is just really nicenatalieml is just really nicenatalieml is just really nicenatalieml is just really nicenatalieml is just really nicenatalieml is just really nice
Default Re: Excess Baggage

Have you tried Anglo pacific or Seven Seas?

They both do excess baggage shipping. We have found Anglo pacific the cheapest for us.

Hope this is of some use!
Old Mar 11th 2009, 11:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Pommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud ofPommy Dan has much to be proud of

I have used Excess Baggage to send stuff via air. Good service, they came and collected the stuff (TV, few boxes), packed it and contacted me when it was ready for delivery the other end.

Have also used their airport suitcase sending service from LHR to MEL.

Certainly cheaper than airline excess baggage.
Old Mar 11th 2009, 11:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

We have a bag coming over with them which was sent at the end of November & has yet to arrive! Thankfully it's nothing too urgent!
If you do a search I think you will find a few other such stories!
Old Mar 11th 2009, 11:25 pm
Forum Regular

Kevhaze is just really niceKevhaze is just really niceKevhaze is just really niceKevhaze is just really niceKevhaze is just really niceKevhaze is just really niceKevhaze is just really niceKevhaze is just really niceKevhaze is just really niceKevhaze is just really niceKevhaze is just really nice

Originally Posted by AndyR
Has anyone used Excess Baggage to ship items via sea to Oz? We were looking at using the but I'm not sure now.

Filled out the online form yesterday for a quote and so far I've had 4 quotes come back, from 4 different people, with 4 different references and 4 different prices with a difference of £211 between them, all from the same company!!

Doesn't inspire confidence so think I might be going with someone else, so any suggestions who are decent?
Hi AndyR

We used Excess Baggage and they were excellent. We had a small three bedroomed house to empty, and they took two days. We just had two guys packing and wrapping and they were very friendly. When the container arrived in Australia the only damage was to the stem of a wine glass and some candles that had melted on their trip and wrapped themselves around each other!

I would highly recommend them.

Hazel
Old Mar 12th 2009, 12:21 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Used them to send some stuff by air when I first arrived, and I have another bag coming with them this week, also by air. Most people on here seem to think they are pretty good.
Old Mar 12th 2009, 12:39 am
Gone Walkabout

aussiedreamz is just really niceaussiedreamz is just really niceaussiedreamz is just really niceaussiedreamz is just really niceaussiedreamz is just really niceaussiedreamz is just really niceaussiedreamz is just really niceaussiedreamz is just really niceaussiedreamz is just really nice

Excess Baggage are good, we sent 10 tea chests over, they (EB) picked them at home and gave us the ships tracking number, all arrived within 7 weeks and delivered to new address and good news nothing was damaged, 10 box's with insurance cost around £700 but depends what you are insuring we went fully comp on £10,000.

Tip - Buy or hire some postal scales when you fill the box so you can get your full 35 kilos in each box as they charge per box sent, not how heavy they weigh..this will save you money ordering extra boxes and/or sending boxes that may be underweight....
Old Mar 12th 2009, 2:10 am
BE Forum Addict

Deutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to behold

Excess Baggage were good.

I was also confused about why I got several quotes. I just chose the one which was actually from EB.
Old Mar 12th 2009, 3:50 am
BE Enthusiast

minibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud ofminibelle has much to be proud of

We used excess baggage, they where really good, we didn't have a full container so we waited slightly longer to receive are items (about 15 weeks) all went well with no damage

minibelle
Old Mar 14th 2009, 11:05 am
BE Enthusiast

AndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by minibelle
We used excess baggage, they where really good, we didn't have a full container so we waited slightly longer to receive are items (about 15 weeks) all went well with no damage

minibelle
Thx everyone, think I am certainly going to give them a miss and find someone else.

Since I did the original post I've had yet another quote with a different price and I've also had chase up emails from all of them, followed by phone calls from them asking me what I'm doing. I checked the emails I was getting and they were all coming from Excess Baggage as well so not sure what they're playing at.

I even told the first person who called me up that I wanted a box they didn't list on the quote page but do on there FAQ, so she said she'll add it to the quote and resend it through. She did but sent me 2 quotes and told me to add them together to get the new price!! Scary actually, and then to top it off I had 3 seperate phones calls in the space of 10 minutes from the other people asking me if I'm interested, and they were all from EB! Its too much hassle already so based on that I can't trust them so will stay well clear!

Thanks for the suggestions on Anglo and Seven Seas, already had one from SS who seem OK so far.
Old Mar 14th 2009, 1:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

itigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond reputeitigo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AndyR
Thx everyone, think I am certainly going to give them a miss and find someone else.

Since I did the original post I've had yet another quote with a different price and I've also had chase up emails from all of them, followed by phone calls from them asking me what I'm doing. I checked the emails I was getting and they were all coming from Excess Baggage as well so not sure what they're playing at.

I even told the first person who called me up that I wanted a box they didn't list on the quote page but do on there FAQ, so she said she'll add it to the quote and resend it through. She did but sent me 2 quotes and told me to add them together to get the new price!! Scary actually, and then to top it off I had 3 seperate phones calls in the space of 10 minutes from the other people asking me if I'm interested, and they were all from EB! Its too much hassle already so based on that I can't trust them so will stay well clear!

Thanks for the suggestions on Anglo and Seven Seas, already had one from SS who seem OK so far.
We are going with Excess baggage and like you had about 3 quotes. They are all from Excess Baggage - they do trade under a few names - it states this at the bottom of the website - our boxes have EB on them and 1st Contact. I just chose one of the quotes - the one that was accurate! Phoned the lady and they were very professional from there. I had only read good things about them on here tbh before this thread. If you search for SS or Anglo there seem to be many duff stories!

Hopefully it'll go smoothly, boxes go in less than 2 weeks so this weekend is pack pack pack!

Hope you get your removals sorted the way you want.....
Old Mar 14th 2009, 1:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by itigo
We are going with Excess baggage and like you had about 3 quotes. They are all from Excess Baggage - they do trade under a few names - it states this at the bottom of the website - our boxes have EB on them and 1st Contact. I just chose one of the quotes - the one that was accurate! Phoned the lady and they were very professional from there. I had only read good things about them on here tbh before this thread. If you search for SS or Anglo there seem to be many duff stories!

Hopefully it'll go smoothly, boxes go in less than 2 weeks so this weekend is pack pack pack!

Hope you get your removals sorted the way you want.....
Thx. Good to know they are decent as like you say EB do seem to have the best rep on here, was just surprised to have all these quotes. I've had multiple quotes before but when I read at the bottom they were all the same company, and they quote prices ranged up to £211 difference then I can't trust them with that.

I also asked the lady on the phone about extra boxes and she told me they would still charge us to deliver and collect the extra boxes even if we don't use them, which isn't the case with the others I've spoke too. Oh well, hope you move goes smoothly.