Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

ex refusing to sign stat dec for 15 & 17yr olds. how long to get a court order???

ex refusing to sign stat dec for 15 & 17yr olds. how long to get a court order???

Old Sep 7th 2005, 10:49 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: in a place near the river and the sea where the sun always shines
debbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ex refusing to sign stat dec for 15 & 17yr olds. how long to get a court order???

tina this is really interesting, is that what you did?

if it saves thousands then i'm certainly up for it. the kids really want to go, and the less stress everyone goes through the better.

i know their dad loves them, but they are of an age they can make choices for themselves and i think my ex is being very selfish and thinking about his own need. he hardly has anything to do with our daughter as it is. but, i know this dosent mean he dosent love her.

i know if the bootwere on the other foot, i'd feel the same, but, would think of the kids before myself. after all, whats the saying, 'our kids are only leant to us!'

debs x
Old Sep 7th 2005, 10:42 pm
Nicest member ( I think)

meelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond reputemeelie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ex refusing to sign stat dec for 15 & 17yr olds. how long to get a court order???

Originally Posted by BobbyDazzler
This is interesting

Are you saying that if the kids move to Oz then the ex-father is not legally obliged to support his children financially whether that is via maintenance like he pays now (which is enforced by a court order) or (as a last resort) the CSA?

Rgds

BD
Yep, once your child is out of the country its out of the CSA's jurisdiction. I arrived on 1st July and obviously informed them I was leaving the UK and I got my last payment on the 7th july. Best thing I did, contacting the CSA as it gave me leverage on my ex and caused him a lot of problems (he separated from his second wife briefly because of it). If I hadn't used the CSA he wouldn't have given permission, but then he's an ***ole.
Old Oct 15th 2005, 2:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

debbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond repute

just an update.......... have parted with a cheque for £750 and recieved a 1st court date for 7th of november!

am chuffed, not about the money, but the date as its only 3 weeks away. apparently the caffcass workers will be there so have been advised to make myself known. fingers crossed my ex wont show up!

well, i feel like things are moving now, i've been quite low this past few weeks, but all my stuff has been certified and sent off now and alan collett put me onto a good agent so its full steam ahead now.

i'll let you know what happens on the 7th, if you're interested that is.... till then ta ta for now.

debbie
Old Oct 15th 2005, 2:52 pm

tiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond reputetiredwithtwins has a reputation beyond repute

hiya debs, have just sent you a pm

sue x
Old Oct 15th 2005, 3:37 pm
Where I want to be

ub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond reputeub40fan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by debbiemc
just an update.......... have parted with a cheque for £750 and recieved a 1st court date for 7th of november!

am chuffed, not about the money, but the date as its only 3 weeks away. apparently the caffcass workers will be there so have been advised to make myself known. fingers crossed my ex wont show up!

well, i feel like things are moving now, i've been quite low this past few weeks, but all my stuff has been certified and sent off now and alan collett put me onto a good agent so its full steam ahead now.

i'll let you know what happens on the 7th, if you're interested that is.... till then ta ta for now.

debbie
Hi Debbie

Hope things go well for you on the 7th.

Shirley
Old Oct 15th 2005, 3:58 pm
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by debbiemc

debbie
Good luck Debbie, hope it goes your way. Fingers crossed for you.
Old Oct 16th 2005, 3:08 am
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

Good to hear you are going ahead with doing it yourself. Fingers crossed it all goes good for you. X
Old Oct 16th 2005, 3:18 am
Mel
Just Joined

Mel is an unknown quantity at this point

hello debbiemc,

my cousin who is starting the process for migration to Australia is also separated from her husband. She is doing the application by herself as she just can't afford to employ the services of a migration agent.

would you mind if i request for a template for the stat dec. that the ex-husband has to sign? We just want to know what should be the complete details needed to be put in the stat dec.

hope you sort your problem with your ex soon.

best regards.
Old Oct 16th 2005, 6:02 am
BE Forum Addict

thanks everyone for the good wishes. i just feel better knowing things are starting to move now.

tina, i'm not doing it myself afterall, i just didnt want to risk it, so have got a top notch solicitor as advised, the best in the field apparently, bloody ought to be, £160 ph plus vat!!!!!! the £750 was just the deposit!! she reckons if it goes the whole way, the total costs will be £5K :scared:

thanks again everyone and i'll keep you posted

debs x
Old Oct 16th 2005, 6:08 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Mel
hello debbiemc,

my cousin who is starting the process for migration to Australia is also separated from her husband. She is doing the application by herself as she just can't afford to employ the services of a migration agent.

would you mind if i request for a template for the stat dec. that the ex-husband has to sign? We just want to know what should be the complete details needed to be put in the stat dec.

hope you sort your problem with your ex soon.

best regards.
firstly, welcome to expats and thanks for the good wishes.

i cant find the thread where i downloaded the form but if you send a pm to andrew63 and ask hiom nicely , i'm sure he'll give you the web address.

hope your cousins has better luck than me!

debbie