Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Evidence of Visa Grant, Anybody help please?

Evidence of Visa Grant, Anybody help please?

Old Jan 8th 2011, 2:40 pm
Forum Regular

Pinny is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Evidence of Visa Grant, Anybody help please?

Hi All

I have had my Visa granted in Dec.

On the email sent by Immi has a paragraph "Obtaining Evidence of Visa Grant".

Can anybody tell me, as we have phoned Australia House and they said we don't have to do anything, whether we have to have anything placed in our passports before we go to Australia to Validate the Visa.

Any help on this would be really appreciated.

Thanks
Stuart
Old Jan 8th 2011, 4:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

deb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Evidence of Visa Grant, Anybody help please?

We got our visa granted in May, and although all you need as proof of visa is the visa grant letter (email) with all your details on it, we sent a copy of this to Australia House with all our passports. They will then put a visa grant sticker in everyones passport, which then becomes the evidence. A much more permanent option.
Old Jan 8th 2011, 4:32 pm
Forum Regular

Pinny is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi
Thanks for the info.

So, as far as you know, we don't have to send them to Australia House and can just take the letter/email as evidence?

Cheers
Stuart
Old Jan 8th 2011, 4:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

deb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to beholddeb68 is a splendid one to behold

Yes, that's right, but for the sake of a fiver to send the passports by recorded delivery, I would strongly recommend you get that sticker. Passports get send back pretty quick too. For some reason, our emails from immi vanished, still got no idea where they went to, just lucky I'd already printed off the info I needed.
Old Jan 8th 2011, 9:20 pm
Forum Regular

australianinleicester has much to be proud ofaustralianinleicester has much to be proud ofaustralianinleicester has much to be proud ofaustralianinleicester has much to be proud ofaustralianinleicester has much to be proud ofaustralianinleicester has much to be proud ofaustralianinleicester has much to be proud ofaustralianinleicester has much to be proud ofaustralianinleicester has much to be proud ofaustralianinleicester has much to be proud ofaustralianinleicester has much to be proud of

Hi Deb

We thought we had lost all our e mails from immigration too, however, we since found them. The problem was, we had been swapping between pc and lap top when sending and receiving e mail. All the important messages were stored on the pc and I was desperately trying to find them on the lap top and thought that maybe I had deleted them by accident or something durrr.

If you own more than one computer then check the other one for the missing e mails, you never know

Old Jan 8th 2011, 10:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

hantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud ofhantsfamily1 has much to be proud of

As I remember we had to send our pasports with a pre-paid signed delivery envolope with it to Austrlia House. The actual visas are then stuck inside the passports. Everyone I know has done it this way and has the visa details permanently in their passports.
Old Jan 8th 2011, 10:50 pm
Forum Regular

man777 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by hantsfamily1
As I remember we had to send our pasports with a pre-paid signed delivery envolope with it to Austrlia House. The actual visas are then stuck inside the passports. Everyone I know has done it this way and has the visa details permanently in their passports.
if you have bio metric passports, you don't need to send it anywhere, the visa is directly sent to your passport chin...